Psychorugby

Heavy Horse Garage (and House)

• Moderators

Inspection is tomorrow. I'm actually kinda nervous since the big things haven't even been touched, and there are a shot ton of small things. We're supposed to close Wednesday and I don't see it happening.

• Moderators
House looks super badass chriss! congrats! god i'd be so anxious to get moved in!!!

Oh we are! Final inspection did not go as well as the construction manager hoped. He said we should have never been there with as many things wrong as there were. Closing is being pushed back at least another two weeks so he can get it right for us.

very nice i went thru this 2 years ago and already need more garage space , congrats on an awesome looking place

I can't wait to get the cars in and start taking them apart so I can complain about how I don't have enough room lol.

• Moderators
Geez what kinda stuff was so wrong that you shouldn't have even been in the house?!

Nothing major. The construction manager used to be a superintendent and is super anal, which I appreciate greatly. There were a TON of drywall and paint issues, cabinets were missing outside corner mouldings, bathroom lights weren't level, etc., etc. This is all stuff I expected having been through the process a couple of times previously, but is evidently not the way this company or the manager likes to do things. He said the most things he has marked previously was 20; we had that many in one room. So I guess he is going to chew out the drywallers and painters this week. Then the last big issue is to get the stone matching on the front of the house, which again he was not happy about.

• Moderators

Assuming they can get the stone redone and the last few minor issues fixed this week, we close Friday. The next pictures you see will be of me moving stuff in and cars in the garage!

• Moderators

It's officially ours! It's been a SUPER long weekend, but we have the furniture and most of our crap in the house; just the small stuff, the storage unit, and cars left. Hopefully next weekend I can get to the cars after I move my brother-in-law.

post-229-13881839623229_thumb.jpg

It's officially ours! It's been a SUPER long weekend, but we have the furniture and most of our crap in the house; just the small stuff, the storage unit, and cars left. Hopefully next weekend I can get to the cars after I move my brother-in-law.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3507[/ATTACH]

Congrats! Can't wait to see the garage with the cars in it!

• Moderators
Congrats! Can't wait to see the garage with the cars in it!

Gotta get the rest of the house situated, then the cars can move in. Right now the garage is a staging area for all of our stuff lol.

• Moderators
congrats!!!!! did everything get sorted out then with all the shiznit that was wrong?

Thanks!!!

Everything on the interior got fixed for the most part. Because of all the rain we got last week, they couldn't redo the stone, fix the stucco, and touch up paint. I think they'll get to it this week. They're supposed to come back after we finish moving in and touch up any dings we put in the wall, which was surprisingly only three. Then they come back in one month and three months to fix anything else we find.

• Moderators
Blackmage said:
as long as everything meets up with what you want, glad to hear its getting taken care of! When's the lift gettin installed?

The construction manager has been awesome to work with. He actually met us at the house Friday after we closed to go over everything he had already fixed and what he still owed us. I have no doubt he will get stuff done and done well. I told him I'll have to hit him up for some cabinet related stuff when I start tearing out the floors and he offered to get me whatever I needed (even extra cabinets if he can find me some). I can't wait to see the look on the neighbor's faces when I'm jackhammering tile up in a brand new house.

Lift is down the priority list... I'm hoping to order early next year after we get the floors in and new furniture for the downstairs living room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3507[/ATTACH]

Congrats man. That's got to be an awesome feeling. The house just looks gorgeous. I think we will need a video walk through. ;)

• Moderators
Congrats man. That's got to be an awesome feeling. The house just looks gorgeous. I think we will need a video walk through. ;)

Whenever we get stuff situated, I will attempt to take a video walk through. There's not much to see right now - beige carpet, beige tile, beige bare walls... you get the picture.

• Moderators

New garage looks like my old house threw up in it... but that means I am one step closer to bringing the cars home.

Side note... garage door openers are a ginormous pain in the dick to install... especially when the header above the garage door is too short.

• Moderators

Almost done cleaning and ready for cars... have to finish assembling the shed to get the lawn stuff out; get some shelves hung to get the liquids, cleaners, etc out of the way; hang the spare parts bins; and find some cabinets for above the work bench (going to fit as many as possible in an L shape over work bench to the electric panel)... oh and find some cash for a lift.

Whole garage:

null_zpsdad7726f.jpg

Double deep garage (lift area):

null_zps62297423.jpg

Single car garage (eventual workshop):

null_zpsb3bc7e0e.jpg

• Moderators
Slowly but surely!

You should have seen it last weekend! The whole house was in there. Gonna get the compressor and some other stuff from the storage unit today, move the hurricane shutters, put up some shelving, and get some casters to move the 66 around with.

• Moderators

Garage is clean enough to at least get the 66 in it and move around on dollies. Problem is that I didn't know we had friends in town this weekend.

• Moderators
Holy hell looks great!! Time to order the lift :eagerness:

Not quite, but close! Here's what it looked like after a full morning of cleaning yesterday. I still have to get all of my old aquarium stuff out of the way, get some cabinets, hang up my spare parts bins, and some other small stuff. I think my wife is going to get the tow truck driver and bring the 66 home today while I write a stupid paper for class.

null_zpsd91efc61.jpg

null_zps2b358e8f.jpg

null_zps1fcf9c74.jpg

null_zps9a02196c.jpg

• Moderators
Aaaaannnnnndddddd the tow company's insurance will be covering it, yes?

Yes, AAA is paying for it. I was so mad (and about to cry) that I had to let my wife handle it. It might be a blessing in disguise as I might be able to get all the other bumps and bruises fixed.

Yes, AAA is paying for it. I was so mad (and about to cry) that I had to let my wife handle it. It might be a blessing in disguise as I might be able to get all the other bumps and bruises fixed.

Atleast it's getting taken care of.

• Moderators
But if in the end it pays off two fold, the pain may have been worth it. Haha

Still a big if for now... But vodka has made the sick feeling go away for a little bit.

• Moderators
Glad she finally made it home. This just adds to my stereotype that all two truck drivers are retarded.

He was probably more upset than I was about it. He seemed like a really nice guy. Being a AAA tow truck company, they're not as sleazy as most. He apologized several times and it turns out my wife had to talk him into finishing the job he was so upset. As long as she gets fixed, I suppose I will be okay.

Well, you can't change what happened, only hope it all works out in the end. At least he cared. That's a trait you don't see much -.-

Still looks good in your new garage though!

Speaking of tow truck driver damages... how are things goin on your end?