scottydsntknow

Got new meats today, still can't quite decide on rims tho...

Some pics of the "stretch".  Some may like it, some won't, some may call me a ricer etc...  Rear is flush with the rim lip, up front the lip is just a touch out.  I like it the car rolls easier now too not to mention it feels a lot better just overall.  

Also please excuse the disaster that is my garage currently.

Front:

0406140139b_zpsgvr9pbd6.jpg

0406140139c_zpsrx86hgrz.jpg

Rear:

0406140140_zpst4dyobmf.jpg

0406140140a_zpstf5dgfyu.jpg

Even if you don't like the way the tires sit, you ALL have to admit this is nothing compared to some of the stuff out there.  And I'm even seeing some OEM cars coming similar to this now.  At any rate BFG specs the front tires for up to a 9" rim and the rears to an 11" so they're technically within limits lol.  

I think they look just fine. Nothing ricer about it. It's my understanding that the slight stretch like you have is better from a performance aspect than the slight bulge that most everyone runs instead.

I think they look just fine. Nothing ricer about it. It's my understanding that the slight stretch like you have is better from a performance aspect than the slight bulge that most everyone runs instead.

This is actually correct.  I was just hoping to get them totally flush and I got close.  If the rears came in a 285/40/18 I probably would have gone with those.  Contis do but I paid $600 shipped for the BFGs vs over $900 for the Contis...  I'm very happy with it as is.  Although I had my wife help me with bleeding the brakes and there is a ton of air in the system now... hold it to the floor means HOLD it to the floor lol.  Oh well Motive Mustang specific one man bleeder kit is on the way from Jegs.  Then I'll get a good solid full system flush with all clean fluid.  

I'm starting to get really OCD about especially that front rim lip.  Its not bad from above, but the way the tire bead sets it looks horrible to me from certain angles now.  I may try to get used to it, or I may order a set of 18x8/18x10 AMR rims which would be more correct for these tire sizes and probably fit in the SN95 wheel well a little better up front and throw these Cobras up for sale for $450 locally to mostly cover it.  Sucks and I like these rims but I dunno, I need to sleep on it.  Also shitty that the selection is really limited for 18x8s it seems.  Bullitts come in them and then the AMRs and that's it.  As far as the cheaper Mustang replica rims anyway.  

I know the silver AMRs would make me happy as well and supposedly a guy is coming to buy my old rims "for sure" on Friday but I've heard that story before lol.  I'll believe it when the $$$ is in my hand.  

Omg.. All the wheels you had looked good.. But DAMN these bullitts look sick! I'm biased though, got em in 17x9s haha.. Now your making me want a set in 18s.. Those tires are the BFG G force t/a's off tirerack right?

They are the Comp 2s off tirerack.  I paid $650 shipped and after the $50 rebate card from BFG that would make the shipping free so really was $600.  235/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back.  Rims are 18x8 and 18x10.  Front tire is flush with the lip of the rim just tucked under the sidewall.  Rear bulges just slightly, a little more than the front.  These actually are the perfect size tires for these rims and on a 94-98 car I actually think I like the 18x8 better than the 18x9.