Orange 94

Lets Talk XXR Wheels

Whats everyone's opinion on XXR wheels?

Yes, forged is better than knock off wheels. But forged is not a requirement. Most of the oem and replica wheels we all use are cast and are perfectly fine.

Just a brand I've looked at and they seem to have a fairly good reputation especially among mustangs. The price and sizing of the wheels is great too.

Personally, I dont think I'd use a set for track purposes. But for street use why not?

Anyone have experience or opinion on the brand?

Ive seen plenty of stories about them failing. But for the street, I mean, as long as you aren't doing douchey driving on them or hitting pit holes I suppose they're okay.

if you drive them into a pothole of course they're going to break. I run XXR's on both my miata and the racecar. Not one problem with running them, they're the same quality as any mustang replica wheel....

ah i see!

I also searched saleen wheel failure and found some too... also came across some really high end brand failure too...

It really hard to get actual evidence of why they failed. You could have fit something hard and cracked the wheels weeks before they actually failed.

true. I think you're probably fine. I'm just pointing that out! What style are you looking at??

yeah, I've been trying to research it as much as possible. I cant find any actual real evidence on wheels, just a bunch of forum people saying that their wheels were perfect and randomly blew up or they hit a curb and they blew up so they're bad?

Still makes me nervous though, when a wheel blows up it aint pretty. But I would be just using them for driving around and keep my bullitts for track and long road trips. At the same time my rear bullitts are replicas too... My friend has noticed slight bending in all (including the oem ones) while balancing, they may not have been perfect since ownership too though.

I wont seriously be looking at buying rims for another year yet, so I have plenty of time to look into it more.

they're the same quality as any mustang replica wheel....

^ This.

They are most definitely not as strong as a forged wheel, but they're the same strength as all the rep wheels you find on countless mustangs. They all come from China.

Shit, even Vossen wheels have a hater group online because some of their wheels have broken...and they aren't cheap wheels by any means.

I run replica Audi RS4 wheels on my daily, and I guarantee you they were made by a 5 year old chinese kid...but I know how to keep my eyes peeled for pot holes and I'm not exactly planning to enter my gas sipper in any races lol.

have a friend that has run XXR's for over a year now with no issues. seems just as good as any other wheel. people always give Rota's a bad name for failures as well. Just the simple fact that the majority of people will never driver their car or wheel in the type of situations where the wheel fails.

have a friend that has run XXR's for over a year now with no issues. seems just as good as any other wheel. people always give Rota's a bad name for failures as well. Just the simple fact that the majority of people will never driver their car or wheel in the type of situations where the wheel fails.

gregs99.jpg

Yea you'll be fine , I'm sure you know how to maneuver around pot holes , I'd be scared to hit a pothole with forged wheels too , potholes eat wheels , the city had to pay to repair one of 19 iforged wheels on my 350z before years ago it straight almost swallowed my car .

I look at them the same as Mustang replica wheels as well. I was planning on buying a set priorities changed and now I'm trying to make the move to a nice 3-piece wheel. Cheap wheels are more prone to breaking instead of bending but the odds of that happening are pretty slim. At least it won't cost as much to replace a cheap wheel. :)

They can't be worse then replica Saleens I had a set crack before 18x9 and 18x10's front drivers wheel cracked from the inside . The wheels were uncurbed or dented they lasted like 6 months from American muscle , I sold them for 400 with tires and scrapped replicas .

Yeah. I'm thinking xxrs will be good enough. I can monitor for cracking since I wash every week too.

I'm good at dodging potholes, manhole covers are what get me sometimes. I know the bad ones, but theres so many its impossible to dodge them the small ones.

A lot less drama about theae wheels over here...

I didnt really see it as drama. 

I'm assuming you're talking mostly about ferocious? 

He was making a point which I understand and respect, but I personally dont agree with. I'm sure he feels exactly the same way back. :)

My money, car and opinion. His money, car and opinion.

• Supporting Member

I think the XXR's are quite nice looking and a great alternative. That said, to someone elses point, if one does break it is very inexpensive to replace! 

I didnt really see it as drama. 

I'm assuming you're talking mostly about ferocious? 

He was making a point which I understand and respect, but I personally dont agree with. I'm sure he feels exactly the same way back. :)

My money, car and opinion. His money, car and opinion.

Yup probably me lol.

The first thing I mentioned in my post was actually that you'll be fine to run them. The chances of them breaking are slim to none if you know how to drive.

Even wheels that were created by god's hands himself will find a way to break. People just like talking shit about them because they're not 'up to par' with high end wheel manufacturers in terms of quality and design, which is mainly my opinion on them as well.

If they made a badass original wheel for a cheap price that I really liked, I would probably be the first to grab them.

i'v been looking hard at xxr wheels for when i get a mustang. to me if they can handle the abuse that the stance guys put them through running crazy stretched tires with ZERO suspension travel they can handle an average mustang with 295/30's lol. i like the 526 wheels cause of the fat ass lip :)

i'v been looking hard at xxr wheels for when i get a mustang. to me if they can handle the abuse that the stance guys put them through running crazy stretched tires with ZERO suspension travel they can handle an average mustang with 295/30's lol. i like the 526 wheels cause of the fat ass lip :)

Those are the ones I'm looking at. There's also a set that hasnt been released im looking at too, also has a nice dish.

• Supporting Member
iaNcqLf.jpg

I still like the 526s.... I think I want to go multispoke and the 526s have the perfect fitment.

I seriously think I am in love. I could be way off, but those remind me of the old racing heart c5's. I was young when I saw them and could be wrong, but that's my speed. Either way, I want.

• Supporting Member

I really want to see what dishs they come with. I'm not a fan of having large dish all the way around, I like rear deep dish.

Same. Please dont ruin this for me lol... I hope they offer a non lip or small lip version...

No idea, I hope soon. gotta be within the next 11 months :P

That sites seems to be the best for xxr's. Seems to be the best prices too, apparety yes you can save money on xxrs :P

No idea, I hope soon. gotta be within the next 11 months :P

That sites seems to be the best for xxr's. Seems to be the best prices too, apparety yes you can save money on xxrs :P

finding a local dealer for XXR's probably the best way to go. I got the roush's platinum 18x11 wheels for $800, no tax or shipping since it was local.

• Supporting Member
assume a smaller offset means a bigger lip. But I have a feeling that they are standard deep dish wheels...
i hope not! I don't mind a small lip on front but not deep...

finding a local dealer for XXR's probably the best way to go. I got the roush's platinum 18x11 wheels for $800, no tax or shipping since it was local.

Local dealer in canada? I highly doubt there is one near me. There's a good one in van, but they don't carry everything and its cheaper to buy from this site and drive to border storage to pick up.