Det_Riot

Best Process/Products for Cleaning up Exhaust Tips?

What products/ process do you all recommend for cleaning up exhaust tips? I'm looking for large input from the guys with side exhaust as I just recently acquired some borla side exhaust tips. Pictures of their current state:

[ATTACH]2304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2305[/ATTACH]

post-5-13881838180219_thumb.jpg

post-5-13881838181202_thumb.jpg

Use some #0000 steel wool and some mothers polish. It will do wonders :). I wouldn't use sandpaper on the tips.

Just out ta curiosity, why not sandpaper? Isn't it basically the same thing as steel wool?

Because you will fuck up the chrome finish. The #0000 steel wool is very fine and gentle and won't scratch. If you were trying to polish some bare metal like your exhaust pipes, then yes you would want to use sandpaper using a finer and finer grit. You just don't want to do that on chrome.

Because you will fuck up the chrome finish. The #0000 steel wool is very fine and gentle and won't scratch. If you were trying to polish some bare metal like your exhaust pipes, then yes you would want to use sandpaper using a finer and finer grit. You just don't want to do that on chrome.

Ah okay cool thanks!

What products/ process do you all recommend for cleaning up exhaust tips? I'm looking for large input from the guys with side exhaust as I just recently acquired some borla side exhaust tips. Pictures of their current state:

[ATTACH]2304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2305[/ATTACH]

I've always wanted side exhaust and those tips... Can't wait to see finished product!

Sent from my secretary!!!

but steel wool probably remove sign Flowmaster from my tips.

Fortunately, my tips are still in pretty good condition.

Simply paste like Meguiar's METAL FINISHING POLISH should be enough.

19116382.jpg

If your tips are without sings, do what you say guys

When I bought used Borla XR1 , it looked dirty, matt and polishing with steel wood was driving me crazy

whole except the tips, cleaned by Antox paste

http://www.elmerwallace.co.uk/Antox-71E-Plus-Pickling-paste---case-offer/49.htm

In an hour they looked like new. Unfortunately, the next few hours I polished tip by steel wool :(

Because tips are chrom and Antox matt them.

I've always had good luck just using Eagle One Nevr-Dull. It will handle road tar within reason. If that fails, I pre-treat with Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover. Let it sit for a minute and you can see the tar dissolving. Then, wipe off, go to Nevr-Dull and call it a day.