fry

Matte black, too much?

Would it look weird to paint the hood prop, strut tower brace and antenna matte black or flat black?

Paints chipping away that's why I'm asking lol.

Not really a fan..

So you are a fan of the ugly prop rod instead? I have a Redline tuning set on my car, they look much better then OEM rod ever did.

As for the matte, you won't even be able to notice it, I painted my STB with metallic black and you can't even notice that

So you are a fan of the ugly prop rod instead? I have a Redline tuning set on my car, they look much better then OEM rod ever did.

As for the matte, you won't even be able to notice it, I painted my STB with metallic black and you can't even notice that

Yea I'm not sure how anyone can't be a fan of those... I have the same redline set and its easily in the top three of my fav mods

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

If your working on your car and your prop rod is in your way your an idiot.Thats the least common area for anyone to stand while working under the hood anyway. And if its a big job like pulling the motor you jist unbolt the hood anyway... I have owned 7 SN95s in the last 10 years and I never owned any goofy shocks. pshhh thats show car nonsence!

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

But to stay on topic, Liz I think black under the hood would look fine. Alot of older cars black out the engine bay reguardless of body color and it won't look out of place.If anything it looks cleaner!

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Instead of calling him an idiot, you can just say he's doing it wrong. No need for calling each other names.

Haha don't worry about it Morten, he's right, I don't really know what I'm doing when I work on cars :rolleyes:

Enjoy your prop rods everyone, lol.

Yea I'm not sure how anyone can't be a fan of those... I have the same redline set and its easily in the top three of my fav mods

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

anyone got a pic of these? i hate the fn bent looking shitty prop rod, lol. not cause it's harder to work on my motor cause well....lets face it, i dont work on my motor a lot..hahaha! i did get a new pi intake this week :) yup, tony's doin some performance moddin :) anyways...sorry liz! carry on Edited by tony

anyone got a pic of these?

Older pic of my car but you can see them on the sides of my motor, I went with the black ones so they would be pretty much invisible. Few times I have thought of painting them body color and talk myself out of it

P1020793.jpg

I have kept the rod just because I have beeen in a situation where it was too windy to keep the hook up with the shocks. Hard to worry about working around the prop rod when your trying to work on the car with one hand holding the hood up to keep it from smashing you. Also never had my prop rod in the way.

I don't trust shocks to work more than a year. That's why I haven't got any.

While this may be true for Ebay quality hood struts decent ones like redlines dont have this issue, my last car I had them on for 2 years and they were still fine when I sold it, these I put on in 2008 and still perfect

I don't trust shocks to work more than a year. That's why I haven't got any.
I bought my redlines in 2007 and I have never had one failure or issue with them, matter of fact they are just as strong now as they were back then.

To continue with the derail, I love my hood struts for my hood. I will never go without them. One of the first things I did when I bought this Cobra.

As for longevity, the Bullitt has had a pair since I got it back when. My uncle's 07 GT500 has had them since 07. Etc. They hold up.

Lol ill just stick with the good old rod. Its worked for 16 years.. why mess with success (:

You can't tell me I'm the only one who didn't get a little excited when you read this?!?!?! Head in the gutter hahahaha

PS this isn't leg humping, bc well that's rather pathetic lol.

Won't be a bad idea but not sure how noticeable the work will be, but if it pleases you just like the old prop rod than have at it.