itsblown93

what gears do you run?

I was unaware machs came with any gears other then 3.55's.

I was just saying the machs come with 3.55s that's why they had the.62 5th ratio

Edited by F8L GT

The machs that came with 3.55s had a different 5th gear to make cruising rpms the same as a gt with 3.27s

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it was across the board. I had a 3650 in my Cobra and my buddy had a 3650 in his 03 GT. His cruise rpm was lower than mine with the same rear gears. The math added up to him having the .62 gear.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

• Moderators

Not sure why, but I'm starting to second guess my choice in gears. I bought 4.10s to pair up with my T-56 (the original T-56 from back when only the Viper, Vette, 00R had them). Is this too much gear? Keep in mind that I plan to have a 600+ hp/lb-ft 408w in front of it.

Not sure why, but I'm starting to second guess my choice in gears. I bought 4.10s to pair up with my T-56 (the original T-56 from back when only the Viper, Vette, 00R had them). Is this too much gear? Keep in mind that I plan to have a 600+ hp/lb-ft 408w in front of it.

that all depends on your new motors powerband

Just want to make sure 1st gear is somewhat usable! Based on calculators I've found online, I think I might be okay.

For that you just have to make sure your tires and suspension are up to it. I run 3.90s with drag radials and I'm about where you are power wise. First spins a little when the tires are cold. Second usually hooks. I have the 03 T-56 though.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

For that you just have to make sure your tires and suspension are up to it. I run 3.90s with drag radials and I'm about where you are power wise. First spins a little when the tires are cold. Second usually hooks. I have the 03 T-56 though.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

definitely account for the tires. not just the type, but specifically the size of the tires! RPM, rear gear and transmission gear ratios all play along with the overall height of the rear tires. Don't forget to bring them into the calculation!

• Moderators
definitely account for the tires. not just the type, but specifically the size of the tires! RPM, rear gear and transmission gear ratios all play along with the overall height of the rear tires. Don't forget to bring them into the calculation!

I used 315-335/35/18 as part of my calculations.

• Moderators
Most asked question. Totally fine. :)

I remember it winding out pretty quickly in my 66 with 3.25 gears... but I was not the most experienced driver in the world.

430s are nothing at 80mph for a mod motor. [MENTION=262]NVRL8TE[/MENTION] actually got better gas mileage then I did all the way to myrtle beach. First gear is definitely not short at all for my car, being NA. I suspect itll be too much with the blower though

430s are nothing at 80mph for a mod motor. [MENTION=262]NVRL8TE[/MENTION] actually got better gas mileage then I did all the way to myrtle beach. First gear is definitely not short at all for my car, being NA. I suspect itll be too much with the blower though

Its a completed polar opposite though if you out 3,08s in with a t56, you can run first out to 55!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk