Venom351R

Playstation 4

Who's getting one? Who's not sure? Tune in here for any up to date PS4 info. Currently what we know so far.

https://secure.webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/feb21/pdf/playstation4_specification.pdf

Price and other spec's and the release date ( sometime this fall / winter ) will most likely be released this June during the E3 conference.

I'll probably end up getting one, but not when it comes out. I'll wait for them to drop the price a bit after the frenzy dies down. It makes me sick sometimes knowing how much I paid for my 360 and PS3 like 6 years ago, since they're like dirt cheap now.

It's pretty ridiculous how much gaming stuff we have in our house. Currently the console inventory is: XBox360, PS3, Wii, PS2 (for a few old school games...we didn't spring the extra cash for backwards compatibility on the PS3), and a Dell XPS gaming PC. In the closet there's a PS1, Game Cube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, and an O.G. original Nintendo...lol.

Funny thing is...my wife is the gamer in the house, I pretty much only play racing games.

Riot- Now would be a great time to "jump In" (thought an Xbox slogan would fit in well there lol )

Rio- Its like that with anything new, if you want to own it first you are going to pay the highest price, gaming consoles, HDTV technology, Cars, exc exc.. I dont blame you for wanting to wait though but I dont for see the price of the PS4 being anywhere near what the PS3 was at launch.

This game has not been confirmed as PS4 game but I have not seen graphics this good on the PS3. It also has no set release date which would indicate that it would be a late this yr or early next yr PS4 release. It was said to be running off a PC but at the current console specs but once again did not specify PS3 or PS4 specs. You be the judge. Be sure to watch in 1080P

http://youtu.be/L5IVOs5Pxh8

hopefully ill finish GoW: ascension by then lol. been stuck near the end of the game since the 3rd day it was out

Trial of Archimedes? I'm stuck their too. I'm giving it another shot today after taking a break from and reading up on how others have made it through it. It was tweeted by pappy ( game developer ) that it was not meant to be quite as hard as it came out to be and there is a patch coming out for it. They said "soon" for the patch but thats as far back as the 15th of this month when that was reported.

The engine stats are out but GB drive space is yet to be released.

Smallblock- the GOW patch is out. I just beat the game. The patch gives you a health boost at the end of each section of the trials. The third one is the easy one and the hardest part is the first section and the start of the second until you get rid of the amazon avatar looking blue things. If you need some more tips let me know. Make sure to use the amulet and stone as well.

yeah its 1.03. Where are you stuck? I imagine you have a hard time getting past section 1. Have you been to section two or three yet? Even after the patch it still took me a few tries to get through it. I'll give you a step by step for each section. Im not sure what you have maxed out or not but I'll tell you what you should have maxed out and the way I did it to get past it.

You should have the blades of chaos maxed out, Blades of hades and blades of zues. You should max out the amulet and the stone if you can only do one do the amulet. If you need to you can go back in the game w/ the chapter select and redo parts of the game to max up the more important items.

Stage 1: Use the blades of Hades ( pretty much all I used once I got them and maxed them) It starts w/ the two Medusa's. These ones are easy to deal with but also lay the ground work for the rest of this stage since it is important not to take much damage from them. Get both of them close (they tend to hang around each other anyway) and use the R2+O (while on the zeus blades I only use the for this) to use the lighting magic. This will separate them momentarily. Then use the Amulet to slow down one of them and go attack the other w/ the hades blades. Give as much damage to that one while the other is is slomo mode. Use the blades of zeus magic attack twice on these two (everytime you kill a medusa or a siren you get enough magic back for an additional attack) After you have used the magic attack twice use the amulet and stone as much as you can until they are dead. If possible try and kill them at the same time or as close to it as possible Use the block as much as possible for tail whips and siren lightning balls. They are then replaced with two more and after one or both of these are dead that is when the sirens come in. This is the hard part b/c you can take a lot of damage here but you have to stay on the move. Staying still and fighting will result in the lighting attacks from above hitting you which cause a lot of damage or you get stone frozen then tail whipped. Use the stone and the Amulet as much as you can here to cut down on the number of enemy's attacking you all at once, Also use the zeus lightning magic attack on the sires (or as many of them in the radius as possible). Keep in mind you want enough lighting attack magic left to start round 2 to enable you to have 3 attacks so use it knowing that and knowing that killing each enemy gives you enough for an additional attack (brutal kills only when they have the red indicator above them, always brutal kill them) Also try and position yourself near the edge of the ring when doing the lighting attack b/c it has the ability to knock the sirens out of the ring, thats one less you have to kill on your own. They will replenish once so you have a total of 4 overall and 4 medusa's. This concludes section one, hopefully you are still alive with some energy left :) although you will get a nice boost now w/ the patch once the second stage starts.....along with more fun....... :)

Stage 2: The only hard part about stage 2 is the blue amazon avatar looking things. When you start the match use the zeus lighting attack ( R2+O ) as many times as it will allow back to back. The spear attacks of these things are the most damaging thing of the trials. Be sure to block block block if you have to. After you have exhausted your magic use your amulet to slow them down and attack them and the stone. Make sure to brutal kill them b/c it gives you health orbs as well. These do not replenish once you have beaten them you are through the hardest parts of the trials. You will have to deal with a few of the flying things, just use R1 to hook them with the blades and throw them against the wall / floor. After a few of these fire will start to come out of the mouths of the statues to the right. It goes in a pattern from the top of the screen down to the bottom and repeats this all while you are having to fight one of those huge knights w/ the ginormaus hammer. It sounds hard but it is not it is quite easy. Just use the amulet on him and when he is in the phase when you cannot hurt him just keep your distance and avoid the fire. He dies quite quickly.

Stage 3: Starts out with the half man half horse character. Its an easy kill just stay away from the sides of the room ( Left/Right) where the spikes are. Just let loose on him w/ the blades and block any attacks he does. One he dies you will have to deal with 2 of the creatures that bury themselves in the ground and pop up and throw blades at you. At first its only 2 but when one dies another one comes in so there is a total of 3. Block their blade attack and when they bury themselves in the ground use R1 to pull them out and then beat the hell out of them. You can use any magic you have acquired sine then as well. Once you have defeated all 3 you are now done and have finished the trials of Archimedes :D

The load out I used: Maxed out blades of chaos and maxed out blades of hades/Zeus. Maxed out amulet but did not have enough to max out the stone but still used it. The hardest part is stage 1. Once it becomes 4 VS 1 the ring gets quite small as far as available room just keep moving and avoiding attacks and use the amulet to cut down on the number of those attacking you while attacking the others not effected by the amulet (if you attack the one under the spell of the amulet the others that are not will attack you) Just remember once you get through stage 1 and kill the avatar things early in stage 2 your home free, the worse is over. I made it to the final 3 blade guys on stage 3 before the patch but was never able to make it back to that point again w/ out dying. Keep trying its great satisfaction once you get through it and the end of the game is close and nothing from there to the end of the game is as hard as what the trials where so the rest is cake.

As far as more on the forefront of the PS4 the big change we do know of so far is the controller which I'll link below and some game play footage from a few games which will most likely be available at the launch

New PS4 Controller.

https://us.playstation.com/ps4/

So far announced PS4 games:

Killzone Shadow fall ( 1080P )

Infamous Second Son ( 720P )

Destiny ( 720P )

Watch Dogs ( 720P ) This one looks quite interesting.

Assassins Creed Black Flag ( 720P ) Now this one is quite interesting b/c of the end where it has the PS3/PS4 logo at the bottom with a release date of the game being 10/29. Wonder if this means the PS4 will be avaible in mid/early Oct? Perhaps a leak??

Drive Club ( 720P )

Deep Down ( 1080P )

Edited by Venom351R

I was looking at some of the specs of the console when they first announced it, and I couldn't beleive the speeds they were talking or the processing power of it. I don't most of that will make it to production, but it should be a pretty stout machine when it does come out. I won't get one till they do their first price drop and like Rio said, when everyone quits shitting their pants over a new console lol

If I dont get one at launch time I'll get one soon after. We all know the crazy frenzy console launch shortage will happen all over again. I would not mind buying a second one just to throw up on Ebay. I'm still considering doing that with one if I can get it at launch anyway.

So far IMO Watch Dogs is looking really interesting. Hard to dig up more info on it since not much is out yet.

http://youtu.be/jENqserxm5o

Edited by Venom351R

I'm about 98% sure that the footage being released for Watch Dogs is for the PS3. The more I watch it the more I am convinced of it. I dont think we have seen any game play from the PS4 with this game as of yet.

No price announcements have been made yet. The general consensus is that it will be around $400. Its very unlikely that we will see a $600 type price tag again. Sony learned two important lessons from the PS3 launch. 1. Dont be late to the party and let the Xbox launch first and 2 dont price your console that much higher over the competition ( being the X box ). From what I have been reading there will be 2 launch models most likely one with a larger HDD then the other at a higher price. This years E3 is going to be June 11-13 and usually the big 3 ( Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo ) make big announcements the day just before E3 starts so they can spend the 3 days showcasing and talking about the systems. Expect a release date and price tag on June 10th or 11th at the latest.

Smallblock- Glad to see you got through GOW:A. I as well had about 10.5 Hrs into it. I'm going through it again just to get some more trophy's that I had missed.

Opal- Black flag does look really good. I think I'll probably end up getting Grid 2 and The Last of Us and that will prob be good for me until the PS4.

Brian- I'm trying to get back into more games that I used to play like Watch Dogs. Not that there have been games like it but I mean in terms of different types of games and not playing FPS's as much. I'm just always disappointed in them so I dont know why I bother. Maybe they will be improved on the PS4 but I want to expand my game types beyond what I have been playing until I got GOW. I think Grid 2 and The Last of Us will be a good send off for the PS3.

Edited by Venom351R

Brian- I'm trying to get back into more games that I used to play like Watch Dogs. Not that there have been games like it but I mean in terms of different types of games and not playing FPS's as much. I'm just always disappointed in them so I dont know why I bother. Maybe they will be improved on the PS4 but I want to expand my game types beyond what I have been playing until I got GOW. I think Grid 2 and The Last of Us will be a good send off for the PS3.

Yeah, I have a habit of just playing online FPS games. I really need to get back into the campaigns or just get games that aren't online.

http://www.xtremeps3.com/2013/03/29/japanese-interview-with-mark-cerny-reveals-new-ps4-information/

New PS4 Information:

• Backwards compatibility has been dropped to make sure developers move to a more “versatile” platform. It’s also difficult to emulate the behaviour of the CELL Broadband Engine that powers the PS3 through software, but Sony hasn’t completely ruled out the functionality.
  • The console will be able to support 4K, but will focus on 1080p gaming. The OS UI can be rendered in 4K, while rendering games in 1080p. Having the OS UI output in 4K would take 10 GB/s, so ever more resources will be needed to output games in 4K resolution.
  • The PS4 won’t support playback of Audio CDs, but will be able to read CD disks. This could mean the console may be capable of running PSOne games, though this is currently speculation.
  • A custom CPU will monitor all I/O, processes and downloads on the system, even when the power is off. The main reason for a secondary low-power chip was to comply with EU regulations on power consumption.
  • When downloading a game, the initial download will be small, allowing you to play the game sooner, while the rest of the game downloads in the background.
  • As with the PS3, the Blu-ray drive and Hard Drive will be used together to cut down load times.
  • The PS4 will have hardware-based audio and video compression / decompression reducing overheads. It means that Remote Play can be supported on most PS4 titles with ”almost no overhead, without pain whatsoever.” Only games that require the PS4 specific features, the PlayStation Move or the new PlayStation Camera cannot be played via Remote Play.
  • Not all of the features mentioned by Sony will be available on the PS4 from Day One. Like the PS3, new features will be added overtime via Firmware Updates.
  • The OS is BSD-based, so they can make full use of multi-tasking.

Sony has been quiet since the conference in Feb but the official announcement of the Xbox one has prompted a little more teasing about what the console looks like. Only 2 weeks until E3...........

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/20/a-day-before-microsoft_2700_s-party-sony-teases-ps4-design.aspx

E3 has been awesome this yr. Sony came out and kicked Xbox square in the nuts. I just finally got to watch all of the PS4 conference last night b/c I could not stay up long enough to watch all of it on monday. Going to try and get a preorder at gamestop or Bestbuy today. I hope all the preorders are not already spoken for I do know the PS3 preorders were very few. I'll try those two and if I dont have any luck ( two of each in my area ) then I'll preorder off Amazon even though I may not get it launch day it will prob still be sooner then having to hunt one down in a store after launch.

That video is awesome lol. I bet M$ is just shaking their head w/ the mess they have now created. I think they got to arrorgant and thought they could do whatever they want and the gamers would just bow down and say oh yes oh great M$ we will do whatever you say... well turns out thats not true and I feel as though they are going to pay a heavy price this time around. The extra $100 for the system plus all of these restrictions and more cost overall in this economy may spell death for M$ in the gaming industry.

Edited by Venom351R

Look at what I did at 10:00 this morn :)

null_zpsb9bf36bb.jpg

I was the last reserve spot available. Gamestops in this area are only taking 20 pre orders.

Nice! So 500 is the price of a ps4?

Oooooo how tempting....

DO ITTT we can be PSN buddy's for lyfe :)

Bullitt I wonder how true and accurate that is?

Edited by Venom351R