Psychorugby

Heavy Horse Garage (and House)

• Moderators
lol you're doing it wrong man lol

Nah, I got sick of the builder tic-tacking me. Just to do a glass mosaic around the top of the tub was $500, another $1,000 for the shower. I did this in my old house (can't find any completed pictures) for less than $2,500 including cabinets, granite, and travertine:

post-229-13881839051378_thumb.jpg

post-229-13881839052565_thumb.jpg

post-229-13881839060135_thumb.jpg

I plan to eventually take care of the counter tops in all bathrooms, but especially redo the master bath. For the time being, we'll just be putting in wood floors downstairs.

• Moderators
Looks GREAT! I love houses. :D

Thanks! Me too. Now that there is an end in sight, I'm really looking forward to getting the cars in the garage and y'all's input on organizing the space.

You can kinda see what I was/am working with as far as organization and tool boxes:

Craftsman three-tier tool box (upper two tiers are basically empty and the whole thing could use help), 33 gallon air compressor, and obligatory neon sign my parents got me last Christmas:

19b8856.jpg

Craftsman 6 foot work bench with 4 drawer unit, 24" LEDTV hooked up to laptop (and soon to be DirecTV), spare parts containers, spare cabinets (I'll probably get new ones at the new house), also note the Cobra brake parts, Firehouse iced tea (with Vodka) and beer growler.

19b8856.jpg

Don't have much else other than a ton of spray cans, quarts of oil, etc and car parts.

• Moderators
Oh, forgot to mention... those clear bowl sinks are SO AWESOME! My relatives have one and I swear it's the coolest part of the house. When I use it, mind = blown!

We're going to do those again in the new house in the downstairs and master bathrooms. I found them on Amazon with the drain kit for $99 each!

this is what I might do if it was my garage. I possibly might even turn the entire extra garage into a "workshop". Pull stuff off a car or w/e and bring it in there to work on it, and maybe build a work bench across the whole right hand wall, with storage space underneath. Keep the front area clear to pull snowblower/atv/lawnmower in for storage also. just random ideas!

post-275-1388183907192_thumb.jpg

• Moderators
this is what I might do if it was my garage. I possibly might even turn the entire extra garage into a "workshop". Pull stuff off a car or w/e and bring it in there to work on it, and maybe build a work bench across the whole right hand wall, with storage space underneath. Keep the front area clear to pull snowblower/atv/lawnmower in for storage also. just random ideas!

Not too dissimilar from what I am thinking...

Toolbox and work bench I plan to put right where you have them (although a wider toolbox would fill the area better). Then I can install upper cabinets above the work bench and toolbox as well as the TV. Continuing around the side of the small garage, I was thinking more lower cabinets and uppers to where they meet with the electric panel about halfway down the wall. That should give me a ton of storage. I also have a small attic above this garage to store larger car parts. Closer to the garage door, I'm thinking of getting spray bottle/quart/gallon holders for car care and maintenance. I might make a square rolling workbench to put in the middle of the garage for bigger projects.

That leaves the deep middle section completely available for a lift pushed as close to the outside wall as possible so we can still access the water heater. I like the idea of piping the air compressor to various parts of the garage.

• Moderators

Stone started going on the front of the house Saturday while I was doing the brakes on my X5 (what a pain in the ass):

19b8856.jpg

And the island was "repaired." This is horrendous and I won't be accepting it.

19b8856.jpg

The counter is cracking in another spot as well:

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
The front is awesome the counter top not so much.

The other column is supposed to have stone too. I was fed some line of BS by the super that it was easier for the stucco guys to not prep that surface like they did the garage... but why paint it??? Retards.

You can spot the "repair" from across the room. Our sales guy is livid. I hope we will get to pick out all new slabs (and then I can buy the old pieces on deep discount for laundry room and pantry).

• Moderators

Landscaped! Shame is that I pretty much hate all of it... especially the Live Oak trees (the leaves are ridiculous and kill the grass). Still no stone on the other column. Final inspection is going to be a total bitch. Who wants to come help me?

19b8856.jpg

Some asshat left the window open in the back bedroom. Guess what it does every day in Florida during the summer?

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
whys all the water standing out front of your house? Are the drains covered because of the construction, or will it always be like that :-/

Drains are covered. I'd walk away otherwise. With some of the problems we're going through now, I'm tempted to walk anyway.

• Moderators
Ouch, but she is such a gorgeous house though :(

Yes, she is. She'll be even more beautiful when I rip that stupid oak tree out and do some better landscaping. I'm just getting very frustrated with our superintendent who I thought was awesome. Turns out he's been feeding me BS the entire time, because nothing he said he would do has gotten done.

Yes, she is. She'll be even more beautiful when I rip that stupid oak tree out and do some better landscaping. I'm just getting very frustrated with our superintendent who I thought was awesome. Turns out he's been feeding me BS the entire time, because nothing he said he would do has gotten done.

I like the tree lol, move it to the backyard. Yeah I say it's time to put a foot in his ass.

• Moderators
I like the tree lol, move it to the backyard. Yeah I say it's time to put a foot in his ass.

There are already 4 other trees in the back yard lol. Live Oaks are a giant pain in the ass. They have tiny ass little leaves that are impossible to rake up and they end up killing the grass. They also have super shallow root systems and tend to tear up sidewalks and driveways (notice how close they put it to both)... and if a good windstorm comes a long, they fall over really easily because the shallow roots are only in sand.

I've given up on the super. I text/call all the time and get smoke blown up my ass. I plan to just wait for the final inspection now and have 1000 things for him to fix. Sadly, my dad can't make it down to help me inspect and my friend is starting a new job so he can't help.

• Moderators
Ahh yeah then if that is the case poor tree has to go but make sure it get put up somewhere someone can enjoy it. Really sucks man hope it turns around so you can start getting back to enjoying everything.

Well we're having fun picking out floors. At least I am since we've narrowed it down to some things we would have never thought we'd pick out:

The favorite so far (problem is it's a semi-gloss finish we wanted some texture):

post-229-13881839253331_thumb.jpg

Same grain, different stain:

post-229-13881839255702_thumb.jpg

Different grain, hand scraped finish instead of semi-gloss:

post-229-13881839256773_thumb.jpg

post-229-13881839253992_thumb.jpg

post-229-13881839256276_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I think option 1 is going to be the best... just not keen on the smooth semi-gloss finish. Getting something cool that doesn't clash with the granite has been near impossible. Our first wood choice was amazing but up against the granite it looked like a shit show.

Ahh yeah then if that is the case poor tree has to go but make sure it get put up somewhere someone can enjoy it. Really sucks man hope it turns around so you can start getting back to enjoying everything.

I'll find somewhere to plant it once I get a magnolia or something to replace it. I want to put in some Norfolk Island Pines somewhere too.

Edited by Psychorugby

• Moderators

Exterior is pretty much complete (the garage, shutters, and front door still need to be painted):

19b8856.jpg

They also painted the garage floor, so you can see the area I am working with as far as organizing and decorating. A running horse has to go on the wall somewhere, but other than that, I don't know what other banners and signs to get.

19b8856.jpg

• Moderators
Badass. I'm super jealous. It better be this clean when I come to see it!!

It won't be. There's going to be a 66 GT with the motor out for cleaning and the fuel system out... and a 95 GT with the suspension and brakes out of it.

Looking good, I see you had the tree changed out. Place really looks amazing

Not to my knowledge. They're required by law to put the Live Oaks in so I doubt I can get it moved by the builder.

• Moderators
i think a running pony in the middle of one of the garage stalls, or across the whole garage floor would fit it nicely ;)

My wife said on the wall was fine as long as it wasn't in front of her parking space. I'll probably put it along the long wall where the hot water heater is when the time comes. I have to see where I'll need cabinets and storage.

Wish I knew an airbrush guy that could make the logo look like metal.

• Moderators
So badass Chris! Super jealous!

Gonna look even better if y'all come visit! I'll buy pizza and beer for anyone who shows up with useful parts and wants to work on my car(s) lol.

• Moderators

Getting closer... carpet is in the house and the doors are locked. Our construction supervisor was also moved to another job, so now I have to get the new guys up to speed on the remaining issues. Should be fun.

• Moderators
The house and garage are looking awesome!! The main entry to the house looks ballin :thumb:

Very jealous of all that garage space, ugh

Thanks, Dan!! You're free to come help me figure out what to do with all the space! I'm not the best organizer in the garage for some reason. I'll also have two Mustang(s) that could use your touch.

The final inspection is Friday, and closing is the following Wednesday. I'm not sure if we're going to make it though since they still have to redo the stone on the exterior; the stone on the column is lighter than the other since it was ordered at a different time:

null_zps8f2f9021.jpg