NVRL8TE

Axles.

Where's the logic in this decision? And what are you trying to accomplish with the axles? New edge axles are .75 wider on each side than our car. If you want to run the same look to the tires, then you'd have to keep the 5/8 spacer, and would essentially be pushing out your wheels .75" wider since you have keep the spacers.....If you acquired a new edge Gt axle, would they clear your brakes? do they only not clear because you have cobra brakes?

Don't think you're gonna get it without changing wheels. Nomatter what combination of axles/axle housings, etc, the backspacing still needs to be there which you can only alter with spacers. Just buy some nice hubcentric ones

My axles need replaced. My wheels fit with 5/8 spacers, and I'm trying to get the wheel away from the caliper, without using spacers, while replacing my axles for as cheap as possible.

I'm sure that you heard this before from him, but you can definitely do it.

take the car to Shifter. pull the rear, cut the housing ends off, install 9 inch housing ends, weld the tubes, straighten it, add the appropriate length axles. no more c clips, the rear end is as wide as you want it, and its straight and solid. I can even rebuild the posi if you want while it's out, or you can install a new one... I've done a bunch of posi's in all different ways (upgraded S spring, convert to 31 spline, cobra spec upgrade, standard stock rebuild, whatever). Then there's the bracing options - shoot him a text and he will send you some pics.

or you can cut a section out to shorten the tubes. again get the custom axles, and you can make it whatever length you want. he has a jig that ensures that the tubes are dead straight in reference to the center points of the carrier mains.

There's plenty of options, so dont think its a dead end for your goals. Call me and we can talk more if you want man!

I'm sure that you heard this before from him, but you can definitely do it.

take the car to Shifter. pull the rear, cut the housing ends off, install 9 inch housing ends, weld the tubes, straighten it, add the appropriate length axles. no more c clips, the rear end is as wide as you want it, and its straight and solid. I can even rebuild the posi if you want while it's out, or you can install a new one... I've done a bunch of posi's in all different ways (upgraded S spring, convert to 31 spline, cobra spec upgrade, standard stock rebuild, whatever). Then there's the bracing options - shoot him a text and he will send you some pics.

or you can cut a section out to shorten the tubes. again get the custom axles, and you can make it whatever length you want. he has a jig that ensures that the tubes are dead straight in reference to the center points of the carrier mains.

There's plenty of options, so dont think its a dead end for your goals. Call me and we can talk more if you want man!

I think you're missing the point. No matter how short or long he makes his axles, his wheels are going to clear his brakes in the same way.....

I think you're missing the point. No matter how short or long he makes his axles, his wheels are going to clear his brakes in the same way.....

You are right, i missed that in the OP! He did mention replacing the axles, so I was covering that aspect. sounds like two issues here - one is the need to replace the axles, the other one is the wheel selection / brake fitment. IMO, bigger wheels will solve the clearance issue, or the spacer can be used if you want to keep the same wheels.

You are right, i missed that in the OP! He did mention replacing the axles, so I was covering that aspect. sounds like two issues here - one is the need to replace the axles, the other one is the wheel selection / brake fitment. IMO, bigger wheels will solve the clearance issue, or the spacer can be used if you want to keep the same wheels.

Haha no problem! Your post was useful though so it didn't go unseen :) he was asking if he could swap axles to run his current wheels without a spacer.

Are you trying to get rid of the spacers because you think they are causing the vibration? It is highly unlikely that a spacer would cause a vibration. If you just need to replace axles anyway, then buy ones for your current housing and continue to run spacers.

Kurt