Steve-Oh

Eons for eons....

This pic came out kindof crazy, thought it was pretty sweet! :plane: You'd think normal people would be asleep at 11:00pm on a Sunday instead of driving past my car while I'm trying to pretend being a photographer!!

9595375621_d62bf0387f_b.jpg

Oh and double din!

9598432158_36c36c3357_b.jpg

Edited by Steve-Oh

Ok that's enough, I'll post more from today when I'm sane and not up at 4:19 in the morning :party2::tony::turtleride::peace::bathbaby::trollface::thor::behindsofa::cheer2::bukkake::peep::adminown::bananen_smilies105:

i like the tow hook kinda thought about that on my car not sure how it would look. good looking car with good taste that sets it apart.

Thanks man! I can direct you towards the guy that makes them if you ever want to get one :thumbsup:

Great pics! nice clean setup in the interior

Thanks gallows! :drinktothat:

• Moderators

Those look great! I really want to know how to build my own projectors... I have an old set of headlights to experiment with too! Love the Euro flair with the tow hook... almost a shame there's not a spot in the rear for one as well.

Those look great! I really want to know how to build my own projectors... I have an old set of headlights to experiment with too! Love the Euro flair with the tow hook... almost a shame there's not a spot in the rear for one as well.

It's really easy. You bake the headlights in the oven to heat up the sealant, remove the lens from the housing, test fit the projector, align then mount, reseal and bake in oven. Obviously there's a few more details but that's the quick overview. Check out HIDPlanet forum.

• Moderators
It's really easy. You bake the headlights in the oven to heat up the sealant, remove the lens from the housing, test fit the projector, align then mount, reseal and bake in oven. Obviously there's a few more details but that's the quick overview. Check out HIDPlanet forum.

Experiment for the new garage I guess. The old headlights need to be polished anyway. Now to find projectors for cheap.

Love the push button start in the gauge dash pod. I'd be more tempted to mount that on the passenger side though if it were mine i think, but very clean all the same. Tempted to snag a couple of those interior styling cues.

• Moderators
Love the push button start in the gauge dash pod. I'd be more tempted to mount that on the passenger side though if it were mine i think, but very clean all the same. Tempted to snag a couple of those interior styling cues.

Didn't even notice that! Steve, where did you get the guage pod from? I assume you still need to put the key in the ignition?

Sorry, I've been away off and on for the last week so let me answer some of your questions.

You may have mentioned it previously in your thread, but what rear seat delete are you using? It looks great and I love the battery box.

I actually made that myself a long time ago lol. Just took a few measurements and made a contour template for the edges. I then traced out an SVT logo onto graph paper, scaled it up, plotted a few points and then free handed the logo onto the board and cut it out with a jig saw (kind of like connect the dots). What you thought was the battery is actually a small sub. I had it flush mounted to the base at one point in open air but it didn't hit that hard so I had to rig up a box somehow and that was the result. I was never really happy with how it turned out (looks like an afterthought) but since I'm finished with the motor I can now focus my attention on other things, I.E. redoing the delete completely and the battery box in the trunk.

Didn't even notice that! Steve, where did you get the guage pod from? I assume you still need to put the key in the ignition?

Thanks guys! The button is currently broken unfortunately, need to buy a new one. I broke the wiring pigtail when I was redoing the gauges before M.W. and that was the end of it. The reasoning for the location is because of this: I do still have to put the key in the "on" position for it to function. It's easier to turn the key on with my right and already have my left hand on the button to start it then to turn the key on and have to then move the same hand to the button to start. Sounds stupid but that was my thought process lol! The actual pod, I believe I ordered it from Autometer, it's been such a long time. You can get them off of most any aftermarket parts websites and the fitment will almost always be the same, like shit lol. Feel free to steal any styling cues you like lol, it doesn't bother me.

Smeh

I took a break from the car for the last two weeks. After this issues I had the other week I just got frustrated; put it on the lift and forgot about it. Just to clue you in here is what happened:

Took the car down the beach for labor day weekend. Car drove great most of the way down until I was about 30 minutes away. Car started to hesitate randomly at constant speed like it had a miss. Fast forward to when I got home: Keith and I were trying to finalize the tune so I was out driving it and it just was getting worse, checked the timing to find it way out of wack. Reset it and drove up the street, made a right and drove it about 100 feet. When I went to shift the car completely died. Got it home, pulled the dizzy and found this:

C5BB9233-F796-4DB6-94A3-A1E033CDCBD6-55940-00000CDA0DB2E7ED_zpseed12c17.jpg

EE972CC2-C822-452B-A34F-73C4FF01DCF7-55940-00000CDA07C427C4_zps38684898.jpg

B192F82E-E66E-4CFA-9DA5-F364FF575A5C-55940-00000CDA14951B9C_zps15945204.jpg

Gear was all chewed up and the roll pin was still straight. Don't really know what happened. Friend of mine is coming over to take a look at it today or tomorrow and we'll assess the damage.

Down the dizzy valley:

526AF46A-5242-466E-A441-9B8226E49CFF-55940-00000CDA2070086E_zps6be8bacb.jpg

2D243FB8-F7BF-4DD9-BE11-FDC9ABFBF5C7-55940-00000CDA2F8A3C11_zpse2f8e560.jpg

This pic came out kindof crazy, thought it was pretty sweet! :plane: You'd think normal people would be asleep at 11:00pm on a Sunday instead of driving past my car while I'm trying to pretend being a photographer!!

9595375621_d62bf0387f_b.jpg

Oh and double din!

9598432158_36c36c3357_b.jpg

i know this post is older but OMG dude!!!!! million dollar shot!!! sexy shit steve...sexy!

i know this post is older but OMG dude!!!!! million dollar shot!!! sexy shit steve...sexy!

Coming from you this is much appreciated!! Thank you very much [MENTION=106]tony[/MENTION]!

Sent from Space

hmm, weird that it chewed up the gear like that. have you drained the oil and looked for any shavings?

It's been up on the lift with the RR under it so I haven't been able to dive in yet. I'm hoping I find none of that!

@Steve-Oh did you use the right material dizzy gear for your cam gear?

I believe so, since FRPP doesn't offer a steel gear anymore out of their catalog, I called and tech told me "all efi dizzys from 'so and so' year with roller cam had steel gears" ... I then said "ok so i can buy any late model 351 dizzy and it'll be fine?" ... he then repeated the same sentence in a more stern voice which I then replied thank you and hung up, immediately followed buy a "thanks you fuck head" in a mocking voice. So I ordered a late model Ford 351 dizzy from the local dealership. Now with that being said, looking at the damage on the gear, if it was cast I don't think it would of had the same look to it, maybe more of a fractured look instead of a bent up worn look (hard to explain in words lol.)

[MENTION=67]95riosnake[/MENTION], I bought Pioneers mounting kit which includes the metal tray and plastic trim ring. I had to trim the bezel slightly to get the top of the radio to fit properly but I just bent the tabs on the metal tray to hold it snug to the bezel and just dabbed some epoxy on each tab to hold it in place. My wiring harness hangs out under the radio (since there really is no where for it to go) so that holds up the tail end of it. I'll end up making a fancy bracket of some sort so it's a little less primitive but I was trying to get it in before I left for Myrtle last July, so I used what I had for the time being.

Side note: I did see someone use a piece of 2x4 as a mount for it but I highly doubt that's the mounting solution you are looking for lol.

Dove into it tonight. Drained the oil to check for metal shavings and it was completely clean! Great news! I'm now feeling optimistic, this is awesome, probably an easy fix. My dad was with me to verify what I was seeing and wasn't missing anything. He then says "How does the cam look?" , I was pretty confident in saying that it looked fine minus that it appeared to have a few metal shavings on it. "I wanna see it, lower the car and let me take a look." I lower the car down to about 2 foot off the ground, crawl under and start turning the crank by hand. Turned it over a couple times with zero feedback from him. "Everything look good dad?!" .... There was a pause and all he said was "that's a shame." My heart sunk to my feet, which kindof defies gravity since I was sitting on the ground with my feet out. I lower it down, take a gander and find that the one side of the cam gears are broken off.

So whatcha gonna do?

Rebuild and conquer! I'll be on the phone with FRPP on Tuesday to sort things out. If it comes down to it I'll order a new camshaft. Then I'll inspect the pan to make sure there aren't gear pieces laying in the bottom, probably redo a few things while I have it apart, put it back together and fire it up! ... Just in time to load it on the trailer for MW2014!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, buy a new dizzy and finishing the exhaust is in there somewhere too.

- - - Updated - - -

3DFB9899-C26B-4300-870B-AAF4D78486CC-179-0000000B5A077E38_zps3b52ebe4.jpg

Rebuild and conquer! I'll be on the phone with FRPP on Tuesday to sort things out. If it comes down to it I'll order a new camshaft. Then I'll inspect the pan to make sure there aren't gear pieces laying in the bottom, probably redo a few things while I have it apart, put it back together and fire it up! ... Just in time to load it on the trailer for MW2014!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, buy a new dizzy and finishing the exhaust is in there somewhere too.

- - - Updated - - -

3DFB9899-C26B-4300-870B-AAF4D78486CC-179-0000000B5A077E38_zps3b52ebe4.jpg

Glad to hear it... I've heard to many times, guys just get mad and give up and sell...

Time for a custom cam

My thoughts exactly.

This morning I decided to re-measure the dizzy gear location to make sure I didn't screw up. Not going to lie, I was nervous because I was second guessing myself on whether I measured this or not (I was certain I measured it at least 30 times.). This is the spec:

E62CED8B-A269-4CC4-B953-AB5FFFF5CAEB-252-000000D2EECE05A5_zps7877d1e9.jpg

Mine came up dead on. I guess it still remains a mystery as to why this happened.

Definitely get in touch with Ed @ FTI. Make sure you tell him I sent you his way (It gets me a discount)...

Also, did you know that he lives about 6 miles from me? :win:

Just googled and this is what I came up with: http://www.flowtechinduction.com . I'm sure that's who you're talking about? I'll def throw your name out there!