1997cobra

Dirty Don's 1997 Cobra AKA Trollbra

Woohoo! I'm NOT useless! Haha

Sent from my secretary!!!

I would go as far as saying that you are useful ;)

Picked up the rear end today, got my measurement, and the garage is "clean." So, I will be pulling the old lathe off the bench, putting the new one up, and turning some pieces up to get this show on the road.

as soon as I finish my homework FMLLL

Edited by 1997cobra

SOOOOOOO it'll be ready to come out tomorrow =]

hahah Saturday at the earliest. That would be without a working speedo, unpainted crossmember, stock suspension, and stock brakes

so nah, it wont be ready lmaooo But I am seriously going for 2 weeks from now. I feel that that gives me a reasonable amount of time, but we will see. Plans always seem to get pushed back via school and work.

wow, I am falling behind on this thread! Ill get it updated when I'm driving my car. All I have left is the exhaust, and the passenger side front suspension. Everything else is good to go!

On that note, hood choices are killing me. I've always wanted a hood like this:

4731778944_057fb1e40e_b.jpg

But, I kind of dont for 2 reasons. 1: My car is going to look obnoxiously similar to det_riot's and 2: I'm starting to fall in love with the griggs hood

post-341-13881838056579_thumb.jpg

post-341-13881838057892_thumb.jpg

So, I need opinions. My car will have svo skirts and a saleen spoiler

I really need to bring this thread up to date, but I'm feeling lazy. Got my drive line angles back to normal, and I've driven it for about 400ish miles :) Not 100% sure if my imrcs are opening anymore, because I can't feel them anymore. Anyways, did a little project today. Here are some pics of my phone mount. I use my phone for music, and navigation all the time, so I wanted something that wasn't a mile from my hand when I'm driving. Here's some pics.

From where I sit:

post-341-13881838129303_thumb.jpg

From the passengers view:

post-341-13881838130458_thumb.jpg

And some detail shots

post-341-13881838132456_thumb.jpg

post-341-13881838134593_thumb.jpg

Ignore the cheapy gauges, they are basically there to fill the holes.

Maybe I'll update this thing today.

Had to pull the tail shaft housing off the magnum yesterday, because it was leaking. Wasn't very happy about that, and to top it off, I couldn't get a hold of American Power train all week (not surprised). So, basically I have no warranty anymore.

Oh well. I also bought a new set of wheels to replace the, as Bryan and I call them, Fagspeeds. Mainly because they would not clear my brembos.

AAAAANNNNNDDD THE NEW WHEELS WILL NOT CLEAR THEM EITHER FML. So, I took a grinder to the brembos, they clear now.

My rear tire also came in contact with the inner wheel well liner and destroyed it, so new rear tires as of yesterday. I also need a set of wheel spacers to make my rear tire not do that again.

Ill be editing this with pics later, on to designing a hinge for Bryan :)

Oh yeah, what is the best wheel spacer? the style that bolts on, or the style that the stud goes through?

What did you do about the reverse lockout on the t56? As for the hood, I would avoid a pin-on. You'll lose all the ease and functionality of a bolt-on hood making basic under hood maintenance a pita while having a greater chance of scratching your paint.

What did you do about the reverse lockout on the t56?

This is what I will be using. I have it, ready to put in, just haven't done it yet. I'm waiting on a speedcal so that they both get wired in at the same time. I'm dragging my ass on the seedcal though.

As for the hood, I would avoid a pin-on. You'll lose all the ease and functionality of a bolt-on hood making basic under hood maintenance a pita while having a greater chance of scratching your paint.

That's what I'm afraid of. Considering the amount of time the hood is up on my car, a pin on hood would get scratched in no time.

just ordered a bunch of stuff tonight. I got material to make wheel spacers, material for my new crossmember, extended wheel studs, and a speed cal. I need to get some gt brackets asap because im not dismantling this axle twice. Guess it will be down for another week, but I gotta get this thing right.

just ordered a bunch of stuff tonight. I got material to make wheel spacers, material for my new crossmember, extended wheel studs, and a speed cal. I need to get some gt brackets asap because im not dismantling this axle twice. Guess it will be down for another week, but I gotta get this thing right.

Guess I need to start assembling my rear.end kit eh?

Nah, I can get gt parts easy, I'll still save you the cobra stuff:cool:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Whoot. You're my hero <3

Did you decide on a hood yet? I really like the Griggs above but not sure whether I could live with a lift off hood.

Edited by Gallows

They mounted my tires..one leaked (the fronts that were used, but had like 70% thread) and ruined it. They were pretty much like "oh well, are you going to buy new ones?" Their workmanship was total trash. left the foam backing from the old weights, didnt check for leaks, and treated me like shit. This thing is seriously getting to the point that it isnt fun anymore..problem after problem, which would be fine if it was stuff breaking. But, it isn't, its all do to other people doing garbage ass hack work

Edited by 1997cobra

=[ things like that are the reason why I can't fucking trust leaving my car with other people to do work. such horseshit. did you try calling the manager of the store or the regional manager?

i did, its useless anytime after 4.. so i guess tomorrow ill call again

im pretty sure that i was talking to the manager when i went in there, he was useless

Edited by 1997cobra