On 8/10/2018 at 7:01 PM, streetpilot said:

It’s a really nice idea is all and I’m curious as to how the solution looks when you’re done. Everything looks great so far and I think we’re all excited about the progress you’re making.

Thank you for the moral support!! As you’ve witnessed it takes me awhile to do even the smallest jobs with this car at times. As a result, I wind up having several “half done” tasks waiting for time or parts to complete. That being said, I have a Mach 1 power steering bracket being delivered tomorrow and also the o2 extenders necessary to complete the power harness install should be in later this week. 

Whats the the best way to eat an elephant? 

One bite it’s at a time!

On 10/25/2017 at 3:43 PM, White95 said:

Seems like I recall saying I wouldn't have another engine built, period. No way, no how..

On 10/25/2017 at 3:51 PM, LWARRIOR1016 said:

You wont build another one......after this one

Here ya go!

1. Picked up @Frank.JD.Perez old stock radiator from @LWARRIOR1016
  2. Ordered the damn $50 bypass hose to complete the coolant system
  3. Obtained a Mach 1 PS reservoir bracket to clean up the front of the engine

Now I'm going to find the time to install this crap!

• Like 1

Started on the AN power steering hose conversion today. Had to drop the rack to get the old lines out, which was a major pain in the ass.

8-31-18

Making the actual hoses up wasn’t very difficult but getting the ferrul onto the soft, Teflon inner hose was a pain.

8-31-18

8-31-18

8-31-18

This is the low pressure hose to the hydro boost:

8-31-18

8-31-18

At this point I was called into work but I will post more pictures later!

...and here is the second round:

8-31-18

8-31-18

8-31-18

8-31-18

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lanter said:

I need to do this to my car.  Looks so good already!   Plus I have a slight power steering leak that needs fixed.. hmm lol

Thank you! Yes, you do. The universe demands this. I need to finish it up. Another Mustanger mentioned the power steering pump specific fitting is too long and he is going to provide me with the part # for the approximate part. I’ll make sure to post this information for all.

• Like 2

“Finished” the AN power steering hose swap!! 

Finished product

The finalized routing just needs to be permanently mounted:

Finished product

Finished product

The tee fitting for the low pressure side:

Finished product

Finished product

Reservoir to tee:

Finished product

The rack connection:

Finished product

It was brought to my attention that the power steering fitting blocks a fluid passage. I took the stock fitting out of an old pump to see what he meant and found this:

Fluid passage

Did some research and found a thread over on the TCCOA forum where someone found an easy fix by cutting the Russell fitting down:

Fluid passage

Fluid passage

More on this at a later date!!

31 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I will actually need to read this build. There seems to be a little less clutter in the engine bay/around the suspension.. 

Did you delete the EGR? 

Yes, I did delete it.

29 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

White I like the bracket you made to run the hoses back into the bay from the inner fender but please tell me your gonna put a grommet there?!?!  Otherwise that will eventually chafe and then  wear on the hoses. 

Unluess loss of stearing while heading towards a wall is you thing!!!!  Lol

Yes sir! I’m going to take some of that ghetto fender trim shit and make it happen. 😆

44684232171_abd5e590f9_b.jpg

I know you're being nickeled and dimed by this project, and maybe you already have a solution standing by, but after seeing this photo of the bottom of your reservoir I couldn't help but think that you deserve a nice (and maybe contaminant-free?) power steering fluid reservoir. Looks like it's been a while since this one's been flushed out. Maybe this?

Moroso 4.6 power steering reservoir

Edited by streetpilot

1 hour ago, streetpilot said:

44684232171_abd5e590f9_b.jpg

I know you're being nickeled and dimed by this project, and maybe you already have a solution standing by, but after seeing this photo of the bottom of your reservoir I couldn't help but think that you deserve a nice (and maybe contaminant-free?) power steering fluid reservoir. Looks like it's been a while since this one's been flushed out. Maybe this?

Moroso 4.6 power steering reservoir

Oh, I agree completely. My intentions are swap it out after I get this piece running. Same thing goes for all of the pulleys.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, White95 said:
  1. Picked up @Frank.JD.Perez old stock radiator from @LWARRIOR1016
  2. Ordered the damn $50 bypass hose to complete the coolant system
  3. Obtained a Mach 1 PS reservoir bracket to clean up the front of the engine

Now I'm going to find the time to install this crap!

still cant believe you took that radiator

Well, Shit. Didn’t realize the upper and lower mounts were completely different. Well, I looked around my hoard and found a bracket that looked feasible enough to modify into a suitable pair of upper mounts.

Fun with Radiators

The idea was to use some of the existing holes in the core support to keep from unnecessarily modifying the car for a temporary fix. 

Fun with Radiators
Fun with Radiators

Took a few measurements and started to whack metal with my Dremel tool. Didn’t take any pictures of the process but you’ll get the idea.

Fun with Radiators

The goal here is to either use a small u-bolt to hold the peg in place or simply just leave it as-is. It’s rock solid.

Fun with Radiators

Did some minor fit work to allow the drivers side to fit flush. 

Fun with Radiators

Here’s how it’ll look with the expansion tank in place. Now I’ll remove the mounts and paint them black. 

Fun with Radiators

2 hours ago, RedTwilight said:

You'd better hurry and get the car moving under it's own power.  I see a spider starting to build it's home on the rear diff.

You leave Rosco alone. He’s my guard spider to keep my wife away from the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1