WildWillyWalker

My Saleen Current - Stuff

I'm removing my subs, amp and rear seat to make a rear seat delete and possibly incorporate subs into that. My plans aren't set yet though. I think i may sell everything and get a smaller amp and 1 or 2 subs. I have some more wiring to remove before I can take out the back of the rear seats. I don't want to cut any wires except for the ones that went to my subs because they don't cost much. To give you an idea, I weighed my box, amp and 3 subs which came to 120 lbs! My freaking rear is sitting to high now. My car has a rake to it and I can't adjust my controls arms any lower. ;(

jyba3uvu.jpg
y6y3uny4.jpg
ty9upyra.jpg

No spare... But lots of dynmat.
uvygadyr.jpg
a7y8equv.jpg
ny3yna8e.jpg
anaqy3aj.jpg
3utu9yqa.jpg
e6evyma7.jpg
taze6y3y.jpg
6y6e4atu.jpg
hu6ygeza.jpg
ehe8y2aj.jpg
8asebury.jpg
6a5y5ehu.jpg

Apparently this amp used to be around $1k. They currently range from $425-$6xx on eBay to buy now.
qyba9yta.jpg
a4e9e5a9.jpg
unaredu5.jpg

That amp is a serious setup! Just looked it up and holy crap, 1100 watts x 1 @ 1 Ohm...that'll pound your chest a bit lol. I used to have a Memphis sub in my car, I put waaaay too much power to it for years before it finally separated the cone, they can definitely take a beating.

Nice gear man, I love Memphis Audio ... Can't wait to see what you come up with... If ur system slows you down that's what more powers for

exactly! and besides, you need the weight to rock that killer stance you have.

I have a box with two 8's in my trunk and a sony xm1 slim line amp under the drivers seat. it may weigh in at 50 lbs total. it kicks too. just pointing that out because you can save some weight there.

that memphis stuff is AWESOME. I bet you could sell (ebay) the subs - individually, sell the amp, whatever the box, and build a new system for less than 200 bucks and still save some serious weight in the process.

any reason behind the rear seat delete? i hope you're not doing that for the car audio benefts!

exactly! and besides, you need the weight to rock that killer stance you have.

I'm hoping to cure all stance issues after winter with air ride - money allowing. My 3 gallon air tank just arrived so I can figure out if I want to incorporate that in my RSD, which I believe I do.

I have a box with two 8's in my trunk and a sony xm1 slim line amp under the drivers seat. it may weigh in at 50 lbs total. it kicks too. just pointing that out because you can save some weight there.

that memphis stuff is AWESOME. I bet you could sell (ebay) the subs - individually, sell the amp, whatever the box, and build a new system for less than 200 bucks and still save some serious weight in the process.

any reason behind the rear seat delete? i hope you're not doing that for the car audio benefts!

I have a few reasons for an RSD.

1. No one can really sit in the back due to my bucket seats and harness bar so why keep my Saleen seat which may get messed up.

2. I like the idea of putting an air tank in the RSD.

3. I WANT TRUNK SPACE!!! This is not what a Mustang owner should say but I hate only being able to fit two chairs in my trunk area. I have a 10x10 tent which I'd love to be able to take with me to car shows. If I can remove a piece from the back of the RSD, then I may be able to fit the tent.

I'm hoping to cure all stance issues after winter with air ride

sorry....all i see here is this! you guys and you bagged mustangs...dammit man!! the epic mustang week photoshoot that could've been next year had i not sold my fn mustang. :frusty::pout:

sorry....all i see here is this! you guys and you bagged mustangs...dammit man!! the epic mustang week photoshoot that could've been next year had i not sold my fn mustang. :frusty::pout:

You can build another you'll be bored of all the power in that s10 anyways

3. I WANT TRUNK SPACE!!! This is not what a Mustang owner should say but I hate only being able to fit two chairs in my trunk area. I have a 10x10 tent which I'd love to be able to take with me to car shows. If I can remove a piece from the back of the RSD, then I may be able to fit the tent.

this for sure. That alone is the biggest reason i haven't done anything with my rear seats and trunk space. when we go to carlisle and such, we bring a 10x10 tent and luggage and cleaning supplies and a cooler and etc. i need to have the room for it.

So I haven't posted in here lately because I haven't done anything. After my car got hit in the quarter, I was going to wait until it got fixed. Figured they would need to take the interior quarter trim panel off for the quarter scoop. I was supposed to drop it off two Mondays ago but then it got hit the Friday before. Ugh. So I had to get everything from the insurance company for that. Finally dropped it off this past Monday. First pictures are of the damage. Others [MENTION=172]Sleeperstang1994[/MENTION] sent me which made me cringe when I received them, lol.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

post-10-13881839865267_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839866102_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839866951_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839867852_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839868781_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839869622_thumb.jpg

That really sucks Sean, I'll cross my fingers that your car has better luck in 2014. Not sure if you remember that my Scion got smashed in the rear quarter around the same time, but I STILL don't have it back and it went to the body shop 3 days after it happened. Around $5k-ish damage lol, I'm surprised they didn't just total it. Then add 5 weeks so far of a 2013 Ford Edge rental at $40/day...lol they're over-investing for sure.

So I haven't posted in here lately because I haven't done anything. After my car got hit in the quarter, I was going to wait until it got fixed. Figured they would need to take the interior quarter trim panel off for the quarter scoop. I was supposed to drop it off two Mondays ago but then it got hit the Friday before. Ugh. So I had to get everything from the insurance company for that. Finally dropped it off this past Monday. First pictures are of the damage. Others [MENTION=172]Sleeperstang1994[/MENTION] sent me which made me cringe when I received them, lol.

This is so sad to see but atleast it's getting taken care of

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That really sucks Sean, I'll cross my fingers that your car has better luck in 2014. Not sure if you remember that my Scion got smashed in the rear quarter around the same time, but I STILL don't have it back and it went to the body shop 3 days after it happened. Around $5k-ish damage lol, I'm surprised they didn't just total it. Then add 5 weeks so far of a 2013 Ford Edge rental at $40/day...lol they're over-investing for sure.

Oh I remember. That was some nasty damage and put my small spot to shame, haha. The quarter is going to be around $1100 and the fender is around $1200. However, I actually had planned to get my hood painted because it has a bunch of rock chips. However, there are some cracks near the vents and they wouldn't fix that under the insurance so I have to pay labor fees for them to fix the cracks. Then I plan on having a clear bra put on the front of the hood. This is where I'm confused. They said to wait 10 days before having the clear bra installed but I know it takes about three months for paint to fully cure so... Idk.

The first accident occurred while the car was parked at my house and I wasn't home. Thankfully the woman left her information so it's all getting taken care of very well. Unfortunately, the second hit happened in my friend's driveway. His mom backed out of the garage perpendicular to my car and didn't see it. Heck, I felt horrible because she was crying when she told me.

Sounds like in the end your car will come out looking even better than before, at least something positive will come of it all. :thumb:

Funny thing is after I posted that earlier I received a call around noon from the body shop saying it was ready lol. Got it back and they did an incredible job. Took 5 weeks, $4,200 in repairs and $1,450 of rental car fees but its finally fixed lol. Seems worth it so some dumbass white trash moron could pull out if her driveway without looking, right? Lol

The first cut I did when I started to do body mods was shaving the keyhole in the trunk. That one was a little hard at first but after that I didn't think twice about it. since then I have moved to bigger and bigger cuts and realize that now with a parts car behind in case something happens I can grab a part off of it. Its kind of fun to not have any serious limits and too look at something wonder what culd be done, and then doing it....

I want to Matte clear plasti dip my car cuz the blue looks so good without the clear coat lol. They're going to let it sit and put on new door/ bumper decals later this week. I'm changing to black decals thanks to josh. I've been thinking about black decals for a while and I think it will add to the stealthy look.

post-10-13881839886725_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839887146_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839887469_thumb.jpg

post-10-138818398877_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839888076_thumb.jpg

post-10-13881839888415_thumb.jpg