Tony

project "mall crawler" :p

looking good tony.  do you have before and after pics of the mirrors?  i don't know what you mean by relocated them?

thanks ryan...they are normally mounted on the door hinge. i put them on the windsheild bracket.

where they normally go

11002.10.jpg

dash is finally complete and installed. i redid the whole steering wheel but threw this cver on it as i know the dye will prolly come off over time from grabbing it so much.

DSCF8831_zpsecc2c13d.jpg

DSCF8840_zpsa6bc20ad.jpg

DSCF8826_zpsdcdb9db2.jpg

DSCF8827_zps833763a5.jpg

DSCF8837_zpscebe2555.jpg

Man that looks awsome!! Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Dash turned out wicked!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thanks allot guys...appreciate it :)

so before i put these seats in i need to get this refrigerator....i mean console in. you guys remember what it looked like when i yanked it

DSCF8722_zps6e75c1aa.jpg

the arm rest pad material was shitty so i found some material that matches my seats perfect and refinished the console.

old material

DSCF8853_zps26086db9.jpg

DSCF8854_zps1c762e7a.jpg

DSCF8861_zps2e5f229c.jpg

got these awesome seats out! my god man seat bolts are a biiiiiiiitttccchhh!!!!!!!!  :angry: like the first time ya have to break an old ass bolt loose...but ALL THE FUCKING WAY OUT lol daaam!

any who, the console is finally in and it too was a tad bit of a struggle but its in :)

bye bye

DSCF8869_zpsb502c25b.jpg

these will hopefully be in today??

DSCF8868_zps18e146f1.jpg

DSCF8880_zps8bea0cbf.jpg

these pics do no justice as to what a difference this interior has become. it's like sitting in a brand new wrangler. i drove it when it was nice ou with the top down and doors off and the road noise is nearly gone from the little bit of sound deadening i did. very happy with it so far!

instead of just slapping the seat brackets on the sliders my @95riosnake ocd kicked in and i sanded, scotchbright and repainted the sliders and seat brackets. you can really see them when the doors are off so they needed it as u can tell

DSCF8884_zps9f0f0486.jpg

DSCF8888_zpsfa4f3bbe.jpg

DSCF8886_zps810e1776.jpg

paints still wet so thats why it looks so blotchy. used more of the rhino liner spray on them except for the seat belt part. just some black vinyl paint.

DSCF8890_zps857ba7d9.jpg

Haha, it's tough to ignore the OCD whispering in your ear isn't it? Love how the interior is coming along Tony!

Has anyone ever slapped a small turbo on a wrangler? That would be pretty sick, give you a modest power bump and would sound badass of course :)

Haha, it's tough to ignore the OCD whispering in your ear isn't it? Love how the interior is coming along Tony!

Has anyone ever slapped a small turbo on a wrangler? That would be pretty sick, give you a modest power bump and would sound badass of course :)

lol idk man...i'm sure somebody at some point boosted a 4.0

got one seat in fellas. again...the pics do no justice as to how nice this interior is coming together. i'll get the other seat in tomorrow and get better shots.

0a8dcca2-41f6-4cd8-98f3-a3fe2e1093f9_zps

DSCF8896_zps34492a9a.jpg

@95opal ....think this console looks a little better now? just wondering your opinion. i'm kinda dig it now lol. 

Yes Banks makes a turbo kit for the wrangler 4.0 that people are having good results with.  I have a buddy that's considering putting it on his in the near future.

Tony that interior looks awesome!  I love the seats

I missed the tweeter install earlier.  Did you by chance cover or seal the back of the tweete off to the vent?  If you didn't I would just take a piece of your sound damping and put on the back or I would be afraid that the heating/cooling that it would see could cause two problems.  First - condensation will probably form both on the outside of the tweeter as well as inside and could short it out or lead to corrosion later.  The expansion/contraction that it could see for example if you got in on summer day when it was 110 inside the car and then slam the ac on the back of it could also cause problems.  Looks good though and sonically speaking not a a horrible location either.

thanks @Steve-Oh :)

@ttocs the tweeters are great man, location just right and i gorilla glued the vent closed in the back. kinda why i molded them out a tad. the 1 1/4" pvc is sitting against the closed vent pieces if that makes sense lol. 

hats off tony.. that's lookin sweet, although I still wouldn't pay that crazy price for the console. lol Nice job on everything

yea no doubt, i wouldn't pay half that for it lol. thanks rich

gotcha dats cool.  Might not be a bad idea just to throw a piece of duct tape on the back closed vent pieces just to be sure.  Like I said you get in on a cold winter morning and turn the heat on, or a hot summer day and turn the ac on and  am afraid the tweets would fail with the extreme change in temps so fast. 

So how long you gonna keep this one?  We should start an over/under bet :P an no tony you can't  participate sorry

hahaa! keeping it for a while man. although i def still plan to get a mustang. this will be my fishing/camping/trail ridding toy. i need some mustang exhaust note in my life still :( 

next project is these terrible looking headlight trim rings. cheap ass ugly rusted chrome. i'm not a "chrome guy" any way so this will all be going textured and flat black. 

found some headlight guards at worthmans (local junk yard) that are in great shape just need refinished.

also a lower grille guard that also needs refinished but found all this for $65 :)

b3e853d6-a544-4d75-bbdc-d3b32ea0c33d_zps

DSCF8946_zps05b4d260.jpg

DSCF8956_zpsde8b0ec1.jpg

DSCF8952_zps64ad3782.jpg

DSCF8955_zps5edc84d6.jpg

My inspiration! :o

lol...once you get the little bugs worked out on your tj i know you'll love it. i'm hooked on jeeps now no doubt. i love this little thing man...love it 

How did you dye the door panels? I'm really considering changing my interior to black. Yours is simply amazing! I dont have a center console though.

Also how did you relocate your mirrors? Sorry for all the questions but I take my doors off at work and its always a pain not having any mirrors!

Well since the doors should be off pretty much all the time Tony, that color difference shouldn't be an issue! ;)

Sent from Space

egg zackly :P

here's a pic with the doors on...eeehhh don't really bother me that they're grey fuck it lol.

DSCF8909_zps1488ac50.jpg

got my headlight trim rings and guards done. what an improvement this is.

DSCF8962_zps890651bd.jpg

DSCF8957_zps4b389e34.jpg

DSCF8963_zpsabdddd9b.jpg

DSCF8966_zps14fb2130.jpg

DSCF8968_zpsf11d13af.jpg

DSCF8981_zpse612cf3c.jpg

i'm not going to put this on till i get my front bumper refinished and put on

DSCF8980_zps2aec23e6.jpg

DSCF8984_zpsd7420882.jpg

DSCF8987_zpsc1a838cc.jpg

Come on man you can't take the time to completely disassemble the dash, paint it and not paint match the door panels lol....but if I can see if you're not going to have doors on most of the time anyways then fuck it. 

Come on man you can't take the time to completely disassemble the dash, paint it and not paint match the door panels lol....but if I can see if you're not going to have doors on most of the time anyways then fuck it. 

lmao...you're kinda right though  <_<

idk man i might get a hair up my ass and do them lol. 

I'm really enjoying the progress on this, you do fantastic work tony.
Ever thought about starting a buisness?

PS, I'm still pretty butthurt that you're not bagging the fuck out of it.

I'm really enjoying the progress on this, you do fantastic work tony.

Ever thought about starting a buisness?

PS, I'm still pretty butthurt that you're not bagging the fuck out of it.

thanks OJ my man i appreciate that. never thought about opening up shop but i have worked in the custom car field before so i have a little bit of experience under my belt.

so being that i'm still not quite caught up in all the differences between the yj, tj, cj, rubicon etc....i bought this bumper used from a guy claiming it fits a tj. was worried if it DID actually fit so i put it on before doing any kind of body work thinking i'd just yank it back off and refinish it....well fuck all that lol. this little fn thing was  HUGE pita so its on for good ha! plus it's kinda easier having it stationary as its a heavy sumbitch!

DSCF8991_zps3d7b3347.jpg

DSCF8992_zps636cc67b.jpg

DSCF8993_zps3a7a77bc.jpg

DSCF8994_zpsd9fd4f7b.jpg

finally did my passenger side mirror this morning. just need to let it dry and bolt the mirror on

DSCF8995_zps2103e28a.jpg

picked these lights up from autozone on the clearance rack for $9.99 each...pfff hell yes! im going to mount them on the bumper somehow.

DSCF8996_zps42b67597.jpg

Yeah those tube bumpers are pretty heavy. Nice work tony

Sent from Space

lol hell yes they are. prolly not 9,000 lb's but close :P

she's all done now. been on this bumper since yesterday lol. came out awesome though i love it.

DSCF9007_zpsaf635030.jpg

DSCF9010_zpsf5d3acff.jpg

DSCF9011_zps7ab44aab.jpg

yes i riced it with a sticker :)