smallblocksn95

Mustang 50th anniversary event in charlotte 2014

So, now who's going? According to their facebook page, March 15th is the last day to register.

FYI, here's the website with all the info: http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/charlotte/

What about the Mustangs Across America run leading up to it? Anyone doing that?

I'll probably be there but I'm probably not taking the car. $100 to get the car in for display only is just stupid as crap. I mean I could see $30-$40 if it was a judged show but that's ridiculous. $30 just to go park and walk in as a spectator. My car needs work, I can't afford to take it down there too.

We'll probably drive through Kentucky if you want to caravan

We will be in Charlotte starting Monday, we got a deal on a condo for a week

Here's a pic taken at the ZMax drag strip by some friends in attendance during the attempt to break the record for the most Mustangs driving at one time. They ended up with over 1,000 ponies registered for the cruise from Concord to Kannapolis.

Mustangs50th026.jpg

And here's a closeup showing how tightly packed together they were.

Mustangs50th022.jpg

There's a local story on the event here

Well mother nature definately killed my buzz. Still went out and parked my car in a swamp for $50. Turn out was way off with all the rain.

O well i guess i will have to wait til the 100th anniversary. I will still be driving the 94 then too haha

I heard from one guy who got his 2013 GHIG 5.0 up to 120 in 5th gear on the wet track. Others didn't fair so well - some fishtailing, some hit the infield, one 360, and one messed up his car hitting the wall.