ttocs

The momstangs rebuild

lmao!

pretty sick man. 

Its a sick world and I am just trying to be a happy guy. 

I really need to stop taking inspirational quotes from the character Dan Feilding from Night Court if your old enough to remember that show.....

got the bondo leveled out but still need to touch up a couple of small spots mainly right around the edge of the hole.  Was more concerned with getting the old handles spot leveled out and straight the edge will be easy to fix tomorrow.  Forgive the mess just threw a quick coat of primer on to make sure it was flat and only installed 2/3's of the screws holding it all in place to do a quick test.  I need to adjust the push rod a little so that it will unlatch earler as the idea of moving it up higher and back further was so if the window was open I could just push it and use the window ledge to pull back with.  Right now I still need to pull the handle to unlatch it but I didn't try adjusting the nut I put on it yet.  I was just too anxious to get it working and take a quick vid.  I do most of my work late at night as that is the time my stomach is normally not bothering me and my garage sucks for lighting so I will get some better pics in the daylight.  I swear taking the warts off seems to have completely changed the look and style of the door but in the dark with black primer it doesn't show at night.  Also waiting for my battery to recharge to test out the led lighting in it will do that tomorrow as well but could not be any happier with it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVOX_Gc3qs

great build!! door handles are sweet!! i first seen them on a truck 2 years ago (pic included) ive thought about them vs completely shaved door handles on my new edge, still undecided

See I too originally planned on just shaving them but I still like to go to the track for a good time and realized they would not pass tech with no handles.  I saw them on power block and it was one of those things I was pissed about as I knew I was going to buy them sooner or later.  Shaving would have been a lot easier and cheaper as that was the first part of the project but I like the mix of form and function that these offer but like so many other cool car parts, they ain't cheap(but worth it).

I have just a little bit to do around one edge but its in and working with the led now.  Strange how bright it is in the pics as it isn't that noticeable in person really. Its just enough to show which side to push on and the whole package from its looks to operation is as smooth as I could hope for.   Now I get to start on the other side

1898085_596484500433034_443574979_n.jpg

1013211_596484497099701_2085042040_n.jpg

baller! cant wait to see all of your body mods in color!!!

Man tell me about it!  I am still hoping to have it on the road this summer but have a long way to go.  Hopefully the drivers side will go easier since I already have an idea what to expect.

I have no plans to shave them. I m considering smoothing them in so they look like one piece of the body and not an add-on.  Not sure if that makes sense, the grills would still be there but the seem that is between the fender/scoop or hood/scoop would be gone.  but I have seen them shaved completely and didn't like the look myself. 

I have just a little bit to do around one edge but its in and working with the led now.  Strange how bright it is in the pics as it isn't that noticeable in person really. Its just enough to show which side to push on and the whole package from its looks to operation is as smooth as I could hope for.   Now I get to start on the other side

1898085_596484500433034_443574979_n.jpg

1013211_596484497099701_2085042040_n.jpg

dam thats sick!!

its not a cheap ticket but now that I have one done I can say its worth the ride.  I think there might have been a couple of others interested.  I know they give a shop discount willing to bet they would give it to sell a few pairs at once.

Thanks so much for the compliments.  I have been feeling a little better lately, not perfect by any means but I have learned to take what I can get.  It seems I might have been right about the welding fumes bothering me.  I don't know anyone else I asked that welds has ever had a problem but then again the effect my churches incense has on me would make you believe in demonic posessions so go figure the burned fumes of what ever is in the metal bugs me...  Been fine since I bought the new miller papr system. 

I was really happy with how they turned out and to get the manf asking me to post pics so they can show it is flattering.  Maybe it could turn into more, idunno fingers crossed. 

Started on the drivers side today.  Amazing how fast it goes on the other side even when I hit what I thought was a BIG problem.  Got all the rivits drilled out easier this time but the glass would not budge from the rear mount.  Upon closer inspection a previous shitty repair left WAY too much glue for the glass/mount so that it had glued everything together that the rivet was supposed to hold.  Didn't know what to do as it seemed no matter what I did something was going to break.  Suddenly it occurred to me, PARTS CAR!!!!   I have one of anything I break right behind me on the parts car.  At that point the window seemed the easiest and least perminantly damaging rout to go so a center punch and a single push and the glass fell right out of the mount :)  The tint held most of it together so with my gloves I was able to lift it right out and of course the door will need to be vacuumed but it will need that after the install anyway to get the metal shavings out.  So now all I have to worry about is if that same shop did the same shitty repair on the parts cars drivers side window.

1959336_597378783676939_1608056792_n.jpg

F'you window #partscarftw

Already made the pattern for my patch panel and cut out the old door handle mount.

Anyone needs a set of fully functioning door handles pm me :P

If you do shave in the side scoops and hood scoops take a picture for me, that is my dream on my cobra.  I hate the way they have a body line right in the middle of those nice curves.

I have no plans to shave them. I m considering smoothing them in so they look like one piece of the body and not an add-on.  Not sure if that makes sense, the grills would still be there but the seem that is between the fender/scoop or hood/scoop would be gone.  but I have seen them shaved completely and didn't like the look myself.

Yes, not completely shaved , just the gaps that run around the scoops. I've never seen anyone do it, if you know of any pictures I'd love to see them.

Yes, not completely shaved , just the gaps that run around the scoops. I've never seen anyone do it, if you know of any pictures I'd love to see them.

ok cool that is the plan.  I think I am going to attempt a rear fender flair as well which should make a big change in the look.

Very good looking door handles! Nice work Scott.

thanks I could not be any happier with them.  Well I could if they cost a lot less but I think we all know you gotta pay to play!

almost have the drivers side handle finished.  Will save you from having to see all the same stuff over again and leave you with the start of my next project.  I am shaving the fuel door and while I am there I have been considering a small fender flare for some time now....

DSC011798531151394572568-02fd0bde22.jpg

DSC011818160991394572611-49dab161c8.jpg

Not sure I am brave enough yet......

If you do shave in the side scoops and hood scoops take a picture for me, that is my dream on my cobra.  I hate the way they have a body line right in the middle of those nice curves.

We did this on my ex's car.. wish i would have taken pics during the process

228354_717173273702_4473336_n_zps61cb16e

228692_717173138972_377038_n_zpsbb96c1a9

229509_717173218812_1532591_n_zps9c6f626

226805_717173163922_3235132_n_zps0546785

228104_717173148952_6310736_n_zps369fb9d

oops just saw this... disregard above then lol

If you're shaving the fuel door, how are you planning on filling up? Sorry if I missed something here....

Where I'm going I won't need fuel.............

I will be building a custom system in the trunk and will make an easily removable hidden panel to cover it.

Did I do the line through the quote somehow?!

Where I'm going I won't need fuel.............

I will be building a custom system in the trunk and will make an easily removable hidden panel to cover it.

Did I do the line through the quote somehow?!

A trunk full of copper tops?

A trunk full of copper tops?

ha! and some reds pumps :P

edit: wait...did you mean cause "electric car" ?? lol thought u meant cause air ride its like hydros with all the batteries. never mind man faak it 

finally got back on my feet after my last hospital stay and decided to do some work on the car today.  After a lot of thought I planned on cutting the hose 4-5" above the trunk floor, rotating it 180 degrees and then inserting a piece of PVC 4-5" long into both ends of the hose and pushing them together probably with some sillycone to help seal the last 1/8" and two hose clamps on either end to hold it all together.  Today I popped the trunk to figure out where I was going to cut it and I guess this is the first time I have ever touched it.  I thought it was just a rubber hose but I guess it has a pipe around it?   Anyone know if that can come off?

started on the fuel door today.  First part of the project was modifying the filler neck.  I hoped to find another ford piece that would fit my needs but wasn't able too so I went ahead modifying the one I have.  Its a metal pipe protecting a rubber one inside that is connected at the top of the filler neck.  I started off by simple cutting it in a straight section where it goes through the floor.  I inserted a piece of pvc that had a little dab of rtv gasket maker on it between the two piece of hoses to seal them, this allowed me to rotate it 180 degree.  I put aluminum tape on top of the connection just to protect the rubber from the next step welding the pipe, and then some hose clamps to seal the hose to the pvc. 

5159511395709343-6cd0e89cac.jpg

5405491395709342-aab87a4483.jpg

2980551395709345-303131e0a1.jpg

3311241395709339-0bd105b0c3.jpg

Anyone see any part of this that could fail?  I am going to mount the original plastic cup that wen between the filler neck and the fender and has the drain at the bottom and make a cover to go over it that will seal it so there will be no problems with fumes as well.  Anyone see a point that going go wrong here please chime in.

plugged up that pesky hole in the fender today.  Happy to say that I feel like I learned more about my welding today and it was the best beads I have put down yet.  Not perfect by any means but it has not even been 7 months since I turned the welder on for the first time.

4897901395784509-229734b355.jpg

forgive the dust in the 2nd pic that is not warpage...

3466881395784507-0d5127fa79.jpg

Now I just have to figure out if I am actually brave enough, and good enough to pull off a fender flare.  I would like to see if I could do a 1/2"-3/4" to fit some 11" x 19" wheels for giggles but also don't want to mess this up.  Up too this point my parts car has been my back up, for example if the gas filler neck did not work I could just take the other out of the parts car and return it too stock or start over.  This time I think I am going to start it on the parts car too see if I like how it looks and if I think I could finish it off...

I did.  The only real data I could find on it being actually used and long term effects were by some jeep owners that used it as some kind of extension on their filler neck.  There were some warnings that it would not work and just as many saying they did it 10 yrs ago and its held up fine.  I decided I will keep the filler off of the parts car in case it does fail later I have one ready to modify and know what to do.  It will only be exposed to it when its filled so hopefully it will last.