Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

My new project is to tackle the fog lights.  Dunno about you guys but these factory fogs need to GO!  ... and they've needed to go since I did the headlights years ago.  No one really makes a clear fog light for our poor cars anymore so I've decided to go with a 2003-2004 Cobra clear fog light as the base.  I'll need to make brackets to fit but I think it'll be worth it in the end.  

The plan is as follows:  Disassemble the Cobra fog lights and retrofit TRS's Morimoto Matchbox projectors into the housing.  Paint everything black, less the projector lens itself, to provide the "smoked" look like with the headlights.  I'll do a 3000k HID kit for the projectors as I really do love the look of the yellow fogs with the crisp "white" color of the HID headlights.  

Just for reference here is how terrible the front end of the car looks now:

9598176428_67cc67bc1a_b.jpg

36527000446_b3f259a842_b.jpg

Sorry that this isn't more of a legit update, but figured it's a start for the winter months.  Also I ordered a bunch of stainless rod to makes intake studs out of. I stripped out the rear driver lower manifold hole so there's a pretty bad air leak there.  So I'm going to helicolil and use studs this time.  Hopefully that'll eliminate the chances of stripping it out again. 

56 minutes ago, Yeahloh95 said:

looks like they fit good 

It's hard to tell but it looks like the fronts stick out too much but I think it's because I couldn't compress the front suspension without throwing the backs off too much.  So worst case I have to camber the fronts a little to bring the tops in.  Close enough though!  

6 hours ago, GTTRacing91PGT said:

Did you ever finish your fog light project?

Unfortunately I can't find the clear fog lights anywhere, all the places I looked were out of stock.  When I made that post I had ordered them from Amazon since they said they had a couple pairs.  Two days later it did the magical Amazon disappearing act and they were canceled. So I'm waiting to see what other options I have for fog lights.  In the meantime I put them in my friends GTO fog lights, they fit really nicely:

38514682840_594cb236f0_b.jpg

40278402822_9009bf9e6e_b.jpg

On 2/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, CompOrangeSN95 said:

Those wheels are awesome.  I think the spacing is going to be perfect once you mount the tires. 

Actually the spacing worked out the opposite I thought it would.  The fronts sit pretty flush and the rears are tucked in about 1/4".  Just gonna space the rears out some and should be good.  I thought the fronts we're gonna stick out a lot but pleasantly surprised when they didn't.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

wow they look good I agree just a small spacer on the rears and you are good

Thanks Troy!  It's down at the shop for inspection and alignment finally.  2011 is the last time it was inspected 😁

5 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

I need to check I might have you beat on the 95 lol which reminds me my focus ran out too dang it

Hahahaha probably, I haven't seen that car in about 17 years it feels!  Funny because the Jeep has been out since November and I just got it done Monday 😏

4 hours ago, Prokiller said:

they look really good on their Steve.  the spacing is almost spot on.

Thanks Ryan!!!  It's funny because I honestly basically guessed at the offsets.  I took the offsets from the old wheels and just made them close 

4 hours ago, CompOrangeSN95 said:

They look killer on the car.  To me, the spacing looks perfect. 

Thank you!  Like above, the spacing was complete luck!  Having the car inspected and aligned now, my bump steer was way off. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/99369283@N05/o2gnAZ

https://www.flickr.com/gp/99369283@N05/o2gnAZ

4 hours ago, Blackmage said:

We need more pics of it out of the garage! They look killer now, cant wait to see some better pictures

I'll get more once the weather clears up here and I have it back.  The shop is doing an alignment and inspection on it now plus installing a new steering shaft.  I guess I toasted the old one with the old exhaust setup. 

I scored a set of 3" in/out Borla's from my buddy so buh bye shitmasters!  The finger was not directed at you guys, I took this for my buddy who said I wouldn't take it off tonight so I was saying "eff you" to him. 

39803366365_7c44ca5f22_b.jpg

Idle Video: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yeahloh95 said:

how do the new muffs sound ?

So far I do not know hahaha!  I didn't build the exhaust yet, just open headers now. 

Also fixed the video link above so I wasn't flipping everyone off ;)

@Prokiller I finally put a new shorter belt on.  No more tensioner clicking noise!  ... and it doesn't fall off anymore.  Don't know how it lasted all through Mustang Week.  

I figured a few things out.  So I'm an idiot, preface, and forgot to tighten all the intake tube clamps so that was falling off.  Then the bracket for the mass air was loose so that was falling off...  In short, my whole intake tube was leaking and falling off.  Hopefully it'll run better now!  

• Like 2

Also took a couple photo's with the mobile phone.  Should be good enough but still need to space the rears out and drop the ride height some. 

40934421842_5143cb6133_b.jpg

40082620485_b799815118_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, Yeahloh95 said:

wow they do look good I saw a car looked just like this the other day on instagram

You're so silly Troy!  

Took a day last Friday and knocked out the exhaust.  I knew I would need to drive it a little since the misses car took a shit on us (more on that shortly).  It's not the best but it works.  Made it from 3" steel tubing and tried to tuck it up as high as I could which is why it's all mismatched and such. 

26689967727_0aacf451f1_h.jpg

40665679805_927b4bea4b_h.jpg

Idle video, quieter than the open headers but still drones inside like a mother fucker. Will probably have someone make tips for it this summer.  

• Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Yeahloh95 said:

I am not sure but I think you have room for one more 02 censor and another 45 at the muffler

I think I do too!!  On it this weekend! 

On 4/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, Blackmage said:

sounds better than the open headers though

Oh God yes it does.  They were rough

On 4/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Yeahloh95 said:

I am not sure but I think you have room for one more 02 censor and another 45 at the muffler

I think I do too!!  On it this weekend! 

On 4/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, Blackmage said:

sounds better than the open headers though

Oh God yes it does.  They were rough

On 4/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, Yeahloh95 said:

I cant wait to hear it in person

It should be at Carlisle this year!  As long as work doesn't get in the way. 

• Like 2

Don't you love how it's impossible to have both a symmetrical exhaust, and one that has ground clearance? The undercarriages of these cars are so damn frustrating. Nice work though, personally I think it sounds pretty damn good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

damnnn sounds so good steveoh! and I'm loving the wheels, liking them more and more each time i see them! can't wait to see it this year ❤️ 

• Like 1

I was perusing and saw an MM thread.  I forgot the shop that aligned it took the front sway bar off because it was rubbing the oil pan.  Should probably order that soon.  

My life has been consumed with business bullshit and spending 99% of profits on maintenance.  Poor car and my Jeep have been neglected.