SVTurbo 98

Blue Oval Bash at the Beach November 9th-11th

A friend of mine is hosting this event in Panama City Beach, Florida. It's going to be awesome! Post up if you're interested

Come one Come all and enjoy some fun in the sun with us. The Blue Oval Bash at the Beach is an Event that any Ford fan does not want to miss. We will be welcoming all Ford Models from all generations. This event has a little something for everyone. There will be Eating, Cruising, Go-carts, Drag Racing, Show-n-shines, plus much more.

We will be kicking the event off on Friday night November 9th @ 6:00pm. We will be meeting in the Target Parking lot in Pier Park(Panama City Beach, Fl). Once we get everyone together we will cruise around to Buffalo Wild Wings and grab some food and kick back a few drinks. After dinner we will chill and talk cars and have a good time. Late night Plans for that evening will be decided on at the event.

Saturday Morning November 10th we will be meeting back at the Target Parking lot @ 9:00am to get everyone together for the cruise to the dragstrip. We will pull out @ 10:00am Sharp. This cruise will be 56 miles long. I have chose a route with only about 4 traffic lights so we can keep everyone together. This cruise should be 75+ cars strong. We have already hired a few people to be set up at various places along the route to take a video of the cruise as it goes by.

The gates at the track open up on November 10th @ 11:00am and racing starts @ Noon. Along with some good ole Grudge racing we will also be having a few organized races. We will be doing a Quick 8 race, Pinks All out style 16 car field race, and a Reaction time race(No Electronics). A little something for everyone. The prizes for these races will be announced at a later time(Waiting for our Sponsor Support). The racing will go till shortly after dark.

Also at the same time the Racing is going on we will be doing a Show-N-Shine on the Spectators side of the track. The S-N-S is free to enter with paid Racer or Spectator admission. If you would like to show your car and race it also you are more than welcome to. The prizes for the Show-N-Shine will be announced at a later time(Waiting for our Sponsor Support).

Sunday morning November 11th will be a relaxing morning. We will Meet up @ 11:00am in the Target parking lot. From there we will decide where everyone wants to eat. After lunch around 1:00pm we will make our way to Hidden Lagoon Raceway to race some Go-carts. This track is the longest in the southeast. After the Go-carts everyone will say their goodbye's and head home and start planning to attend the next one.

Now for Pricing for the Dragstrip track rental. Racers will be charged $25 if they pre-pay. $50 if they wait till the day of the event. It will be $10 per person for the Spectator Fee. In the event that this event is rained out refunds will be happily given back or transferred to the next event. If for some reason you pre-pay and you are not able to make the event as long as I receive a 24 hour notice I will gladly refund your money. My PayPal e-mail is Mild2WildAudio@live.com please include your name, your screen name, the vehicle you will be bringing, and how you heard about the event(which website, or by word of mouth).

So a quick rundown of events:

Friday November 9th 6:00pm Meet and Greet.

Saturday November 10th 9:00am Cruise.

Saturday November 10th Noon Racing Starts.

Sunday November 11th 11:00am Brunch then Go-carts.

I am currently working on Hotel Discounts. I will update this first post once I get more info. Also just a heads up November 5th-10th the Emerald Coast Cruzin will be in town so Panama City Beach will be filled with classic cars all week then Ford Muscle on the weekend.

Just to let you all know this is a non-profit event. All of the extra money from the track day will be used as cash prizes for the winning racers.

We are still over 3 months away and our car count is over 60. I'll update this when I get more info but there's going to be a lot of interesting things that will happen between now and then...:biggrin: