itsblown93

what gears do you run?

Just curious. When @95opal says "those are some tall gears for that trans" I got a little nervous.
Your comparing the same trans with 2 different motors. You need to figure out your powerband before running it threw the calculator. If motor x tops out at 5k with motor B topping out at 7k you will have the same end result with your calculator but each motor will be at a different sweet spot in its intended powerband. May be ok for one but not the other. A stock 5.0 with 410s isn't gonna like the highway as much as a HCI 5.0 built to go 6500. Do you understand where Im coming from?

• Moderators
Your comparing the same trans with 2 different motors. You need to figure out your powerband before running it threw the calculator. If motor x tops out at 5k with motor B topping out at 7k you will have the same end result with your calculator but each motor will be at a different sweet spot in its intended powerband. May be ok for one but not the other. A stock 5.0 with 410s isn't gonna like the highway as much as a HCI 5.0 built to go 6500. Do you understand where Im coming from?

I do understand. I guess in a couple years when I finally get the motor built I will figure it out.

• Moderators
couple of years :banging:WTF!

Did you think I was kidding when I said I was building it out of spare money lol?! Next year will probably be paint, then I can worry about the motor... Unless I find some deals in the meantime.

3.73. I was one of the idiots that didn't want to "over gear" my car. When the car was still N/A, I should have been running 4.30's.<br /><br />I'm leaving my 3.73's in with the new build, and gonna see where it puts me in the 1/4.<br /><br />I ain't scared about highway fuel mileage.

I have 2.73s now, but have a set of 3.73 and 4.10...............Leaning towards the 4.10 even with a DD with the AODE automatic transmission. 

4.30 or bust with the auto!

I'm trying to step down from my 3.73's to a 3.27

With an auto

I have 3:27 :(. I want something steeper!

You two should get in contact with each other!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stock 3.27s for my automatic. I do a lot of highway driving so I'm thinking about 3.73s, unless something changes my mind

I used to drive almost every other weekend 3 hours (200 miles ish) one way in my GT with 4.10's.  never bothered me ;)

I got my 3.73 installed Friday! Feels awesome. I had 2.73 first then 3.08 3.73s are awesome

Same here. 3.73 installed last week. Perfect for me. Just right. Got some used 3.55 if anyone wants them.

I've got 4.10's in my '93 coupe.

Still the factory 3.27's in the Cobra for now.  But I've got an '03 IRS with 3.55's to go under it.

I'm thinking of sticking with the 3.55's in the Cobra since VIR is only a 30 minute drive from my house and the '93 is already serving straight line duty.

I've got a set of Ford Racing 3.73 gears waiting to go in next week. I've been told that it will wake the car up big time, especially with all the bolt on's I have. I wanted an great all around gear and though 4.10's would be overkill, especially if I plan to autocross it. Next up is the PI swap!!

i wish i would have went 4.30's with my 2v motor.  4.10's just wern't enough.

On 4/29/2017 at 7:54 AM, MustangTed96GT said:

I've got a set of Ford Racing 3.73 gears waiting to go in next week. I've been told that it will wake the car up big time, especially with all the bolt on's I have. I wanted an great all around gear and though 4.10's would be overkill, especially if I plan to autocross it. Next up is the PI swap!!

I'd like 3.73's for my GT but I don't think it's ever going to happen now that I have the Cobra. Not sure what I'll put in the Cobra. I'll have to drive it first to get a feel for it. As of right now I figure 3.73's for that as well.

On 5/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, RassCar said:

I'd like 3.73's for my GT but I don't think it's ever going to happen now that I have the Cobra. Not sure what I'll put in the Cobra. I'll have to drive it first to get a feel for it. As of right now I figure 3.73's for that as well.

I vote for 4.10's in the Cobra.  The two 4v cars I had loved the steep gear.  

On 5/19/2017 at 9:15 AM, Blackmage said:

i wish i would have went 4.30's with my 2v motor.  4.10's just wern't enough.

Because needs moar powa'