Nacho's_wit_cheez

Boosted v6

Breaking point for what part? Stock bottom end we say 350-360 rwhp safely no problem (assuming it's in good shape). I've seen a few go over 400 rwhp with the rest of the motor stock - but general thought is that they are on borrowed time at that point.

With a forged bottom end, we haven't found a breaking point for the stock crank or stock block. Several push 900 flywheel hp with enough fuel and boost.

Define heads being built?

Springs, rollers, retainers? Ported (obviously)

You'll be just fine around 300. And Roush repeated what I told you already, no issues of the block splitting on the 3.8.

It's a wicked motor, people just don't give it a chance.

No, the T Bird rear isn't a direct swap. In fact, it's not worth it at all with all the fabbing you'd have to do. Even the Cobra IRS isn't a good IRS to build off of. For the cost of the Cobra IRS swap, you can make your solid axle handle twice as well.

VMP has some great tunes for the V6 and Justin can do it remotely for you as well. He's put out some serious V6 Mustangs over the years including a 10 second V6 with a stock motor with boost.

Even the Cobra IRS isn't a good IRS to build off of. For the cost of the Cobra IRS swap, you can make your solid axle handle twice as well.

I don't agree, I come here to post because the dislike button is broken lol.

The 99-01 IRS is not good to build off of, but the 03/04 IRS will handle a ton of abuse and with little money invested.And is one of the best options out there.

I agree for a street car, it's a step up if you swap one in stock for stock.

But for a road course / handling car you have to dump $$ into them. You can get a better result out of that same amount of money put into the SRA when it comes to extreme handling. Jazzer has a great write up on Mustangforums.com that goes into deal. Shoot, the head of Griggs swapped out his IRS for a SRA on his road course car... that should say a lot right there.

If you have the proper trim turbine side you can lol.. But with a 70+trim exhaust side on a 6er it may spool but very late in the rpm range.. 4500 + lol

Sent from my iPhone

Sweet power band

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Supra Killer.

Not so much lol

Hx52 will spool fine especially if I opted out for a stroker, reason I say is because I run an hx52 on my last project which was a tiny 4L but then again I'm comparing a v6 toa v8 sooooo I'm not dead set on a turbo choice until.I do. my homework I just through the.idea of using t.the hx52 because I already have one sitting on the shelf.

Hx52 will spool fine especially if I opted out for a stroker' date=' reason I say is because I run an hx52 on my last project which was a tiny 4L but then again I'm comparing a v6 toa v8 sooooo I'm not dead set on a turbo choice until.I do. my homework I just through the.idea of using t.the hx52 because I already have one sitting on the shelf.[/quote']

Says who?

You said your only looking for 300 rwhp or so you think you would want to maximize your powerband with a small turbo that spools quickly rather than one that spools and makes power for 1000 rpms lol.

Im running a 67mm on my 4.6 and even then, I almost think a 62mm would be a better suite for a street car, and im looking at 550-600 rwhp hopefully.

That turbos way too big for your goals IMO.

Edited by justinschmidt1

i will be running a precision 6266 turbo with a t4 .81 a/r when i eventually find time to swap the kits. that hx52 is definately too big, especially for 300hp. you would have to run a pretty large wastegate to be able to keep that size turbo from trying to build excessive boost.