No. It isn't finished but I did make some progress towards completion. I did remove the black wrap from the hood Brandon sold me.

Cool right? This change inspired me to unload the 4V and set it up on an engine stand.

Galveston

Galveston

Further progress was made a week later by installing the MM k-member setup. This brought an issue to light and after a conversation with Jack Hidley, will be rectified. As you can see in the pictures, the spindles aren't installed. This is because I'm going to paint them prior to final assembly. Otherwise I need to purchase new sway bar endlinks, scrub some more old grease/grime from the subframe and button it up. 

During this time, rain bands from Hurricane Harvey were pushing through. In between downpours, I removed most everything from the front of the 4V in preparation to install a new oil pump.

As @LWARRIOR1016 pointed out, I only have a "couple hours worth of work" and it'll be ready to drop in the car. He's right except for the fact I need prothane engine mounts, a few pieces from Flaming River to install the steering shaft and a new flywheel (or the existing part needs to be turned)

10 minutes ago, Blackmage said:

doing anything internally to the B head or just dropping it in as is?

Aside from the boundary oil pump with billet gears, no. I'm resisting the urge to mod the 4v because of the eventual Coyote ambition.

• Moderators

You should think about doing solid engine mounts. They are awesome. If you really do want poly mounts though, Ive got a buddy that might be letting go of some that are very lightly used. I can check into it for you.

17 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

You should think about doing solid engine mounts. They are awesome. If you really do want poly mounts though, Ive got a buddy that might be letting go of some that are very lightly used. I can check into it for you.

I have considered that actually.

This took place over the past month: (Flickr isn't playing nice so visit http://www.hano-Motorsports.con for pictures)

1) painted the firewall, installed the hydrobooster, removed and sold the QA1 k-member

37005746676_60b3e99207_b.jpg by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/YpH9pE

2) sold the Griggs FCAs (front control arms) + Koni struts + Griggs coil overs back to 

3) installed the MM tubular k-member and ran into fitment issues (one FCA was off-spec)

36942337612_dd4adec85c_k.jpgFriday shenanigans by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

4) installed replacement FCA, '00 Cobra R steering rack, painted and swapped in some 96-98 spec spindles, re-installed S550/GT500 brake kit with BRAKE PADS for the first time since mid last year!!

37001709731_8241f473dc_k.jpgSunday funday by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

5) realized I have to take everything apart to drill the spindles for the bumpsteer kit

36955028486_258794fcf7_k.jpgSunday funday by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

6) re-installed old tie rod ends for now to keep it a roller 

7) realized my calipers were in upside down because I had the bleeders pointing down, swapped sides and now my GT500 wheels don't fit... What the French toast...

36466922644_dcfec8cd4b_k.jpgSetbacks? by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

8) put on some 1" spacers and laughed at the stance yo

37113520746_2b25cb82bb_k.jpgSetbacks? by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

9) got cold chills when I realized my Jongbloed Racing Wheels might not fit, scurried into the attic to retrieve one, bolted it up and let out a sigh of relief.

37113521066_ec19108655_b.jpgSetbacks? by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

• Like 2

So jealous of that Cobra R rack!

Definitely glad to see the wheels clear the calipers... and hey, there are plenty of guys on IG these days who would love that super poke out front with the 1" spacers lol.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

So jealous of that Cobra R rack!

Definitely glad to see the wheels clear the calipers... and hey, there are plenty of guys on IG these days who would love that super poke out front with the 1" spacers lol.

Same here man, I was super nervous... Brett sold that to me when Flaming River approached him to test one of their parts. Couldn't pass it up!

stance life bruh

8 hours ago, Lanter said:

Coming right along!.   Really love the wheels

Thanks!!

14 hours ago, 410sn95 said:

Jelly of the Jongbloed goodness.

Someday they'll even have tires mounted on them!  I wanted to be as different as possible (while retaining strength for track abuse) in a scene filled with CCW and True Forged wheels. At first I wasn't crazy about the exposed lugs and lack of center cap but I'm over it.

18x11s and 18x12s

53B75B4D-44B1-449A-BEA3-F0D71155CE00_zpsqj9fvsv7

3A767341-2F4E-4243-9CB5-A1843DB0E006_zpsyouaejif

2BE3EED3-B7FC-4479-8050-9C0A9E493B26_zps9mpf9z25

• Like 2

Sunday, I decided to take a plunge and swap the oil pump. Boy, this was quite the job and I’m very fortunate the engine was on a stand. To begin, the harmonic balancer, cam covers, oil pan and front engine cover had to be removed. Next, the crank reluctor, timing tensioners, the chains, guides and crank gears were all removed. The oil pick up and pump were removed. So.. Then I had to phone a friend to set the timing and my buddy William [ @LWARRIOR1016] came to my rescue with EXCELLENT information. It turned an intimidating job into a breeze.

Oil pump swapOil pump swapOil pump swap

Oil pump swapOil pump swapOil pump swap

Oil pump swapOil pump swap

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedTwilight said:

Did you take the opportunity to get new chains, guides, and tensioners while it was apart?  Or did everything still look good?  
Or is this engine only temporary until you swap in a Coyote?;)

Everything seemed like it was in good shape enough,  so I left it alone. If I decide to keep the 4V long term, I'll likely revisit the timing stuff but the engine was said to only have 51k miles. I trust the people I bought it from too.

edit: I think I'll replace the water pump while the engine is out for piece of mind.

27 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Nothing to it! Now you just need to get it back together so it can go in the car.

All reverse process from here my friend! Just waiting on a set of IMRC delete plates and theoretically it can be installed. I have one brake line to make before that can happen and some additional tear down/painting on the unicorn. Likely going to be late October/early November.

• Like 1

Things went well until I broke one of the tubes off the evaporator core 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Fuxk

Reversed the process and started to reinstall the wiring harness:

Fuxk

Fuxk

Fuxk

The column, dash and HVAC are out of Space Ghost but I stopped at dark.

Fuxk

Fuxk

17 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

its good to see you put the bilsteins up front before you hit the open track

About that... When my car was at NOLA Motorsports park for tuning and such, my buddy drove it around the track. He left me that note, it made it's way under the back seat and I found it 5 years later.

lol 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dkblue98gt said:

Sweet, is there an Eaton swap in your future? I would love to do that to my car. If you are doing a new clutch you might consider upgrading to an 11 inch and a lightened flywheel.

🤔😏 Eaton swap? That’s the plan for now.

I have an six puck, single disc 10.5” clutch that @LWARRIOR1016 gave me with a T45 that I’ll be using for the time being. I really like the Exedy 500/Exedy billet flywheel in my wife’s Eaton M122 blown ‘05 GT. I’ll probably go that route.