Det_Riot

New Trans, Worse Numbers

Yupp, Swapped the tr3550 and ended up running times comparable to before my HCI was running right -__-

edit: I'll update later, I had about 11 runs.

previous best: 14.2@107 with a 2.45 60'

Yesterday's best: 14.0@98 with a 2.08 60'

huh? how is his reaction time playing into this.

10mph is pretty serious drop your car should most definetely be running quicker than this.

depends on how his track runs the light. ours changes between time starting on the green and time starting once the vehicle crosses the line.

they call it "time attack" or some gay shit.

107 which is where I think it would roughly be within a few mph 110 isn't by any means impossible with his car it's a low 12 second car with ease on a sticky tire .

we just need to swap my axle in one of these weekends..its seriously less then a days work... try it before you buy it wink.png

I'm pretty alright with this. Then we don't even need to pull out axles for your big brake kit!

scared to get a red light? punch it on the last yellow, LOL

huh? how is his reaction time playing into this.

10mph is pretty serious drop your car should most definetely be running quicker than this.

Yupp basically

Going in shallow will help time and speed a tiny little tid bit.

Going in shallow?

something doesnt add up, is the clutch slipping ? 10 mph is like 100 hp loss, what was 1/8 mph ?

No clutch slip, new clutch this past June

still have that ghetto rigged cable set up?

Fixed

Yea the bottom run is bang on mph and trap speed for the most part previous best you were frying em

Nope hooking and bogging for the most part even when launching at almost redline. The 14.0 run I had a little too much tire spin off the line

Get rid of your stock gears that will help out more then you think

I was trampling 107 on stock gears Lol

Say what ? He's rolling on stock gears ? Yea get some gears in that beetch

So basically here's what I think happened. When I swapped the tr3550 in, the previous owner said it was built to tko500 specs. Well by that I think he meant gear ratios. If that's what happened, my first gear dropped from a 3.35 in the t-5 to a 2.87 in the tr3550. I back checked off of an online gear to speed calculator and the numbers seem to make sense for the dramatic loss of mph. In order to make up for the gear loss in the trans, I'd have to run a 3.31 to put me back near 3.08 quality. And at least a 4.10 to put me to the equivalent of a 373 with a t5

Posted via Topify using Android

That's exactly it the gear ratios drastically can change with the gearing in these trans. How much psi are you running in those mt drag radials to , you should be able to cut 1.7-1.8 60fts with those. I've never used drag radials on a stick car because they can be violent

Well that explains why they were hooking and bogging. You didn't have enough gear to do any good :). And going in deep as known as deep staging, you roll in till you shut off they pre stage lights and just have stage lights lit

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

dude you didn't tell me last night you were sleeping at the light. holy 60 batman.

YELLOW

YELLOW

YELL

DUMP CLUTCH

OW

GREEN (at this point your foot shouldn't come off the gas pedal till you come through the traps)

HE GONE!!

because he carried that sleepiness right through his sixty foot lol

Time doesn't start until the car moves. I can see that 60' from him hooking and bogging way down

Time doesn't start until the car moves. I can see that 60' from him hooking and bogging way down

lol Mike you missed the sarcasm didn't you, that was me busting his balls. :trollface:

Shallow is when you stop as soon as the second stageing lights come on, barley moving into the beam, it is like having a 6 inch head start (hehe that sounded dirty)

Wow I really need to stop posting when I only sleep for an hour. For sinew rain I thought it said deep lol. setting your front caster alignment can also give you a little edge on the lights

Wow I really need to stop posting when I only sleep for an hour. For sinew rain I thought it said deep lol. setting your front caster alignment can also give you a little edge on the lights

Well now everyone knows both ways to stage, so now he just needs to pull off a perfect light and join the club. It was funny when I beat a guy with a faster time but he was sleeping at the line.

So fucking around at wok with some numbers and here's what I got:

3.90s

narebyhe.jpg

4.10s

e4yje8er.jpg

4.30s

u2enedyj.jpg

I'd post up the comparison to the t5 but I didn't take a picture that way. The 430s are equivalent to a t5 with 410s, 410s to 373s, 390s to like a 373. Hell id need a 331 to get back to a stock gear throughout the car haha now I just got to decide what gear is for me