laddanator

New KB Arrived Today!

Its alot harder to do anything on an OBD1 vehicle. The computers are just not nearly as advanced and uptodate as OBD2. The advances from OBD to OBD2 were astounding. Now imagine the Current outgoing 2014 GT has roughly 46 individual processors that can communicate on multiple networks! Automotive technology really blows my mind when i think about it.....sorry tangent

Got my KB project almost done. Here is the first start up with a custom email tune from Fastlane Motor Sports. Need to neaten things up a bit under the hood and finish my gauge install. Snowing pretty bad here so I'm limited on what I could get done today. Man does this KB whistle sitting still.

Sweet! I didnt read the rest but what are your goals?

No big goals really. I'm getting older so HP is important but not as important as it was when I was in my 20's. I would be happy to see 400 rwhp eventually. I just want to feel a little get up and go when I'm cruising. Nothing too special. This is what this project consisted of

1. 320lph HP fuel pump

2. 47 # Ford Racing injectors

3. 90 mm Lightning MAF

4. 180 degree thermostat

5. SAI delete

6. EGR delete

7. IMRC delete

8. Off road x pipe

9. COP conversion

10. Kenne Bell 2.1 (6 pound pulley for now)

• Supporting Member

No big goals really. I'm getting older so HP is important but not as important as it was when I was in my 20's. I would be happy to see 400 rwhp eventually. I just want to feel a little get up and go when I'm cruising. Nothing too special. This is what this project consisted of

1. 320lph HP fuel pump

2. 47 # Ford Racing injectors

3. 90 mm Lightning MAF

4. 180 degree thermostat

5. SAI delete

6. EGR delete

7. IMRC delete

8. Off road x pipe

9. COP conversion

10. Kenne Bell 2.1 (6 pound pulley for now)

Very cool! I know them feels, I went for high HP too with my last build and while it was neat, I have realized I want much more from a car. My SN will be the first car I will do right, from the ground up and see through from beginning to end. Cannot wait. Love your ride btw, let us know how she is to drive. 

Lol at the word "neaten"

Did I miss something? :)

just got my vortech kit can't wait till the day I get to start it the first time....

It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. I think I have a small vacuum leak somewhere and it's driving me nuts! Smoke machine time. 

anything done to the internals of your motor yet?

No, not yet. The car is low miliage that I didn't want to go into the motor. I'm really only looking to get 400 HP or so out of the car. No big 700 HP dreams, just a little kick when I need it.

I honestly can not believe how loud this KB whistles. I can hear it over my exhaust 200ft away. It's getting up there with @95riosnakes whistle(Ok, maybe not lol)! Not sure if it's the cold weather or what but I love the sound!!

dang dude that's gonna be sick! 

Thanks! Here is another video. It's clearer and I cleaned up the engine bay a bit. I relocated my autometer fuel sensor to the body just below the CAI and I don't like the way the hose comes off the fuel rail so I'm having custom hoses made to clean the bay up more. Going to run some braided stuff down the road as well. Actually had to turn down the mic on my phone because of the whistle distorting the video! 

damn I like it and all but decided to go with the quiet vortech just because I like the sound of my exhaust already.  Now I have a ford GT on forza with a blower that I love the whistle of.

Nothing wrong with quiet. I'm more into the sound of things. If the snow ever goes away, I can take it for a no boost spin. :)

damn I like it and all but decided to go with the quiet vortech just because I like the sound of my exhaust already.  Now I have a ford GT on forza with a blower that I love the whistle of.

The V3? I have a V3 waitng to be installed. I can tell you not as quiet as you think - but in a good way.

laddanator - car sounds and looks great. Hows it run?

The V3? I have a V3 waitng to be installed. I can tell you not as quiet as you think - but in a good way.

laddanator - car sounds and looks great. Hows it run?

Runs great! Here is a video of my Dyno run.

Sounds awesome man! Can't say I'd run a kenne bell without the scream of a kenne bell but sounds awesome nonetheless! Stout numbers too!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome man! Can't say I'd run a kenne bell without the scream of a kenne bell but sounds awesome nonetheless! Stout numbers too!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Believe it or not, my KB has a little whine. The sound in that shop drowns everything out. A idle is where the whistle is the loudest. When I'm cruising thru the parking lots and such, I have people (mostly guys) asking me what charger I'm running. With saying that, the whine at WOT is no where close to the 2.8 for the 03-04 Cobras. I'm installing an 8psi pulley and a meth kit this summer.

Nice man, love it. Looks and sounds awesome. Have fun with it, and nice job with the install.

Thanks!

Thanks! Believe it or not, my KB has a little whine. The sound in that shop drowns everything out. A idle is where the whistle is the loudest. When I'm cruising thru the parking lots and such, I have people (mostly guys) asking me what charger I'm running. With saying that, the whine at WOT is no where close to the 2.8 for the 03-04 Cobras. I'm installing an 8psi pulley and a meth kit this summer.

Thanks!

I was wondering if the KB has the same type of whine at full throttle the 03-04 KB's have.

I was wondering if the KB has the same type of whine at full throttle the 03-04 KB's have.

Unfortunately not. It does have a small amount of whine at WOT and it hums (or whistles) pretty loud at idle or cruzing speeds. My boss came out when I cranked it the other day and asked me what was wrong with the engine, he could hear some kinda of whistling. He thought the belt was bad! lol