31 minutes ago, White95 said:

Do you offer CF skirts?

No, but Frank has been trying to talk me into doing him a set of SVO skirts in CF.   I just need a good set to pop a set of molds off of and enough people to justify the expense to recoupe the cost of the molds.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, White95 said:

Thank you for that, I was trying to imagine some sort of bracket setup and that cleared it up.

one thing to also note, if you have subframes this will force you to have the exhaust hang low.  or what i had my guy do is notch out the pipes so i could still fit them up to the floor as tight as possible.  Or you can go full @95riosnake and use oval piping and cut/weld a million and a half pie wedges.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, ThomasW said:

No, but Frank has been trying to talk me into doing him a set of SVO skirts in CF.   I just need a good set to pop a set of molds off of and enough people to justify the expense to recoupe the cost of the molds.  

I may or may not have a perfect second set of these laying around collecting dust...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

one thing to also note, if you have subframes this will force you to have the exhaust hang low.  or what i had my guy do is notch out the pipes so i could still fit them up to the floor as tight as possible.  Or you can go full @95riosnake and use oval piping and cut/weld a million and a half pie wedges.

I do recall reviewing both installs a few years back when I was going this route. @blwnbyu has a nice set up in the white car too.. My concern with 'massaging' the sub frame connectors would be potentially weakening them. That being said, I can ask the pipe fitters to cut me a few sections for a notch.... Hmm..

2 hours ago, White95 said:

I do recall reviewing both installs a few years back when I was going this route. @blwnbyu has a nice set up in the white car too.. My concern with 'massaging' the sub frame connectors would be potentially weakening them. That being said, I can ask the pipe fitters to cut me a few sections for a notch.... Hmm..

Or go with through the floor sub frames. Then the lower sub's can be massaged and messed with as they serve really only for the attachment of a torque arm cross member (If your going that route).

• Thanks 1

This past weekend, we pushed the unicorn under the carport for final assembly. I'm hoping to have the engine/trans back in the car in February but first, a few loose ends to tie up.

Highs and lows...

Swapped the S-351 wing out for the S-281 spoiler and decided I don't like either of them anymore. Needs more carbon fiber T1, right @ThomasW? Right @Frank.JD.Perez

Inching along....

Highs and lows...

Inching along....

Inching along....

Next, I removed the airbag sensors, the hood latch mechanism/cable, put the battery tray back in, installed the Champion, 3 core radiator and installed the new AC condenser:

Inching along....

Inching along....

Installed the proper ABS pump and started plumbing the lines:

Inching along....

Swapped the proportioning valve out for the proper unit:

Inching along....

I have to re-route the lines to the hydro-booster, connect the ABS pump to the rear brakes, install the braided lines to the front calipers, install the rear pads, connect the e-brake cable and the brake system will be "finalized". That is where I stopped because I took some time to start cleaning my shop up and then began planning my fuel system. Next weekend, I plan to have these cut and re-welded to line up with the 99-04 rail mount. I'm also going to use this set of Coyote EV14 [34# hr] injectors instead of the stock, EV1 24's.

Inching along....

Inching along....

Inching along....

Also, I found a grille pony and painted it white!

Inching along....

Lastly, I came across a vent pod I had bought and installed it to see how I liked it:

Highs and lows...

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, White95 said:

.....and fuck the SVO skirts because the guy never responded to my questions about shipping. Refund requested and he agreed.

Do you need a set?  For the right price, I have an extra set.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

i'd move the black line up to the body ridge line.

I'll make that adjustment and see how it looks later on. That livery is loosely based on the recent Ford GT Le Mans cars.

Image result for le mans ford GT

• Like 3

Dropped the tank to inspect and clean, if necessary..

Fuel pump swap

Fuel pump swap

Fuel pump swap

Swapped the Walbro 190 lph pump out for an Aeromotive 340 lph..

Fuel pump swap

After that, I started to straighten up my work shop. It is by no means clean but it’s an improvement from before. 

Cleaning up the lair

Cleaning up the lair

Mocked up my fuel rails and took it to a friend to fabricate new brackets.

Mach 1 Intake

Mach 1 Intake

Mach 1 Intake

Mach 1 Intake

Also, I cleaned and painted my throttle body + IAC to match the lower. I’ll take pictures tomorrow.

• Like 1

This weekend we were supposed to install the 4V but a 0200 call from work screwed that up. So, that has been pushed back again. However, I was able to get some other stuff done. Traded a S281 spoiler for a Cobra gauge cluster, a good headlight panel, a pair of OEM Cobra headlights (that need restoration) and some other miscellaneous items. 

1) Installed my CGE rear seat delete

The saga continues

2) Installed the frame side of the MM oil filter relocation setup. This normally mounts behind the fog light but I have a bash bar. So, I had to get a little creative and I do still have some minor fab work to complete.

The saga continues

The saga continues

The saga continues

The saga continues

The saga continues

3) Installed the caliper hoses, connected the remaining brake lines and did some janky “good enough” bending to the lines that go to the hydro booster from the proportioning valve.

The saga continues

The saga continues

4) Cleaned up my exhaust studs:

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

5) My buddy Benjy welded up the EGR connection on my headers. After that, I made some simple brackets to adapt the 96-98 fuel rail system to the Mach 1 Intake and back he welded the new brackets on.

Shenanigans afoot!

Shenanigans afoot!

Shenanigans afoot!

Shenanigans afoot!

Fuel rails

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

Fuel rail Saturday

6) Installed my FR500 steering wheel.

Shenanigans afoot!

Really need to clean up then dye the airbag and the center console.

Shenanigans afoot!

7) The Cobra cluster I plan to use but that depends on how it looks with LED bulbs at night. The stock, GT gauges with white LEDs has a really nice blue glow.

Sunday, a day of not doing SHIT

8) The car looking angry because the engine didn’t get installed.

9) The oem Cobra headlights that need to be restored.

OEM Cobra head lights to be restored

It almost looks like a Mustang again lol

9 hours ago, White95 said:

7) The Cobra cluster I plan to use but that depends on how it looks with LED bulbs at night. The stock, GT gauges with white LEDs has a really nice blue glow.

The pick is very blurry, but it's the only one I have at the moment.  

This is how my Cobra's instrument cluster looks with white LED's.

35983474396_f7e333441c_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedTwilight said:

The pick is very blurry, but it's the only one I have at the moment.  

This is how my Cobra's instrument cluster looks with white LED's.

35983474396_f7e333441c_o.jpg

Sweet! Looks like only the numbers light up, just like in my GT cluster. 

William [ @LWARRIOR1016 ] and I fought the good fight to install the engine/T45 from the top. The hard part is finally over and it's all down hill from here.

25596195967_48290d0a0e_k.jpg

Look at this mess!!! 

25625516627_acdce0f818_h.jpgEngine installation by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

Moved the IAC from the B head location, front left, to the C head location, rear right. Cleaned up the wiring some by removing the EGR and EGR solenoid circuitry. 

39756854124_cd1e12f844_k.jpg

• Like 1

For some reason, I thought I could install the headers from the bottom since I have a tubular K-member. Well, I couldn't be more wrong.

Yeah, the passenger side header hit the starter mount but almost makes it. Had it on the studs but couldn't get the rearmost portion to seat. Mother @&$#er but at least the driver's side went in like it was meant to be. Everything was going well until I realized I needed TINY HANDS to reach two of the studs. .

So, that leaves me with this scene:

Decided to move onto finishing the oil filter relocation kit but ran into ANOTHER snag. It seems that switching from the 96-98 oil cooler to the Mach 1 type [that deleted the cooler] it puts the fittings directly into the power steering pump. So, no filter relocation for now. I did try rotating the adapter but then the PS lines get in the way.

#thestruggleisreal i hate when you can get into working on something.  will a BFH to a header tube fix the starter problem?

Didn't work on the car much this weekend but I was able to finish a few things up.

1) Installed the other header

26895974478_972c33e1c6_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

26895974468_c18c86c254_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

38956169880_24d8637c73_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

2) Finished my fuel lines

38956170210_73c9c8695e_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

38956170260_b92233fe52_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

3) Simply installed an oil filter and will revisit the relocation setup at a later time

40766236851_10199961ce_k.jpgInching closer... by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prokiller said:

what'd you end up doing to get the header to fit?

Simply loosened the engine mount to crossmember nut, jacked the engine up about an inch and it slipped right in.

• Like 1

A little late now, but when I installed those I used a Harbor Freight engine support bar between the fenders to support the engine from above and took the K-member out completely. I wouldn't do it any other way.

• Thanks 1