Tony

may as well start a build thread for da trunk :)

today is the day that i've been putting off for quite a wile, lol. going to home depot and getting everything i need to build my trunk shit. either going with concrete form tubes or old scholl mdf boxes. i'll post the whole build from start to finish right here. wish me luck :)

Good luck! I've been in that world for a while with my car, lol.
lol, yea i know ya have. can be fun but also can suuuk, haha.

say i wont make sick sub enclosures outta these 5 gallon buckets hahaaa! actually done this before. with a little fleece and some resin they work great for small spaces. they will be hidden behind a wall with just the face showing anyway. they tuck perfectly on each side of the tank :)

DSCF6483_zpsf15b2965.jpg

Niiiice! I love re-purposing things like that :thumb:

And the buckets will actually add some strength under the fiberglass too. Hell, a lot of people have hot glued dowels holding up the sub mounting rings before they stretch the fleece over and start fiberglassing, so those buckets will be way stronger than hot glue and dowel rods lol.

And regarding the suck-factor of trunk work, I hear you. I'm so damn tired of crawling around and sliding in and out of my damn trunk, lol.

Haha yea you weren't built for trunk work lol.

I'm 5'10" and feel like a giant trying to work in my car sometimes, I can't count how many times I've gotten my head stuck under the dash or something and had to almost break my neck trying to get out lol. I couldn't imagine being taller!

sooo, i spent 45 mins trying to take these torque screws out to remove my back seat...before realizing there were 2 10 mm bolts that let ya slide it right off hahaa! faaak man :frusty:

talking about the back rest.

glassed the inside of the buckets, heavy duty liquid nails and mdf to seal the tops. hard to see this how it will look, the buckets will be molded in...kinda formed out at this depth. along with an amp rack mounted in the center moldded in and formed out at the same depth.

DSCF6487_zps5be112e0.jpg

DSCF6486_zps04d1437b.jpg

DSCF6485_zps5a89452b.jpg

hahaaaaa, looks crazy i know :P

Updates!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony stop being lazy and work on your trunk!
^broke his hip from just plain being old.
aw its done...my camera broke...yea...my camera wont take pics of it

:shiftyeyes:

It's 2013! YOU HAVE A PHONE WITH A CAMERA
aw...yea, my phone camera is broke. yea man weird i know.

lol, i'll get it done in a week or 2. it'll look beasty here soon. you'll see :)

ok, this is taking alot more time then i'd hoped, lol. due to lack of interest i gues :(

i mounted the buckets (that sounds fn funny) to the back board. cut out the centers for the subs. made a floor and mocked it up to get an idea as to how it will turn out. looks a little strange yes. but it'll come out slick :)

4010d276-eb00-44f9-9150-318f8c64b90c_zpsbe52cc23.jpg

ok, this is taking alot more time then i'd hoped, lol. due to lack of interest i gues :(

i mounted the buckets (that sounds fn funny) to the back board. cut out the centers for the subs. made a floor and mocked it up to get an idea as to how it will turn out. looks a little strange yes. but it'll come out slick :)

4010d276-eb00-44f9-9150-318f8c64b90c_zpsbe52cc23.jpg

Boobs man. I'm telling you, make em boobs

I think it would look sick if the silver faces of the sub magnets and the silver part of the amp cover were painted body color :thumb:

Not sure if the magnets could be painted but I guarantee the amp cover could.

I think it would look sick if the silver faces of the sub magnets and the silver part of the amp cover were painted body color :thumb:

Not sure if the magnets could be painted but I guarantee the amp cover could.

it's kinda strange the things i notice and think is cool, lol. like for instance when my trunk is popped and the finish on the sub magnets and amp being exactly the same finish on the wheels. lke when you're standing from an angle. like the side, lol. idk how to explain shit..it actually looks kinda nasty. you would have to be here and see it for yourself lol. i do see where that would look nice though. i am thinking of trying to add some body color back there some where.

Yea I see what you mean, maybe just the amp color matched then? Would just look cool to have some body color in there since you have a nice metallic color to work with. I don't have that luxury because straight up red looks tacky as hell inside a car, lol.

Yea I see what you mean, maybe just the amp color matched then? Would just look cool to have some body color in there since you have a nice metallic color to work with. I don't have that luxury because straight up red looks tacky as hell inside a car, lol.
yea it can...especially red and black, lol. thought about making a trim panel to go around the amp with body color and a shit load of high gloss clear. skinny on the sides and wider on the top and bottom.

Sub'n...it's looking good so far. Between you and riosnake, I'm convinced I have to do something to my trunk now...
hey...my twin on steroids, hahaaa! havent heard from you in a while

or wait...do i have the wrong guy, lol?

Edited by tony

hey...my twin on steroids, hahaaa! havent heard from you in a while

or wait...do i have the wrong guy, lol?

That's me lol. I've been around but I haven't been posting much on any forums. I like your new wheels and stance though...looks f'n sick

That's me lol. I've been around but I haven't been posting much on any forums. I like your new wheels and stance though...looks f'n sick

Oh shit son! Tony, that's a compliment on your car... FROM ANOTHER MUSTANG GUY!!!!

Disclaimer; I have a foul mouth, dirty mind and crappy jokes. Take it or leave it!