smallblocksn95

SN95 351w swap

I've intentionally not done anything to the 302 for almost 3 years because I knew I wanted to 351 swap it. The car isn't my Dailey anymore so it sitting isn't a huge deal. I understand what you guys are saying, honestly I do, but I want it in this year

a local guy is trying to talk me into these

I HAVE A SET OF TRICK FLOW R SERIES HEADS THEY HAVE BEEN PORTED INT. PORT VOL. 220CC,1.900INST HT 200LBS K-MOTION SPRINGS FOR ROLLER MOTOR,65CC CHAMBERS,2.05 INTAKE VALVE DIA.,1.600 EX. VALVE 11/32 STEMS,PC SEALS,ALSO THEY ARE O-RINGED.

said hed sell them for 1550

I HAVE A SET OF TRICK FLOW R SERIES HEADS THEY HAVE BEEN PORTED INT. PORT VOL. 220CC,1.900INST HT 200LBS K-MOTION SPRINGS FOR ROLLER MOTOR,65CC CHAMBERS,2.05 INTAKE VALVE DIA.,1.600 EX. VALVE 11/32 STEMS,PC SEALS,ALSO THEY ARE O-RINGED.

Tell him that you want them inspected by a local machine shop on his dime, or you aren't interested.

I personally won't ever buy used heads again.

Pardon my ignorance but what oringed? That's in the head gasket correct? It gets machined in the heads and on the block then your head gaskets would have an oring formed into them?

Pardon my ignorance but what oringed? That's in the head gasket correct? It gets machined in the heads and on the block then your head gaskets would have an oring formed into them?

A ring is cut into the face of the head (or block) and a wire is inserted into the groove. From my understanding, it helps keep the gasket from being "blown out" under extreme stress. A regualr street car doesnt require it to be done, and if you have heads that are o-ringed, you CAN run a normal gasket.

Just be really careful, find out who did the porting, call that place and talk to anyone else you can who has used them. I've bought used heads before with good results but they were unmodified and obviously low mileage. But yes agree on buying local if you can and telling the seller he needs a clean bill of health on the heads before you are going to give him money.

As far as them being wrapped from the machine shop, that does not exactly mean anything. I once had a set of heads done by a guy who was supposed to be great and... yeah I will kick that dude square in the testicles if I ever meet him IRL. He still owes me a $1k refund for shit heads.

Edited by scottydsntknow

Just be really careful, find out who did the porting, call that place and talk to anyone else you can who has used them. I've bought used heads before with good results but they were unmodified and obviously low mileage. But yes agree on buying local if you can and telling the seller he needs a clean bill of health on the heads before you are going to give him money.

As far as them being wrapped from the machine shop, that does not exactly mean anything. I once had a set of heads done by a guy who was supposed to be great and... yeah I will kick that dude square in the testicles if I ever meet him IRL. He still owes me a $1k refund for shit heads.

I do hope you arent referring to an ebay purchase of some RHS heads...

:shifty:

i think I've just decided to go with these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-51416510-c02/overview/make/ford

still trying to figure out what my cr will be with these. Supposedly the factory E7s range from 62cc to 64cc. Factory compression for my particular 351w was 8.8 (supposedly), and after my block being decked i should be at 8.9cr (assuming the factory heads are installed).

I wonder.... I had always heard that RHS was pretty good. I really like my Trick Flows, I had wanted TFS heads for along time anyway. The port work on these were beautiful, almost a shame to have to bolt them onto the engine.

Yesterday was a good day...LMAF came in, and got my distributor, oil pump, and balancer. I also ordered a pushrod length tool from summit and my hood from HO fibertrends

Edited by smallblocksn95

Yesterday was a good day...LMAF came in, and got my distributor, oil pump, and balancer. I also ordered a pushrod length tool from summit and my hood from HO fibertrends

Damn. If I knew you were looking I would have let you borrow mine. I have a length checker and a lifter already converted to be solid for valve train measurement

obviously its not a no holds barred build, BUT......the set ups ive seen around that are similar to mine put down around 325hp 360tq to 380hp to 425tq. if mine makes say 325hp and 350tq at the wheels ill be happy. Its a street car for one and the windsor (IMO) is just a better foundation to start with.

I'd honestly be pissed if I build a 351w based combo and all I got was 325whp especially with TFSR heads. You can hit near those numbers you posted with a HCI 302. I am with the other posters when I say, do it once, do it all at once and do it right. I had a low mileage Cobra sit out for over a year as I tried to do it piecemeal and I really do feel I did a disservice to that car. I was seriously amazed at how much sitting outside fucks up a car vs driving it even if its not a daily. If you aren't going to stroke out this thing to a 408 and throw a good HCI at it I would say don't bother. A mild 408 street stroker is an easy 500 to the wheels on pump gas.

I'm not going with TFSR's, I'm using TFS 205's and a small cam. If I do it all now I won't get to enjoy it this year, AND I won't get to enjoy making improvements each year. If I can't do that I don't see a point to even own the car. Everyone has their own views and opinions. Obviously I'm leaving alot on the table with a lightning intake, small cam, and low compression. Who knows maybe next year I change to a better intake, or maybe even drop a turbo on it, or swap to a 6 speed. That's just how I want to do it

Edited by smallblocksn95

• Moderators
Quality is great, and it seams to fit pretty good. I ordered mine the Friday before Memorial Day and got it yesterday.

Wish they made a '00 R style hood for the 94-98 body style. Their prices look really good!

Quality is great, and it seams to fit pretty good. I ordered mine the Friday before Memorial Day and got it yesterday.

Holy shit lol... 4 weeks for shipping?! Looks like ill be hoodless for mustang week.

Sent from Space

I'm not going with TFSR's, I'm using TFS 205's and a small cam. If I do it all now I won't get to enjoy it this year, AND I won't get to enjoy making improvements each year. If I can't do that I don't see a point to even own the car. Everyone has their own views and opinions. Obviously I'm leaving alot on the table with a lightning intake, small cam, and low compression. Who knows maybe next year I change to a better intake, or maybe even drop a turbo on it, or swap to a 6 speed. That's just how I want to do it

Yeah, throw boost at it, with the 205 heads you won't need custom headers like I did with my tfsr225s. I want to build a turbo kit for my car but I need to buy custom flanges then make my own log manifolds because even if I cut the flanges off let's say a hellion kit I have sitting in my room, I would still need to adapt the piping from the 1.875 primary tubes to the 1 5/8 hellion manifolds without making it look hacked up. You saved yourself some money by only getting 205s