Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

Thank's dewds!  I'm just happy I finally found a wheel I like and that fits without having to do much mods (ie minitub, however I was fully prepared to minitub to make these fit).  They are TSW Bathhurst's at 19x10.5 rear 8.5 front with a +27mm out back, there is a little room to space it out if needed.  The goal was to copper coat the centers and make the outer portion (lip if you will) was going to be gloss black.  Given my budget, that's no longer going to happen so the same orientation just the centers will be bronze, gold or copper in color, not too certain yet. 

Since the Jeep has been a whore the last few weeks I haven't been able to make headway on the Mustang.  I had picked up an air compressor from a friend so I could finish sand the engine bay however that never happened because of the dumb Jeep.  Jeep should be done tonight so I may be able to get something done Thursday night however since I'm leaving for the south Saturday morning I'll most likely be packing.  Delays Delays and more Delays.  Almost want to just stay home next week and make some headway on the Mustang however others may not like that idea too much  ;)

Are you gonna coat the center caps gold/ bronze/etc or the center parts in between the spokes?

If center caps I think matching lugs would look sick!

If in between the spokes then gunmetal/ black lugs would look awesome!

Are you gonna coat the center caps gold/ bronze/etc or the center parts in between the spokes?

If center caps I think matching lugs would look sick!

If in between the spokes then gunmetal/ black lugs would look awesome!

Basically picture the spokes and centers being bronze.  Everything other then the spoke part of the wheel will be gloss black.  @tony would have to work his photoshop magic to relay what I'm going for, hard to essplain lol 

That color on the black is going to look good.

Thanks man, think it will look pretty good.

Badass build Steve.  I love looking through here as most of the build threads you can definitely learn something here and there.  Keep up the good work!

Appreciate the kind words!  Trying to, should be making lots of progress after Myrtle. 

Appreciate the kind words!  Trying to, should be making lots of progress after Myrtle. 

You and me both.  Going to be doing a little conversion on mine to finally get it back on the road.

Thoughts?  I'm thinking about selling a few things.

I tend to accumulate old parts strictly for sentimental reasons.  My main reasoning for holding on to these would be to return the car back to stock had I ever decided to rid myself of the car, multiple times have I contemplated this trust me.  My factory motor has be sitting in a corner of my garage next to my dad's original motor and I look at it all the time thinking "What's the point?!"  My car at this point is un-returnable back to stock so what good is a numbers matching motor?  The car at this point is far detached from it's original state.  If not I may consider some more long term storage locations as this is starting to get annoying.  I say all of this and I have a 3500lb space occupier in the one bay.  Blah. 

sell it all.  i just can't see somebody 20 years from now saying "wow i wish i had a stock 240hp motor to put in this 1994 black cobra.  they only made like thousands of them"

if you ever do decide to sell, you'll sell it as is and if you want to keep things like the motor, then it will just be a roller.  screw it.  forge ahead man!!

I don't recall what the condition of your old motor was, but mine was pretty much toast. I sold the short block for $250 to a highschool kid who dumped it in a notch with heads and intake and drove the shit out of it. No idea how long it lasted, but he likely was putting about a quart in it every week.

I have funded a lot of new parts on my car by selling older parts, given that you have a cobra, your stock parts are a bit more sought after and can really offset purchases to make them hurt the piggy bank a bit less. I used to keep a lot of parts too, until I started running out of room...then I started purging them lol.

Thoughts? I'm thinking about selling a few things.

I tend to accumulate old parts strictly for sentimental reasons. My main reasoning for holding on to these would be to return the car back to stock had I ever decided to rid myself of the car, multiple times have I contemplated this trust me. My factory motor has be sitting in a corner of my garage next to my dad's original motor and I look at it all the time thinking "What's the point?!" My car at this point is un-returnable back to stock so what good is a numbers matching motor? The car at this point is far detached from it's original state. If not I may consider some more long term storage locations as this is starting to get annoying. I say all of this and I have a 3500lb space occupier in the one bay. Blah.

B

You and me both. Going to be doing a little conversion on mine to finally get it back on the road.

Appreciate the kind words! Trying to, should be making lots of progress after Myrtle.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

I've sold and scrapped just about everything but the motor and some other random crap that I have no clue whether I will need or not.  I still have the motor though, occupying space along with the 351w.  It will probably never happen, but I have aspirations of putting the 302 into a car for my wife - 49 Ford Custom if it doesn't have a flathead.

Dude lol,,,, I have so much shit to sell it's ridic.  I just was handed off all my uncles farm equipment to sell also. Kill me @blackmage 

so what your saying is picture and description party at your house?

Started to smear some of this weird freezing type goo on the core support

22226980588_6443140722_b.jpg

Came to the conclusion that I don't know how to use it.  More importantly though, new air compressor arrived yesterday!  Now I can finally use my air tools again.  Should be fun.  

Stayed at my parents the other week to watch the dogs, thought I would have the entire time to try and wrap up the Mustang.  Wrong, courtesy of the WJ.  Anyways this is what I was dealing with that week:

Was putting new brakes and caliper hoses on the WJ, huge mistake.  The hard lines ended up breaking and had to rush around to try and source two new pre-bent front hard lines.  Finally found some at a dealer in New Jersey and had the enjoyment of weaving them through the engine bay.  Stops much better now!  While I was at it I replaced all the tie rod ends for the drag link and tie rod along with a new track bar.  I thing it's time to ditch this Jeep:

25770289541_41e245d321_b.jpg

Needless to say, I have limited time to get any work on the Mustang aside from welding in the patch plate for the ABS unit that I decided to ditch.  New brake line is on the way along with the distribution block to delete the ABS.  I'm a pro at brakes now after the Jeep so here goes nothing.  I'm really over having this dumb thing apart, considered many many times to just sell everything but the lady talked me out of it.  Sure we've all been down this road but whatevs!  Sorry for the lame update. 

25770482921_898e7cf8a4_b.jpg

I know exactly how you feel about having the car apart so long, I'm getting pretty sick of it myself with mine. I still love the shape of your metal work in the engine bay, really fits the lines of the car nicely.