BADASS03SVT

8.97 @ 151 w/ 2.3 TVS

Man....wasnt expecting any of this this weekend the way things were going on Friday. Car would not hook...1.37-1.38 on my first 2 passes on Friday to the tune of a 9.33 and a 9.22. Then I was having a low rpm issue trying to do the burnout and the car stalled Saturday. Got it done though and went 9.15 @ 149 w/ a 1.35. Tried it again on our 2nd qualifying pass Saturday night and same thing happened. Better 60' though at 1.34 and she went 9.01 @ 151. Reloaded another tune Sunday morning that actually had 1 more degree of timing in it and I left it there. She made it through the burnout but at the tree I had no trans brake! Left off the footbrake with a 1.44 and went 9.09 @ 151. In 2nd round I raced Evolutions 2013 and at the top of first she nosed over a bit and she went 9.07 @ 150 w/ a 1.28. So the 60' came around but something was still up spark / fuel wise. Then I got the bye run and the car felt good on the hit with a 1.31 but I heard a noise I didnt like. Turns out on the hit my bullet muffler and turndown fell off and was dragging by the hanger!! I removed 1 degree of timing and reloaded the tune and this seemed to be perfect....

Semi finals against Timmy (8.1-8.2 car)

5.73 @ 121.30

8.97 @ 151.53

Finals against Tommy (8.3-8.4 car)

1.38 - on the back tires

5.72 @ 121.30

8.97 @ 151.53

how about those mph......weird

So I won the heads up shootout which is pretty friggin awesome and with a new best to boot. Pretty excited. Here are the two vids from outside for now....will do up something else with the rest later

and here is one of a bunch of different angles

Edited by Brian

Jake I watched all your runs. When I saw something hanging from your car I was like oh shit, but then saw you back out there and I knew it was on. Glad we got to talk for a bit, car look great man. Congrats on your Win!!

Jake I watched all your runs. When I saw something hanging from your car I was like oh shit, but then saw you back out there and I knew it was on. Glad we got to talk for a bit, car look great man. Congrats on your Win!!

my car was just saying..."really...2.5" exhaust.....get that shit outta here!!!"

I am curious to know when you ran the 9, to claim first Eaton-powered car.

I ask because there is a local guy (Frank Yee) who claims to have the first Eaton-powered Cobra in the 9's. I think he ran a 9 back in 2007 or 2008.

650 RWHP through 4R70W Automatic Transmission

First Eaton Terminator in the 9's

5/30/2008

4400ft+ Da 95+ Degrees Ambient Temp

1.375 60'

Resetting The Terminator Eaton Record from May 17, 2008 held by us.

Frank's Voodoo Racing Innovations 03 Cobra

Full Weight w/ 3650lbs Race Weight

Eaton/150shot

Auto Trans

Solid rear

Previous Best 9.93@135.80 on 05/17/08

Edited by M4Mustang

I am curious to know when you ran the 9, to claim first Eaton-powered car.

I ask because there is a local guy (Frank Yee) who claims to have the first Eaton-powered Cobra in the 9's. I think he ran a 9 back in 2007 or 2008.

I know Frank...met him a couple times. He did it with nitrous, I was blower only. I copied my sig from my local forum....I usually have "only" after eaton