Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

It is not, forgot my laptop.  However they are in and fitting pretty good!  They do fit very tight on the passenger side though.  Driver side is like a glove.  Plus, the FRPP heads have multiple header holes so they made the flanges use the outside holes so I can easily fit a nice ratcheting wrench to tightened the bolts.  Another added bonus is I don't think these hang down nearly as far as my BBK's did on the new motor. 

30245417003_b18c8364f8_b.jpg

30249077324_a9c3f858cc_b.jpg

30844701536_837d3812a9_b.jpg

Dat spacing though:

30844701686_67f0951a70_b.jpg

30764648322_6327727517_b.jpg

On 11/9/2016 at 3:02 PM, 95riosnake said:

Wow, that's probably the most room between a primary and a header bolt I've ever seen.

Those are some damn sexy headers.

I know right?  I forgot they did this when I ordered them, so on install I'm like man this is really easy.  Then I remember they changed the hole placement.  Guys over at Accufab got their shit together. 

5 hours ago, Blackmage said:

damn they look pretty in there.  Almost as pretty as you, Steve!

Dawh thanks Wilbur! 

Starting to look complete again.  Almost there and finally in touch with our sales rep at TSW and getting the wheels ordered in the next couple days. 

35184965095_8348b19fc3_c.jpg

34798405750_3648320b7e_c.jpg

On 6/9/2017 at 3:58 PM, Orange 94 said:

Nice work on the exhaust!
Damn that bay is clean AF!

Thanks man, still need to make the rest of it!  Not sure how I'm going to route / fab this but imma wing it!  

They bay came out okay!  I didn't finish it so I just ground the welds best I could and painted it with a rattle can.  Doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look finished also.  Thanks though!  It's been a rough couple years for this car but it'll come together soon.  

On 6/21/2017 at 8:41 AM, Yeahloh95 said:

aug 12th I think

I'm shooting for starting it by the end of the month. So I will be there if it's good to go! 

On 6/26/2017 at 10:45 AM, Firefighter181 said:

Took a bit to read through but very nice build! Engine bay looks very sanitary. Love the hat tip to Spaceballs on the plate :)

That's so great!  I love when people notice it because it's not many.  But those that do enjoy the reference!  ;) Thanks for the kind words! 

I have power!  Had a little troubles with the electrical so I wasn't getting spark.  Got it figured out so I'll try again this weekend for a start-up. 

[video]

[/video]

• Like 3

Got the exhaust rigged up for now with 2.5" pipe.  Once I get time I have 3" tubing sitting here to make something a little bit better.  I'm still using the old Flowmaster cat-back I got from 2008, sounds like shit and is all rusted out.  However, I still made it work:

36174912040_14b3384859_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

36433472261_7d3e2b5fb5_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

36433472001_af816ffdf3_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

Once I figured out the engine builder didn't stab the dizzy at TDC things went smoothly and it started right up like nothing.  Set the timing and she runs really well!  Was very excited to hear it finally run.  

Got the front end back on, filled the trans fluid and took it for a little drive down the street.   Left my dad a present in the middle of the street, couldn't resist. 

36527000446_b3f259a842_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

35736722124_2574e9e644_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

Then I ran out of gas:

35736721544_13968d0f27_b.jpgUntitled by whereamioo7, on Flickr

• Like 2

All in all it was pretty easy to do the wiring.  I have a couple of gremlins lurking that I'll work out prior to mustang week but shouldn't be too bad, all related to the two boxes I moved into the pass. side fender.  

19 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

Make sure to replace that tensioner!!!  Lol

I think the belt I put on was too short so it's maxed out.  I think if I put a longer belt on it, that will stop.  Fingers crossed.  

15 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

I think the belt I put on was too short so it's maxed out.  I think if I put a longer belt on it, that will stop.  Fingers crossed.  

don't go any bigger than a half inch then.  we had a similar problem with @busta when we replaced his belt.  there is not much travel on that tensioner.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 7:08 AM, Prokiller said:

don't go any bigger than a half inch then.  we had a similar problem with @busta when we replaced his belt.  there is not much travel on that tensioner.

Good info!  I'm gonna grab one later this week.  Only one more weekend left!!  I'm not sure what your parking situation is down there but we don't have enough room for all the cars plus the tow vehicles and trailers.  I found a place to store the Jeep and trailer for the week so if you wanna pass that info around, I posted it in the MW thread on here. 

I think I posted a few pages back of when I test fitted the TSW wheel I ordered.  I was able to confirm fitment and struck a deal with them on the rest.  They were supposed to arrive prior to MW but they came a week after.  Oh well, the rest are finally here!

36890027614_556a03020a_b.jpg

• Like 2

Aside from that, I've been driving it around.  No too far since it's still not running 100% but the bugs will be worked out in time.  The Jeep was down for a couple weeks so she sat outside under a cover.  Luckily we had a nice stretch of weather so no rain!  

23747772938_d242017067_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Prokiller said:

when are the new wheels going to go on?

2 minutes ago, Blackmage said:

are the new wheels on yet???

At my pace, probably not until 3 years from now ;)

I'm trying to find tire deals since it's the end of the season.  I don't want to put them on now since it's just going to sit for the winter.  Ideally they'll be on prior to the start of next season.  I'm trying to buy a new truck and car before next spring so we'll see how that all works out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve-Oh said:

At my pace, probably not until 3 years from now ;)

I'm trying to find tire deals since it's the end of the season.  I don't want to put them on now since it's just going to sit for the winter.  Ideally they'll be on prior to the start of next season.  I'm trying to buy a new truck and car before next spring so we'll see how that all works out. 

truck and car?

On 10/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, Yeahloh95 said:

what size tires do you need ? looks like the rims are 19" x9.5?

They're 19x8.5" on the front and 19x10.5" rear.  So probably a 255-265/30 front and 295/30 rear.  Somewhere in that ball park. 

On 10/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, Prokiller said:

truck and car?

Need to replace the Jeep because it sucks royally and I need a dump truck for the start of the spring 2018 season. 

• Like 3

On 10/17/2017 at 10:25 AM, Det_Riot said:

You know, Mickey Thompson makes a new 285/35r19 and 305/35r19 ET Street S/S, Both stellar options for the rear! 

MT is on my shit list right now after trying to deal with them at Quad.  But still going to probably end up buying them after your suggestion 

1 hour ago, Steve-Oh said:

MT is on my shit list right now after trying to deal with them at Quad.  But still going to probably end up buying them after your suggestion 

I cant speak for their dealings with off road tires. only go fast tires

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 10:29 AM, Blackmage said:

You got the wheels on yet @Steve-Oh

Negatoid!  I need to order tires for them, was going to wait on the spring.  I was having too much fun taking it out, doing burnouts and not caring about the tires!  They should be on starting spring.  

I actually took it to a friends shop the other day, needed to meet everyone to work on the trucks.  I go to leave and I'm like "Do you have angry neighbors?"  He was a little confused and then the lightbulb went off.  With approval I pull out on to the main street with the intentions of just letting it rip throw first and second.  Got carried away and held the brake in second, made lots of smoke and a nice set of black lines down his street ^_^

• Like 3