96ponyboy

X pipe installed!!

I gotta figure out softball schedule to... Might sound dumb to some of y'all, but I got sponsors dropping big bucks this year, so I gotta make sure we're out there. lol... Tim, I'm definitely in for the video. Wanna know what mine will sound like with an X and my flows! lol

Looking at the one picture you have of the new exhaust it seems that the pipes should tuck in tighter and closer to the transmission, that would let you raise it up more in the front. Not sure how much you could raise it in the rear, you have to watch your driveshaft clearance at full suspension droop.

Where did the exhaust contact the speedbump at?

matt

Only way I can think of to get it to hang higher would be to disconnect/loosen the bolts enough to wiggle it at the catback and exhaust manifold and try to jack it up a bit then re-tighten the bolts to the manifolds and catback.

Was it leaking at all? Seems like it would have to have fitment issues if it was hanging THAT low haha.

What material is it, stainless?

It should definately fit up tighter to the trans and the body. You can try like greg suggested and loosen all of the fittings(do not completely remove) and use a floor jack to lift it up then tighten everything up and see if that will hold it up tighter, other wise you will have to do some fabricating to make everything fit up tighter

matt

I don't blame you for not wanting to hack up a new exhaust system. My X-pipe on the Nova is a custom G-fab unit (a.k.a. I made it myself). I only have a MIG welder so I can not weld stainless. I will try to help you this weekend if you can't get it figured out

matt