ttocs

The momstangs rebuild

15 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

@ttocs I've been trying to stumble around through your build thread but can't seem to find anything. I'm 99% sure it was you that talked about opening up the tail light and putting LED's in, did you ever take on that project?

don't you even dare cut open those sexports!!!

5 minutes ago, Prokiller said:

don't you even dare cut open those sexports!!!

Lmaoooo you already know I’d never experiment on those......that’s why I’d chop my extra set of OEM lights up first to perfect it; THEN open up the sexports 😈😈

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

Lmaoooo you already know I’d never experiment on those......that’s why I’d chop my extra set of OEM lights up first to perfect it; THEN open up the sexports 😈😈

angry mother voice: WHAT DID I JUST SAY!

• Haha 1

had a bunch of set backs but its now registered, insured(haggardy) and about to be on the road.  I had a dirty gas tank that was dicking everything up and finally after replacing it, flushing all the lines and starting fresh now its running great.  I have been doing minor tweeks on tune at idle and I am happy to hear it loping at 800 rpms now and I am looking forward to a live remote tuning session to help finish it up.  I still need to get the abs pump bled and that is #1 to do after the holiday along with the alignment.  Once its bled and aligned it will be ready for some shake down drives to see what new gremlins pop up.

The remote tuning session was great right up till the end when we discovered my throttle position sensor was drifting.  Never saw it before but it would go up 2-4% on its own with out anything happening.  I thought it was the set screw on the throttle stop as it seemed loose so I added a nut to tighten it up and the next day it seemed better.  Unfortunately it started having more issues and after pulling a plug to find it black as black can be realized something was wrong.  I discovered a couple of bolts were loose on the header flange and tightened them up and noticed the afr was different immediately.  Then once it got back up to temp I noticed the tps was drifting again and with a couple of technical taps diagnosed it as bad.  Between that and the exhaust leak is no wonder it was running so rich to foul the plugs.  While on the way to vatozone I realized that it might not be the sensor but the harness that clips to it expanding with heat and effecting the voltage so I was going to get one in case the sensor swap didn't fix it.  They didn't have the harness so I transfered it in and took the tps.  Swapped out the tps and with some technical taps again discovered it was drifting so the next day I got and swapped out the harness and now its solid.  This stupid little problem was probably screwing me up the whole time.  Now with all that its really running nicely.

• Like 1

Its been a while but not because I have not done anything to it.  The road has been long but now its starting to finally all come together.  Paint and body work is done and its not perfect by any means because I did it all and I am not a pro paint/body guy but that is also why it is perfect.  Motor wise with some help via remote tuning the motor is starting up so damn nicely I can't tell you how much it tickles me to hear it fire up and start loping along nicely.

MvFF3cM.jpg

YsKLa7p.jpg

7YdYjab.jpg

j5DFcAy.jpg

gG2N58X.jpg

and personally my health issues have never been a secret and for anyone that cares recently I have discovered my body just does not seem to process meat or fiber in general all that well and cutting down on the both significantly have had me feeling much better.  

On 9/18/2020 at 5:39 AM, ttocs said:

Its been a while but not because I have not done anything to it.  The road has been long but now its starting to finally all come together.  Paint and body work is done and its not perfect by any means because I did it all and I am not a pro paint/body guy but that is also why it is perfect.  Motor wise with some help via remote tuning the motor is starting up so damn nicely I can't tell you how much it tickles me to hear it fire up and start loping along nicely.

MvFF3cM.jpg

YsKLa7p.jpg

7YdYjab.jpg

j5DFcAy.jpg

gG2N58X.jpg

and personally my health issues have never been a secret and for anyone that cares recently I have discovered my body just does not seem to process meat or fiber in general all that well and cutting down on the both significantly have had me feeling much better.  

So glad to hear that you figured out what was causing you problems. Every time I check in on your thread I wonder how that's going for you. My brother and sister both have some trouble with certain foods causing all kinds of havoc, but like you they finally figured out what was causing the problem and they are both feeling much better. That's a huge victory.

Car looks spectacular, BTW. The level of attention to detail, doing all of the work yourself with all that you've been through is stunning.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:39 AM, ttocs said:

MvFF3cM.jpg

YsKLa7p.jpg

7YdYjab.jpg

j5DFcAy.jpg

gG2N58X.jpg

It's looking GREAT!  Glad to see you're finally able to enjoy it some.

And congrats on figuring out what will help with your health!

its been nice to get it out and start to open it up.  Needless to say its a different beast with the supercharger and everything else now.  I gotta say I love my loud button as I describe it in here.

The bad news is that while the motor is sounding glorious,  stock tranny is making some unhappy noises now in what I am sure is preparation for an exciting ending.  I have already started to make plans for  a T56 magnum close ratio so 6th will lower the cruising rpms a little as with the 3.55s at 60 with a little over 2k rpms it could be better.