Prokiller

Infiniti G35x sedan

Not like it's a going to be a big build or anything but it's the daily driver and i've done a few things to it.  Besides, we needed more threads in this section so why not.  It's a 2008 Infiniti G35x Journey sedan.  Obsidian black exterior with black leather interior.  Got it 2 years ago after my buick rendezvous was just getting to be too much.  too much maintenance, gas guzzler, and didn't need all the space anymore. 

Here's when i first got it:

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

not much had changed right away other than a good solid buffing and waxing.  I removed the front license plate frame, debadged the infiniti lettering on the trunk lid, and plasti-dipped the front grill:

IMG_0392-1.jpg

IMG_0367-1.jpg

I got some LED bulbs for the interior next.  I can take some pics, but this is probably the biggest change.  It's amazing how much of a difference just some light bulbs make, but it really brought the already nice interior to a modern feel.  can't believe they weren't like that from the factory.

I found a guy on a 350z forum selling stock sway bars.  or rather giving them away for the cost of shipping.  I couldn't use the fronts because of having an AWD model, but the rear bar is what I wanted.  Huge difference over the stocker. 

rearsway.JPG

that got the handling to an acceptable level for DD duty. 

Didn't like the look of the so called fog lights being non-HID right next to the HID headlights.  So i ordered a set of 4300k HIDs for them.  Picture shows the fogs and the first problem i had with the car.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000002DF_zps

After installing the fogs, some condensation got into the housing on the pass side.  Ended up getting water in the ballast which then wouldn't fire the HID headlight.  Took it apart and dried it out.  After of course buying new HID bulbs and a new ballast.  I put the new bulbs in because i had it apart.  I left the ballast in there because it started working.  So at least i have a spare ballast if i need it.  I also put in white LED bulbs in the marker lights.  However they have burned out.  Apparently they don't like LED bulbs.  i haven't gotten the chance to put regular incandescent ambers back in.

Next big thing was the front bumper.  I found a guy on a g35 forum selling his stock sport bumper with journey lip and LED running lights.  It was already painted black and in better condition bug/chip wise than mine.  It did however have a little defect on the pass side but for the price i couldn't say no, not to mention he was local.  Went down to philly to meet the guy and brought it home. Installed it a couple weeks later:

E1B1761F-1B6E-4718-A028-4F3CDEFD63F1_zps

78EB1817-69A5-4F12-956B-9B97602E50A7_zps

F230E004-3F55-44EB-895D-E705E4EB9DFF_zps

It also came with a black grille, but i prefer mine.  I still want to pull it back off and paint it with real paint, but that's a warm weather project.  Also, the aforementioned burnout LED problem applies for the LED running lights that are installed in this bumper.  The guy gave me the contact of a guy at phillips and he sent me out a new module that is supposed to normalize the voltage to them and keep them from blowing.  I was going to install that but then realized i would have to run more wire because what was supplied isn't enough.  I plan to wire them the same time i re-do the grill as i have to take the bumper off for both things.

I kept putting off getting the windows tint because its just a pain to make an appointment and drop it off.  Ended up having the money that was supposed to be for the mustang's rear shocks burning a hole in my pocket and a free saturday this weekend so i found a guy who could take the car and do it while i waited.  Got 20% all around.  Also since it was sooo nice out (50 degrees), i cleaned it up inside and out.  It was in desperate need of it.  Once this godawful winter ends, i need to spend some serious time with a buffer on this thing.  brushing off the snow really took it's toll. 

C31F93A2-CA41-4331-A0F2-BABD0BCC721D_zps

ACC704EB-DB8B-4DB3-AA87-9F20268C77EC_zps

B2C65468-8C76-49D0-AC44-C5172D63748D_zps

I wanted to get wheels for it last spring but then ended up spending a lot more on the mustang than originally intending so that got put on hold. The Infiniti shares the same bolt pattern as the mustang and the offsets are the same as the new 05+ mustangs.  Working at AM has it's perks...Was going to get these but in 19s. 

IMG_0404_zps4be4a06b.jpg

I really love vossen cv3 and cv2's but i just can't justify spending that much on wheels for the DD.  AM will be selling a cv3 knockoff here shortly so i'll probably go with them.  Staggered of course for that sweet concaveness in the rear. 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rears in silver. 

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-silver-551c-20x10-0514.html

the only tire brand that i can find that has the two sizes i want are the Nitto NT555.  fronts will be 245/35-20.  rears will be 285/30-20.  These sizes come out to be the same overall diameter of 680mm which is what i need to keep the AWD happy.  hoping to get these summer time-ish depending on house purchase.

Also, you can't just put wheels on the car without at least building a plan for lowering it.  Going to wait until after i put the new wheels on to decide if it needs to be lowered or not.  I'm a little concerned about it being too low for DD duty.  Eibach pro-kit springs lower it 1.4' in the front and 1.1" in the rear.  Also needed though to get it back into alignment is a camber kit.  SPC seems to be the standard setup.  So front and rear camber kits are necessary.  should be $750 to lower it, then whatever an alignment will cost.

Other than that, the plan is really just to drive it.  I'm tossing around the idea of adding a sub to it.  It has the Bose system already with a sub, which don't get me wrong sounds great, but it doesn't have that real bass hit.  depends on deals i find. 

mmmmm....man i could freak the shit outta that car. love 'em. the wheels will look nice man

edit: and as far as subs...on a budget i promise you wont get a better tight powerful sub than a boss phantom sub. one 10" in a ported box with a decent amp will def hit right. bout $65 a sub. its what i ran in my mustang and will be in my wrangler. just throwing it out there

i think i'll be getting an L7 from shifty soon.  just have to figure out what kind of amp for it.  i really don't know much of about systems.  the more i read, the more i ended up scratching my head

i think i'll be getting an L7 from shifty soon.  just have to figure out what kind of amp for it.  i really don't know much of about systems.  the more i read, the more i ended up scratching my head

nice! you know they're a square sub right :P 

the wheels have to go first.  they look horrible.  plan is to keep them for winter and put some nice blizzacks or something on there.  snow can suck it at that point.

i found a killer deal that i just couldn't pass up on for some Eibach springs.  not saying they are going to get put on anytime soon, but eventually they will be. 

moar low in this car's future i see.

i found a killer deal that i just couldn't pass up on for some Eibach springs.  not saying they are going to get put on anytime soon, but eventually they will be. 

moar low in this car's future i see.

how much will they lower it? even just 3/4 of an inch would seem like all it needs to have a great stance!

how much will they lower it? even just 3/4 of an inch would seem like all it needs to have a great stance!

it lowers the front about 1.25 and the rear about an inch.  which is pretty much exactly what i want.

well did ya drop her yet?  B-)

I've dropped the springs off at the new house if that counts?

once the house stuff gets tied up, then I can focus back on the car stuff.  I have a pile of parts for the mustang that has been waiting for years to go on too. 

got some winter tires put on the stock wheels saturday.  winter can now suck it!

Blizzak WS80's on all 4 corners.  took it out in the rain this morning and it gripped like the mustang does with drag radials.  thing was flying around the corners.

44909EB6-99D6-4049-8D35-EAC2FD11F8B7_zps

plan is to now rock these for the season and then come spring time get a set of summer wheels/tires.  Wheels will be something from AM with Nitto NT555s.  

cant wait to see it with new wheels that is all it needs now besides more POWER  lol

meh the only reason the 12 beat it is because of those lightweight wheels and drag radials you had mounted at the time...

in actuality though these cars don't really have much room to grow power wise.  especially not for the price.  There's only one CAI out there that adds power and it's like 3hp and it's like $800.  no thank you.  for a catback exhaust it's like $1500 and again, gains like maybe 5hp.  test pipes and a tune are about the only thing besides forced induction that make a difference.  and i'm certainly not paying $15,000 for a turbo setup on the car.  just not happening.  i would however like to make the handling a little tighter, but that will happen once i lower it.

that was my go to wheel for the longest time but then the zevens' came out... i kinda like how it's a little bit more sporty than the 551c

oh and i have to make up my mind by next tuesday because my discount is changing at AM and i won't get as good a deal on them going forward.  i'm not very happy about the change that's for sure.

Mmmm I like both choices for the Infiniti.  Looking forward to the shopped photo.

hope this is the same car....i couldn't use any pics ya had in this thread but heres the 551c's which i personally like. reminds me of the vossen cv3's. good look

maxzkp.jpg

you wouldn't by chance feel like putting the other wheels on this same pic would you?

hope this is the same car....i couldn't use any pics ya had in this thread but heres the 551c's which i personally like. reminds me of the vossen cv3's. good look

maxzkp.jpg

i think these look great!!

here ya go slammed on some niche targa's

15x5lk1.jpg

funny you should mention those niche wheels because i had looked at those a while back before these zevens were released.  and let's face it, these zevens are basically the a straight knockoff of the niche wheels.

i really think i'm going to go with the zevens.  Katie doesn't like the 551c and i fear they would look too plain.  not that i want something uber flashy but i feel i want it to at least stand out decently.