scottydsntknow

Anyone ever installed or seen a Tiger Racing T1 wing?

These guys apparently pulled the mold for the Saleen T1 wing a long time ago.  I rarely see them and I personally like the look of them I know its not for everyone.  Apparently Tiger Racing still has them at $395 plus $200 to ship.  $200 to ship seems like a bit of a rape... I already have a S281 wing but its chipping and needs repainted plus EVERYONE has a S281 wing.  

Is that a fair price or am I just being an idiot?  I know its my money and "do what you want" but I just wanted to get some opinions.  Also wanted to see if anyone has experience with Tiger Racing and their fit/finish.  

T1 Wing

DSC01175.jpg

Saleenblymyer4.jpg

My current whip.

P8141481_zps0a7e3a77.jpg

P8141482_zps4c4c7c55.jpg

You can't see it but the area where the top of the wing meets the decklid is chipping pretty good.  I have a bad feeling that the PO had the decklid/wing sprayed as one piece which is a big nono in my book.  Spray them separately, let them both dry for at least 2 weeks in a climate controlled room and then bolt them together with just enough torque to make it solid/secure.  

Some might see it as a downgrade I guess.  I dunno like I said I need to re-paint anyway so I figure I might as well look at a few different options or decide to stick with what I have.  

going to post these because i can.

IMG_0212_zps4107a250.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsdec166b8.jpg

as far as saleen vs. tiger racing...i have no idea which i have.  there are no markings on the spoiler anywhere and previous owner didn't know, nor did the previous previous owner.  i still have yet to see another car in person with a T1 so i can't really compare.  also as a heads up, the rear view mirror is now utterly worthless.

I just think it's dumb to call out "Fonbraing" when a $600 wing is being bought to add no performance to the car. Which many would be called "ricing" when done on an import level. Just a dumb comment to be made in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not calling out anything, I'm saying props to Prokiller for keeping the GT thing flying proudly when you see so many ppl with GTs throwing Cobra badges/bumpers etc... up.  I mean yeah I guess you could call it the same thing but I don't think it is.  

Also the T1 wing is functional and I plan to do the IRS, get my trans rebuilt and then start looking into some Road Racing classes where the downforce it provides actually would come in handy.  Plus, as was menioned, you NEVER see them.  I see my car on every forum and even in IRL.  Cobra hood, S281 wing.  Done to death.

I just think it's dumb to call out "Fonbraing" when a $600 wing is being bought to add no performance to the car. Which many would be called "ricing" when done on an import level. Just a dumb comment to be made in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you took his comment the wrong way. He was just saying he liked that Ryan is still rocking GT emblems and rear bumper, rather than trying to make the car look like a cobra.

I think you took his comment the wrong way. He was just saying he liked that Ryan is still rocking GT emblems and rear bumper, rather than trying to make the car look like a cobra.

My bad.. sorry i exploded. lol

Yeah I'm not calling out ppl who do it, you just seem to see way less ppl keep the GT stuff on a real nice SN95 like that than put on the snakes.  And I also think that putting a rare, functional wing that Saleen released (not some aftermarket ricer company) on a SN95 that even most Mustang guys have no clue what it is is cool.  

I guess I can add this biotch to my ever growing list of stuff for my tax return baller phase.  

I've got a t1 sitting in my shop I'm debating on getting my spare trunk lid and spoiler painted I'll have to shave the 3rd brake light again but it's not a big deal . I like the look of the T1 but to each there own

WOW!!  That wing brings back memories..  I remember back in 98 early 99 when i got the wing.  Wish i had the pics.  Car and wing has since been sold years ago.  How i got it was sure luck.  Goes like this.  My brother and i both bought 98 cobras new within a month of each other.  Mine chrome yellow and bros was laser red both coupes.  Installed saleen kit on mine with double stack wing and cobra r hood and wheels within a month.  Late in the summer of either 98 or 99 we both drove to saleen when they were  off Lake Forest to pick up a kit for my bros car.  At that time they had a little parts section to walk in and buy stuff straight from them.  There used to be a mystic sr mustang next to a receptionist right when u walked in.  when we walked into the parts showroom the t1 wing was jus sittin on the floor already painted chrome yellow.  Never saw the wing before so i asked what year it was for and they said 94-98 .  Sold the wing to me for 150 cause it was already painted and used but was pretty much new condition.  What i was told was at the time there was only 2 of them and was  on 2 saleens used for some road race events and that some fabricator up the street from saleen made them for saleen to test them out.  Asked if they still had the other 1 for my bros car but they said i bought the last of the 2.  The owner of the wing now is from San Diego Stangs.  

Sorry yes that's @Prokiller 's beautious T1 wing.

Sent from Space

I have a steeda race wing... That's not installed

Sent from Space

Lol! I ASSumed it was your new setup when you posted it.

On another note: The red S351 parked on gravel is a local to me WA car. He has had it through the shop I used to work at. Small world.

• Supporting Member

Lol! I ASSumed it was your new setup when you posted it.

On another note: The red S351 parked on gravel is a local to me WA car. He has had it through the shop I used to work at. Small world.

That's not Jeremy is it?

I had a Mach 1 and an '02 GT!  Isn't that close enough to an SN?  The 94-98 is the only one I haven't had....lol 

you know you want one....how about this one:

A72DFC6C-B39C-4A95-A2C0-255DCA77C364_zps

• Moderators

I had a Mach 1 and an '02 GT!  Isn't that close enough to an SN?  The 94-98 is the only one I haven't had....lol 

How many Mustangs have you had?  I'm missing Mustang II (never happen - ugliest Mustang if you can even call it that), early Fox, early S197 (never happen - second ugliest Mustang), and S550 from my repertoire.  Counting the one I will inherit in pieces one day - 1964.5, 1965, 1966 GT, 1993, 1995, 1995 GT, 2001, and 2013 GT.

EDIT:

Would love a 66 GT fastback to match my 66 GT coupe.  One came up on eBay last year for $32k, which seemed pretty steep even if I did have the money for it.  For such a rare color on a GT, I might be tempted one day.  I also want a 69 GT fastback before they get any more godawful expensive.

you know you want one....how about this one:

A72DFC6C-B39C-4A95-A2C0-255DCA77C364_zps

Unfortunately, I'm not a convertible guy...  :(

How many Mustangs have you had?  I'm missing Mustang II (never happen - ugliest Mustang if you can even call it that), early Fox, early S197 (never happen - second ugliest Mustang), and S550 from my repertoire.  Counting the one I will inherit in pieces one day - 1964.5, 1965, 1966 GT, 1993, 1995, 1995 GT, 2001, and 2013 GT.

EDIT:

Would love a 66 GT fastback to match my 66 GT coupe.  One came up on eBay last year for $32k, which seemed pretty steep even if I did have the money for it.  For such a rare color on a GT, I might be tempted one day.  I also want a 69 GT fastback before they get any more godawful expensive.

Well, I've had more modern Mustangs than anything... In this order. 

'02 GT

264011_10150229646883141_506053140_74106

'91 Notch

8529_1245042094312_2523960_n_zpsd699c0f6

'88 LX (turned into picture below, which is now owned by our lead engineer)

44547d36.jpg

20140203_221410_zpscba2d99e.jpg

'03 Mach 1

20130510_1908390_zps73a8d4a6.jpg

The 93 LX - The one and only at the moment.  

82695AA7-9428-4452-91EB-66C877093EBA_zps

... I had a DSG '03 GT for a short time.  (No, the red SN wasn't mine...)

26866_379071568140_6754801_n_zpsmewk9xeb

how do you know you don't like convertibles...you haven't owned one yet.

I've never had one BUT my dad had a '90 convertible GT that I used to drive back and forth to work every now and then.  After about 2 weeks, I realized that "Ice Ice Baby" was only cool for a short time, I got tired of skipping to the "rollin' in my 5.0" part... 

I too am interested in the chicane23.com t1wing. It's rape at 200 for shipping but it's just so beautiful! Should complement my car well

Edit: chicane23.com is selling them for 450 and for my shipping it was 100 bucks flat rate!! I heard horror stories of their shipping prices just thought you guys should know