ttocs

The momstangs rebuild

Just got the car home from the shop and will start to tear into it tonight and get some pics up. Wanted to start this first to see if anyone out there knows of anyone selling a roller/parts car 94-98 with a good front end/air bags. I am at the boarder of In/Ky/IL so if anyone knows of a good car for a good price say between indy/Nashville, Louisville/st Louis I could probably get here and make it work. Any help is appreciated as I will be learning a lot on this project as have never done anything this deep before....

I have details on the pics that might explain more of what is going on in the projects on my timeline section here.

https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#

I wish I had anuthing to donate to the momstang :( good luck man!
I understand. I know it would be great to show up and be like BAM "LOOK A NEW FRONT END!" but that is harder then it sounds with the locations and all. BUT I do accept visa/mc/amex/diners club/food stamps/or just plain old cash. I know I know I know its not what you want too do but if its all we have, I will cave and accept it.:faint: Don't worry if you don't have parts to give, I will probably be needing some advice on this project with out too long as this is FAR and beyond anything I have ever done before. I have a friend that use to flip salvaged cars and actually did 2 sn's but he is always hard to get a hold of now.

Holy hell man! Just saw the damage in the other thread!

That is horrible to see! Glad to hear you're gonna make it happen and rebuild. I've sold off most of anything I've ever taken off my car but I'll look around the garage and see if I have any stuff for you.

Thanks for all the kind words and offers. I get by with a little help with my friends. Was happy just to get it home today as I realized that the air-bags and almost certainly deflated and towing it air-out would be either ugly or impossible with out ripping the exhaust off. I could not get it to charge the day of the accident but today I was happy to see it fired up and I was able to raise it up. Took the chin spoiler off to keep it perty and then had the wrecker drop it off. Doesn't look bad at all now that I got most of the broken pieces out of the way. Was happy to see that the radar detectors laser shifter and radar sensor seemed to make it through intact, as did the power pipe, maf/filter. Was also happy to see the battery mounts I made for the trunk held up even better then I could have hoped. Doesn't look like they moved a mm and all of the pieces still look straight and intact. Sad to see that the custom fiberglass pod I made to go behind the pass seat took a little damage but it looks to be repairable. Got the hood/bumper cover off before it was dark. Will look at the fender tomorrow. Also got ahold of the parts car guy as he was on vacation and just got back. I think I can get the fenders from him as well as the airbag stuff. Any idea what would be fair to offer for used pieces in good shape?

- - - Updated - - -

still having issues loading pics here as it says they are too big if I make them bigger then a postage stamp so here is a link to my gallery. click on the pics and you will get a larger version. http://www.cardomain.com/usernew/galleries/edit.aspx?id=453798

Got to my first stopping point today for two reasons. Went to remove the fender and realized it is mounted to the side exhaust skirt at the front with panel bonding adhesive and screws that were covered up. I will need to cut the fender and then weld the new one into place. I had an additional thought to this though - do I need to take the fenders off to take the doors off? If so I will probably replace the hinges now to prevent any sagging in the future where I would have to cut them off again. If I can take them off with the fenders on then no worries. 2nd stopping point today is that I need to pull the center out so that I can pull the radiator out of the car. Looking for a friend with a big truck/wench or a come-along....

went and looked at the parts car today and made a deal for it. They are going to pull the motor/trans out of it and then will bring it too me. Has all the parts I need short of the core support that I will probably get from keystone. Also has a good interior that I am not using short of the bags so if anyone needs parts let me know. got home and hooked up the come-along to my trucks trailer hitch and pulled the core support bend out. After that the rad/condenser came out and I cut the fender off as well. still cant load pics bigger then a postage stamp, pics are available here on my gallery. http://www.cardomain.com/usernew/galleries/edit.aspx?id=453798

Good progress man! Glad to see your health is holding up for you to get some stuff done! What is the issue that you can't get the side skirts off?

The side exhaust skirts have been screwed/bonded to the very bottom of the fender when they were mounted. I was originally just going to cut the old one about half way down and weld in the new one but after some thought I think I will just cut it all the way down at the bottom and have the two areas meet with a nice clean/straight cut on both so that I can remove it later if I need too. With the fuse box and some wiring going back there I would like to keep access too it.

Anyone have a link to doing a wire tuck on a sn? I am going to move stuff around and would like to make an access door into the engine bay to keep access to it.

I still spend each morning wondering what/how my day will go because of my stomach. The summer has been really mild here this year which has been nice for working in the afternoon/evening for a change. Would have rather been out driving it but yesterday out in the garage with my laptop playin tunes from spotify it was actually kinda nice. Wore me out though as I don't have the energy like I used too and I was asleep by 7 I think last night.

Edited by Det_Riot

16210531_large.jpg

As far as your issues with posting pictures, I went to your cardomain page, clicked on a photo for the large version, right click>copy image location, then pasted the location and got the above. What method were you using to post pictures?

I have a buddy that use to buy salvaged cars and rebuild/flip them for some time. He did a number of sn's as well so it was even better. When he walked up and saw the damage he was amazed they totaled it as he pointed out the bumper crush zones had not even been touched. He reminded me of a couple of the mustangs he fixed and then showed where the core support/fenders were pushed back on those cars and mine is minimal compaired to his. Pulled the bumper off and some other little stuff and now its ready to go to the frame shop which he also has a hook-up with after all the cars he did. Hopefully can get it off to the shop this week and get the parts car just in time to get everything back together and finish the wire tuck/engine bay smoothing/cleaning.

idk what you're doing wrong.... all you have to do it click on the pictures so they open up, right click, and click "copy image URL"

16276046_large.jpg

16280994_large.jpg

16283389_large.jpg

16284838_large.jpg

16284839_large.jpg

16288407_large.jpg

16292839_large.jpg

16292841_large.jpg

^are you selling this??????????????

16293939_large.jpg

16292846_large.jpg

16293941_large.jpg

HID Retrofit:

16290160_large.jpg

16290158_large.jpg

^+1, I tried it with IE, Firefox and Chrome and it works on all 3 browsers. :dunno:

Great progress though! And those are the only one piece headlights that I think actually look good. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

I swear I know how to post pics guys. I do it the same way you have listed and for some reason it always err's out for me and says its too big. Idunno why, its the only place I can't load pics at and idunno why. There are a lot of funny things that happen to me here. for instance I can't hit return or add any spaces. When I hit return, nothing happens(in the writing box) and if I leave 4-40 spaces between words it takes the gaps out and makes everything one paragraph. Again, idunno it wasn't like this prior to "my vacation" from sn95source I figured I was on some kind of restricted signon that might be limiting it or something was my first thought?

I swear I know how to post pics guys. I do it the same way you have listed and for some reason it always err's out for me and says its too big. Idunno why, its the only place I can't load pics at and idunno why. There are a lot of funny things that happen to me here. for instance I can't hit return or add any spaces. When I hit return, nothing happens(in the writing box) and if I leave 4-40 spaces between words it takes the gaps out and makes everything one paragraph. Again, idunno it wasn't like this prior to "my vacation" from sn95source I figured I was on some kind of restricted signon that might be limiting it or something was my first thought?

We can look into it but there shouldn't be any restrictions :shrug: but what are you doing with that radiator cover????

We can look into it but there shouldn't be any restrictions :shrug: but what are you doing with that radiator cover????
(pushed return twice) not sure what it is I keep all my programs updated but my ability to post pics has not been hit/miss it just always small. (New paragraph)Isn't that cover perty?! It even had the original fasteners holding it in place! Was excited too see that when I popped the hood as the wings had long since fallen off the one that was crushed in the crash. Unless they start selling the nice aluminum covers it will be going back in the car. I might have it painted to match the body with the sides green.

Maybe Steve can look into it. The only limitations I know of come with a probation, but you aren't on probation. (You'd know if you were because we'd have to approve every one of your posts before they'd show up on the forum lol). I'm stumped.

Took some time off from it as my brother was in town. He is not a car guy but he did manage to teach me to weld which was needed for this next step. The bottom of where the fender was going to end now left it loose and unsupported. I cut a portion off of the old green fender and plug welded it in place so the new red fender can rest against it and be supported and flush. its only the 5th time I have turned the welder on so if anyone has any ideas of how to make it better please let me know.post-61-13881839438613_thumb.jpgMy next question,what filler do you recommend?

post-61-13881839436148_thumb.jpg

post-61-13881839437473_thumb.jpg

Edited by ttocs

Took some time off from it as my brother was in town. He is not a car guy but he did manage to teach me to weld which was needed for this next step. The bottom of where the fender was going to end now left it loose and unsupported. I cut a portion off of the old green fender and plug welded it in place so the new red fender can rest against it and be supported and flush. its only the 5th time I have turned the welder on so if anyone has any ideas of how to make it better please let me know.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3347[/ATTACH]Here you can see the flange I welded in. Eventually I will fill from the top of the rocker to just above those holes the entire length of the door to cover the holes and give it a smooth uniform look.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3348[/ATTACH]Tired of seeing it like this, only one person will change that...[ATTACH=CONFIG]3349[/ATTACH]

Welds look good for a newb

Thanks total newb but the welder does make it easy to set so far it seems. The welds around the curve by the wheel were filled better but that is because I had a better fit of the two pieces there. I would have had to do some bending on it to get it to meet up that well on the other side and I was more concerned with the fit between the two pieces. The holes will just make a better place for the filler to hold onto as far as I am concerned.

repeated yesterdays activities on the drivers side now they are both ready for filler(if anyone has any recommendations). Guess I will see if the hood gaps are ok and then its time to pull the motor and get the core support replaced and then I can start smoothing the engine bay.post-61-13881839448336_thumb.jpgEnough TLC and its gonna be badder then ever...