F8L GT

Split port swap questions

Im doing a split port swap for a customer and it is my first one. Im opening this thread for any questions that I may have along the way. To start off, I have the passenger head on and torqued down. Now, he brought me everything from an 01, complete with rockers, push rods, the whole top end. Do I use the stock 96 rockers and rods or the 01?

What's the best way to do the coolant lines since the old tube that went from the water pump and ran over the intake is now gone in way of the tube mounted to the read of the split port intake

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

What's the best way to do the coolant lines since the old tube that went from the water pump and ran over the intake is now gone in way of the tube mounted to the read of the split port intake

do you have all the 99-04 hard coolant lines? they are a must for the conversion.

do you have all the 99-04 hard coolant lines? they are a must for the conversion.

No, he did not get those. He bought a top end off someone on corral. came with the heads, intake, fuel rail, injectors, pig tails, and filter housing/maf tube

No, he did not get those. He bought a top end off someone on corral. came with the heads, intake, fuel rail, injectors, pig tails, and filter housing/maf tube

you're going to need them or make your own with tee's and flex hose, but I'd recommend just getting the hoses from ford.

you're going to need them or make your own with tee's and flex hose, but I'd recommend just getting the hoses from ford.

Ok, I'll let him know. I told him to join the source also

After getting this thing running, it ran like shit. Ran like it had a huge vacuum leak. Aster running for sometime, noticed coolant leaking from the gurney of the drivers side head. While pulling the head off I found a bent push rod. So I think I find my issue with the shitty idle. When putting the head back on, noticed there's something keeping the head bolt from freely going all the way in. So I think I found where the coolant is coming from. I don't think the head bolt was torqued right because of this. Fingers crossed