Psychorugby

Heavy Horse Garage (and House)

• Moderators
Well, you can't change what happened, only hope it all works out in the end. At least he cared. That's a trait you don't see much -.-

Still looks good in your new garage though!

You're right about that. I needed to get some chips and some rust bubbles fixed anyway, so I'm hoping to get it all done at once. The tow truck driver's supervisor had already called me by the time we made the 10 minute trip from storage to my house to apologize and set up a time to come look at it with his body guy.

How's getting your car fixed going?

• Moderators
i know you've prolly said at some point in this thread or maybe another...but what all do you have to do to finish up the classic? short run down if you want lol

She was about 85% done 10 years ago... just never buttoned it up. After sitting for so long, she got pretty dirty and the fuel lines rotted out. I want to pull the motor and clean that and the engine bay up again, put the stock hood back on, cut out the roll bar (it was installed incorrectly anyway), put the 8in rear end back in, get a new set of 16in or 17in wheels and get rid of the balloon tires, take out the T56 for the 95 and reinstall the 4 speed, cut a coil out of the front, and install lowering blocks in the rear. It sounds like a ton when I write it out, but I think it might only be a couple month's worth of weekends.

• Moderators
Damn man that sucks but at least they sound like they want to right it by getting it fixed for you. Sounds like the driver needs a drink after that job.

I find out when he is leaving that he is just back on the job from breaking his arm in three places and having it pinned back together. I thought that accident was from a while back the way he was talking... didn't click until I gave him my usual firm (sometimes too firm) handshake and I got the feeble dead fish handshake. I felt bad for him, but shit happens. Like I've mentioned, maybe there's a silver lining in that I can get all the other blemishes fixed and possibly find a good place to paint the 95.

• Moderators

Update: My wife (bless her) has been dealing with most of this as I want to kill kittens whenever I talk about it. The tow company has all but come to my house and stolen my car to take it to their body shop and repair it. I want at least one of my guys to take a look at it. AAA called my wife the other day and made some insinuations that I was at fault because I was helping push the car; they're coming out tomorrow to look at the damage and get my side of the story. Also, one of my body guys is coming out hopefully tomorrow as well to assess the damage. I would love to get him and AAA together and get this sorted out.

• Moderators
Geez dude. Guess we all spoke too soon. Sorry for your bad luck.

It's gonna get sorted out one way or another. The body guy that I have coming out is national show winner from years back. He absolutely loves muscle cars, just hates doing resto projects because they're rabbit holes. I never considered him for either car since he is pretty damn expensive. However, I'm not sure I could trust anyone else to fix the fender correctly. Hell I should just get him to do an estimate on the 95 while he is there if I can get it home tonight.

• Moderators

Thanksgiving weekend, the deep garage section is getting wall to wall shelving along the back wall, and probably down the right wall as well. Then [MENTION=59]95opal[/MENTION] (who is champing at the bit) and I will commence tearing the motor and trans out to start the unplanned wire tuck and engine bay smoothing; if he offers help, you just don't turn it down. The suspension, brakes, and rear end are all coming out for cleaning, painting, and rebuilding too. It's going to be a very interesting 3-4 months.

One of my girls is home!

null_zps232883bf.jpg

null_zps02bdbfb1.jpg

But not without taking some damage at the hands of a tow truck driver:

null_zpsbedb6520.jpg

Wow I don't know if I could have controlled myself seeing my baby get fucked by a sped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
Tow companies are worse than insurance salesmen and lawyers combined. 99% of them are complete scumbags

Working on the estimates. I really don't want to throw this guy in the same pool as other tow truck drivers. He really was broken up about the damage and it was the first damage claim he had had in 15+ years. This guy was one of the nicest, cleanest guys I've ever dealt with. As long as my car gets fixed I'll be happy.

Side note. The husband of a girl in my class is a paint and body guy... A Concours d'Elegance painter. She offered him up to repair the 66 and look at the 95.

• Moderators

Phase One of Garage Storage was complete around midnight last night! Stage two is shelving above my workbench, then Stage Three (if needed) is shelving down the length of the double deep garage. [MENTION=59]95opal[/MENTION], you ready to do work because I am!

75F4448F-EE08-4840-AE2A-1A690903D95C_zpshuhk9b1b.jpg

DBF5F0BC-BC27-4185-A20A-70A511FC3854_zpssjvpp0p9.jpg

• Moderators

Not much has happened with the garage or house lately due to school, work, rental property that is finally rented, and the ever-growing honey do list.  One project that was waiting for the other house to be rented was new floors.  The builder wanted to charge us $12-15k to put in wood floors... that wasn't going to fly for this cheap ass.  So I ordered 1,300 square feet of flooring a couple weeks ago.  This past weekend, I took the plunge into the project.  This is what we do with a brand new house:

0E03C6C7-7062-44D6-B2F2-FCA390E2E32B_zps

8A34A5C0-278E-4695-9C06-209F3580B924_zps

The carnage (well some of it since I was too tired to take more pictures... the foyer looked like Baghdad):

413DC9E8-C646-443C-A194-8A6FF6C589FE_zps

7143FA2F-2299-4BC7-B86D-EA447B1E9CEA_zps

Created a little dust Sunday after 8 hours on the back end of a rotary hammer (which is not as fun as it looks):

83252B9B-57E8-4112-970D-C24704EAC710_zps

As of last night, all clean except a couple piles of crap.  I like the feng shui of the refrigerator in the breakfast room:

1CA7CE41-A3B4-45EA-8CD2-9A1AB7EDB766_zps

Here are what the new floors will look like with the new living room rug and coffee table:

2A3CE52F-ED43-4552-A109-339C65420B0F_zps

• Moderators

I do love that kitchen a lot.

Thanks, Will!  It's pretty plain right now, but I have some ideas... backsplash will be ridiculous if I can pull it off.

Thanks, Will!  It's pretty plain right now, but I have some ideas... backsplash will be ridiculous if I can pull it off.

at least you have good taste and brought in the miller lite... lol

• Moderators

at least you have good taste and brought in the miller lite... lol

Only way to drink in my house!  Went through about 36 of them this weekend lol.

Lol nice!  My parents are ripping their kitchen apart also, it's just more entertaining that yours is brand new lol.  Good work Chris, I really like the new flooring.

• Moderators

Lol nice!  My parents are ripping their kitchen apart also, it's just more entertaining that yours is brand new lol.  Good work Chris, I really like the new flooring.

The neighbors were all coming over asking WTF too  :D .  Fortunately, only the floors are getting ripped out of the kitchen.

• Moderators

Lol if I was a neighbor I'd be "wtf'ing" too!  Brand new house and this dude is ripping it apart, would throw a red flag for me lol.

They understood real quickly when I told them I got my floors for less than $5k and they all paid over $10k for theirs.  Suckas!

Sucks to have to rip all that up, but to have it EXACTLY the way you want it and done right this time will be worth it, not to mention the satisfaction/pride in doing it yourself.

I can only imagine the amount of dust that was attracted to those dark cabinets! Very nice looking kitchen btw

• Moderators

Sucks to have to rip all that up, but to have it EXACTLY the way you want it and done right this time will be worth it, not to mention the satisfaction/pride in doing it yourself.

I can only imagine the amount of dust that was attracted to those dark cabinets! Very nice looking kitchen btw

Thanks, Dan!  We bought the house knowing we were going to redo the floors.  There was no way in hell I was paying $12-15k for floors from the builder.  I tried every way possible talking them into not putting down tile... no go.  So here we are!

• Moderators

god that house layout still gets me everytime. so much garage space. so awesome!

I've still got a long way to go with the garage.  If I knew anything about photoshop, I would have already mocked up a few pictures of what I plan to do... and it should be pretty cool.

we know who wares the pants here...look at that fn garage lolol...or do you say warehouse? :P

Not so sure I wear the pants... I wanted the garage for space to work, she still makes me park everything inside.  Once I get the 95 into a roller, I am hoping to get a lift in the back bay so that the single car garage becomes a workshop.

I think we all know the original floor plan Chris had in mind.

zc73.jpg

Dear God, I wish.  I couldn't even make them extend the single car garage back...