fry

'98 Wrangler TJ project

@fry, the control mount bending is not uncommon. In fact my friend just fixed his ZJ's no more than two weeks ago. If you want I can direct you his way, I'm sure he'd be happy to share how he fixed his.

Sent from Space

@Steve-Oh thanks for the help! I just placed my second order to quadratec. I absolutely love that place! I went a head and bought a set of heavy duty, upgraded mounts. The guy at quadratec told me unless I do some serious rock climbing it shouldn't happen again with these mounts. I also bought a set of factory replacement LCA. They have lots of cool upgraded ones, but this is just my daily driver there's no need to get crazy with the suspension.

You're welcome! Yup those upgraded mounts will work perfectly. Good stuff though, glad you're getting taken care of. Quadratec is no joke, there's some serious Jeep enthusiasts working there. 98% of the cars in the lot there are modified employees Jeeps.

Sent from Space

You're welcome! Yup those upgraded mounts will work perfectly. Good stuff though, glad you're getting taken care of. Quadratec is no joke, there's some serious Jeep enthusiasts working there. 98% of the cars in the lot there are modified employees Jeeps.

Sent from Space

Yea I talked to two different guys and they really knew their shit.

I sunk my 4 wheeler today in some pretty thick mud, so I put the jeep to work for the first time. It pulled like a good old mule! Then I drove the 4 wheeler into the lake, but that's another story...

IMG_20140329_152739_zpszss3r6cf.jpg

IMG_20140329_163515_zpsgoe7kftv.jpg

IMG_20140329_163822_zpsflc86qu7.jpg

Just curious... WHY IS THE TOP NOT OFF!?!?!?!  It has to be warm down there in the south ;)

I took the doors off today's and froze!! Haha its not quite warm enough yet.

dam...i wanna have to pullsomething out of something with my jeep too :(

hmmmmmm.........need more mud in columbus :angry:

Yea I'm not gonna lie and say I'm building my Jeep to be a rock crawler. I live in the swamp, so the only off roading my Jeep will ever see will be mud lol.

yea i'm not building a rock crawler either. just something to hit some trails in southern ohio and go fishing and shit lol. should still be a blast though

IMG_20140402_170622_zpsz2xejyhl.jpg

Put the jeep to work again today. My dad got me a canoe for Christmas, it was $50 for the boat and trailer, so my cousin and I took it out for the first time. It was my first time in a canoe but we didn't flip so I guess it was a success. We're supposed to take the real boat out tomorrow. I LOVE having a Jeep.

I sent the Jeep to my old school and let the guys there replace the lca and mounts. They're also changing the rotors and pads since I and no brakes. I can do this stuff myself, no problem, but I don't have welder or lift so it sure makes it difficult.

I got into a wreck in the Jeep a couple weeks ago. It was mutal fault, not sure how seeing as I was STOPPED in the median waiting to turn. However, the fender and bumper are smashed up. But I was planning to swap them out anyway. :2thumb:  The lower control arm I just had replaced also got smushed so I bought a new one. In the process of changing it, the upper one was also smushed so I have an upper control arm off an old rescue cherokee. I haven't bought any replacement parts yet cause they're expensive and my money is going into more important places right now.

It's also STILL skipping. I changed everything out 4 months ago. Thespark plugs were already trashed. The parts guy sold me the wrong ones... Fixed that and it's still "hiccuping", pretty sure it's a fuel issue now, but like I said money is tight right now cause of important grown up things. But it's still trucking like a good ole champ.

well that sucks  :(

i'd offer ya my fender flares but mine are junk from trying to get them off lol. hope ya get her right cause i'm sure it has a lot of life left in it.

well that sucks :(

i'd offer ya my fender flares but mine are junk from trying to get them off lol. hope ya get her right cause i'm sure it has a lot of life left in it.

Thanks but that's ok. I'm gonna do the Smitybilt XRC tube fenders, so no need for fender flares!

Tube fenders look tough as nails on jeeps, I approve of this decision :2thumb:

Hell yea! Its gonna be a bad mamajama, one day.

Nice to see she's not afraid of a little mud!

*he! Haha I actually live in the swamplands here so there's no way around the mud.