Forcefedhatch

full pushrod swap into new edge.. from v6 to v8 powaz!!

Donor car.. I know you all hate to see it.. but it's a salvaged car.. so F it!!

post-86-13919139283117_thumb.jpg

The new chassis. . Still runs. . But burns as much coolant as it does oil.. solid foundation

post-86-13919140238629_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Remove the whole engine harness, ecu harness, dash harness,body harness, trunk harness,.. he'll I even removed the door and trunk lid harnesses! !

Easiest to pull dash and harness as one piece.. keep it together!!.. This way when you pull the other cars dash and harness, you'll know where every clip and harness plug as well as dash mounted sensors etc. Are mapped out..

post-86-13919141690056_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Remove the rear end (if you plan on using it in the other chassis).. I am using this cause for one.. fully built, and two.. The chappy open diffed 7.5 just simply won't do.

post-86-13919143664328_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919143817254_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919143986751_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Harness removal.. best bet and idea is to get some white masking tape and a sharpie.. label the plugs and locations like crazy!!

post-86-13919146763489_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919146963439_thumb.jpgpost-86-1391914711978_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919147533702_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919147811405_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

After all is done.. let's get to the fuel system.. I removed the whole tank with fuel pump installed. . Will it be a direct swap.. dunno.. but ill have it just in case.. best to get the filler nozzle as well!!post-86-13919149721901_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919149996347_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Now the fuel system.. I used a 3/16" drill bit and drilled out the line clips that are pop riveted to the chassis.. As to removed them as a whole assy..!!! Caution me sure your car is stable on jack stands during removal or whenever under the vehicle!!!!..

Also there are a few 8 mm bolts on the body for the fuel filter brackets etc.. I removed these as well.. made this a single removable item.. (don't forget to disconnect the plastic fuel lines from the steel, I kept the plastic connected to the engine as a full plug and play removal.. just like the engines harness is still on the engine, just unplugged from the main source on the firewall)post-86-13919154199128_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919154399806_thumb.jpg

The lines will be dirty, rusty etc.. it's cool.. just a lil wire brush and some rustoleum rattle car will make them pretty again.. and preserve the life of them..

Galaxy S4 Active

Too cold to get the garage door open and pull engine etc.. so I made the rear end pretty before install in other car.. hammer finish paint.. and some sealer and undercoating on the gas tank..

Also the paint used..de2azepa.jpg

Always remember. . Degrease, and clean the surfaces up first. . This stuff is awesome

gamepa4y.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Next remove the exhaust system, and any lower harnesses, trans cross member bolts.. and prepare for engine and trans removal....

Once trans and engine are removed.. your not done with the donor car yet.. you WILL need the k member from this vehicle as well.. I would just remove the whole suspension etc. As well.. Fox guys will buy that stuff for front 5 lug conversions all day long.. your removed parts can and will be usable to someone else.. In this case, one man's trash IS another man's treasure!

Galaxy S4 Active

Few spring time teaser pics and motivation!!

post-86-13919160770959_thumb.jpgpost-86-13919160895232_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

We have no inspections here.. so it's all good.. Also called insurance and let Em know they said cool.. and rates won't go up!!

Galaxy S4 Active

Btw***don't forget, you will need your gage cluster and dash accessories from the donor car.. many items will not interchange! !***

4aje7a7y.jpg

And as you all may know.. This has been an oddly cold year.. so I'm at a halt till warmer weather dawns upon us..This is where the new chassis will sit till then.. may drive it here and there.. but open diff on 18" low pros=no go!!

u2a8agyj.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Also a word of advise.. These cars are not new.. so during disassembly you may/will destroy some of the bushings..I went ahead and ordered a 99--04 cars complete master bushing kit from prothane.. 200.00 well spent I believe... even better if you are keeping the stock control arms front and rear...

Galaxy S4 Active

Thanks guys..

Galaxy S4 Active

This is wicked dude , I vote turbo this one too ;) your so good with turbo kits

This one will see forced induction of some sort.. but next year.. doing my version of baby steps lol.. just going to get it up and running this year.. get any bugs worked out.. then upgrades next year..

Galaxy S4 Active

Thanks guys..

Galaxy S4 Active

This one will see forced induction of some sort.. but next year.. doing my version of baby steps lol.. just going to get it up and running this year.. get any bugs worked out.. then upgrades next year..

Galaxy S4 Active

Oh hell yea dude I'm very excited

Removed the v6 rear bumper to look for any rust.. nothing!!! .. cleaned the surface.. and sprayed with lizard skin.. ready for the new bumper install!post-86-13926017286314_thumb.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

Also I installed the sequential taillight wiring assy.. All tested and works flawlessly!!

Galaxy S4 Active

Btw for those that were wondering. . There was a huge crease and dent on the right side.. to get that out of a poly type or oem type bumper. . It's very simple.. use a heat gun or in my case my wife's industrial hair dryer lol.. heat the area that's damaged and the surrounding 3 to 4 inches (just so the material flexes uniformly.. When it's heated it's very pliable and shapable).. Once it's nearly too hot to touch, from the rear, slowly reshape and let it cool down a few times (once again preventing warpage, as well as retraining the material of its new or original permanent psition)

You can see where the crease was, it was nearly indented 3.5".. and it bounced right back!!.. now some 220 grit sanding and light filler will finish the body repair aspect of it..

Before

esehuzen.jpg

After..

ezegygy6.jpg

Galaxy S4 Active

i have so much stuff i want to do on my car, sitting in boxes at home.  i cannot make myself get out into the cold to do that shit haha when you swapping stuff back into ol blue?

Lol. Olé blue.. dunno it's fate yet. There are many usable parts for others to enjoy.. and soo many people want and need stuff..soo it's still highly probable it's getting parted out.. especially since it's still not street legal due to the salvaged title

Galaxy S4 Active

Lol. Olé blue.. dunno it's fate yet. There are many usable parts for others to enjoy.. and soo many people want and need stuff..soo it's still highly probable it's getting parted out.. especially since it's still not street legal due to the salvaged title

Galaxy S4 Active

whoa whoa, the salvage title makes it illegal to drive on the street down there???  wowsa :(

Everyone may notice.. These are stock motor mounts.. Also I have a new stock trans mount coming too.. The reason is.. With the cam, and engine shake.. I still want a smooth comfortable idle and ride.. I want it to lobe nice at a light. . But I don't want it to shake the car loose bolt by bolt.. poly would have been a good choice.. but.. This is a weekend cruiser.. not a race car.. This thing will see all types of road time..and I want to remain as comfy as possible.. I think the lowered suspension will jarr me around enough lol..

Galaxy S4 Active

Well.. finished purchasing suspension.. and the last bit of parts I'm buying..

Got kyb gr2 shocks and struts

post-86-13930013771235_thumb.jpg

Inner and outer tie rods..

And finally some Ford racing caster camber plates..

post-86-13930014279384_thumb.jpg

And that completes everything for this car.. All new drivetrain, suspension, and then body work will finish it off with some nice matte black plasti dip action!!

More progress and installation stuff coming soon!!

Galaxy S4 Active