Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

7 hours ago, Tabres said:

Wow, those are pretty.

Thanks man!  Took 6 weeks to get but now I don't have to have a small tube smashed shorty header on this motor.  

5 hours ago, SublimeRT said:

Whoops!  Time for carb swap.

Might as well!!

5 hours ago, The Mk2 said:

Don't need O2 sensors...

I've been running without them for 2 years now.

As long as you can tune it out I'm down for whatever!

3 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

Accufab?

Correct, ordered their bt180 version.  I'm pretty happy with them, just a long wait time which is to be expected with custom built headers.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

Correct, ordered their bt180 version.  I'm pretty happy with them, just a long wait time which is to be expected with custom built headers.

Cool!  I was looking at doing their BT210 since Anderson/Bassani big tube shorties are unicorns.  Don't want to be smashing LTs.

8 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

Cool!  I was looking at doing their BT210 since Anderson/Bassani big tube shorties are unicorns.  Don't want to be smashing LTs.

I thought about it then I forgot about it!  Was trying to save some space with long tubes, my shorties kept hitting the steering shaft so I gave up.  I'll post a pic of how much I had to smash them to get them to fit, definitely a choking point for the drive side. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steve-Oh said:

I thought about it then I forgot about it!  Was trying to save some space with long tubes, my shorties kept hitting the steering shaft so I gave up.  I'll post a pic of how much I had to smash them to get them to fit, definitely a choking point for the drive side. 

So you you don't think you'll end up smashing the LTs on the ground??

1 hour ago, Psychorugby said:

So you you don't think you'll end up smashing the LTs on the ground??

I didn't smash my last set of LT's on the ground at this ride height so I'm crossing my fingers. 

Those things are works of art!

If you do smash them, make sure you online chat with the company's customer service people and be completely unreasonable and irate because they should have known it would happen... Refuse any help they offer and call them hurtful things too ;)

On 6/1/2016 at 5:51 PM, 95riosnake said:

Those things are works of art!

If you do smash them, make sure you online chat with the company's customer service people and be completely unreasonable and irate because they should have known it would happen... Refuse any help they offer and call them hurtful things too ;)

Thanks Dan!  I laughed so hard when I read that :D

17 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

and send them a pic of your big toe

Hahahaha yep, lay the header on the floor, then smash your toe with something so it looks disgusting and pop it into the bottom of the photo. Proves it's you right? ;)

that's not recent is it?  isn't that the one you did a while back when you pulled the engine?  if not then i super excited to see the motor back in the car!!

3 hours ago, Prokiller said:

that's not recent is it?  isn't that the one you did a while back when you pulled the engine?  if not then i super excited to see the motor back in the car!!

Nope this is from today!  Yeah man totally a nice site to see this all together again.  Just need a few things, nice brake lines, abs delete manifold, build the exhaust and tires.  Should be able to get it done soon but still a long road ahead. 

3 hours ago, GTTRacing91PGT said:

Is that a portable lift? Those vertical posts really move as the car goes up.

Yeah they do move as they are not anchored.  It has caster bases that lift the posts off the ground so it can move around.  It's not going anywhere hahaha!

16 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

Yeah they do move as they are not anchored.  It has caster bases that lift the posts off the ground so it can move around.  It's not going anywhere hahaha!

Which lift is it? I've thought about a portable before.

On 7/30/2016 at 10:48 AM, GTTRacing91PGT said:

Which lift is it? I've thought about a portable before.

Sure thing, he got this lift from a local retailer near us.  Here is the link: http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8000-EXT

40 minutes ago, 95riosnake said:

That front camber tho! lol

Good to see the car coming back together! I feel for you completely on the topic of having a car down for waaaaay too long lol.

Hahaha the camber is so off it's ridiculous.  

With it being at my parents it's been more and more easy to forget it even existed.  Aside from the occasional reminder from the parents it was out of mind.   I'll be there this weekend watching their dogs while they are away so I ordered some goodies to get the brake lines finished (hopefully) and get the headers installed.   Also, I got a new winch from work that obviously did not work (it was a return so I was not surprised) so I spent this week trying to fix that.  Hopefully more progress this weekend.  

8 hours ago, Blackmage said:

HEY HEY!!  THE MOTORS IN THE CAR!!!!!

Oh hell yeah!  It still fit too!

I was obnoxious and had some of light Ford blue left over and this happened: 

28613918770_606686c351_b.jpg

Got a chance over the weekend to run over to my Cousins shop and TIG weld the collector flanges on the headers.  Not too bad I guess, burnt them in a little hot and had the wrong sized filler rod.  

30658775446_ca38cb41b4_b.jpg[/url]

30578762942_10ef8540a2_b.jpg[/url]

30578762472_028a580865_b.jpg

30658773856_05f5ea5fa0_b.jpg

30578762102_0631b5f081_b.jpg

Going to test fit them when I get back from Canada and hopefully get the rest of the exhaust fitted.  Might have to run them bare until I get money together to have them coated but that's fine.  They'll probably last long then my BBK chrome headers did. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

Going to test fit them when I get back from Canada and hopefully get the rest of the exhaust fitted.  Might have to run them bare until I get money together to have them coated but that's fine.  They'll probably last long then my BBK chrome headers did. 

Bring them down here and have my guy ceramic coat them.  He's cheap and really good (he does the ceramic coating for Monster Jam trucks).

2 hours ago, Psychorugby said:

Bring them down here and have my guy ceramic coat them.  He's cheap and really good (he does the ceramic coating for Monster Jam trucks).

I'll be down the end of January I think.  They should fit in a carryon! 

46 minutes ago, 95riosnake said:

I think those welds look damn good!

Jet Hot charged me $500 or $550 to coat my long tubes IIRC, in case you were considering them and weren't sure what they charge.

Thanks Dan!  I actually was not sure what they charged but now I know!  Doesn't seem too bad so I'll have to see what the turn around time is and get the shit done. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

I'll be down the end of January I think.  They should fit in a carryon! 

Do it!  For reference, my guy charged me $110 to strip and coat the whole 8.8...

Nice work there man!  Sweet shop too.  It's kinda funny to see the olympic rings hanging there and that net.  I was actually looking around on Amazon the other day for some rings to hang up out in the shop here to get a little exercise in here and there.  

18 hours ago, SublimeRT said:

Nice work there man!  Sweet shop too.  It's kinda funny to see the olympic rings hanging there and that net.  I was actually looking around on Amazon the other day for some rings to hang up out in the shop here to get a little exercise in here and there.  

Thanks!  That's my Cousin's company.  Yeah they use the rings all the time apparently!  It's an incredible workout, I wouldn't know though hahaha.  

Should be attempting install tonight.  We'll see how terrible it goes!

On 11/5/2016 at 9:44 AM, Steve-Oh said:

Thanks!  That's my Cousin's company.  Yeah they use the rings all the time apparently!  It's an incredible workout, I wouldn't know though hahaha.  

Soooo car is running and driving now right?

On 11/5/2016 at 9:44 AM, Steve-Oh said:

Soooo car is running and driving now right?