eskyseal281

throttle sticks

okay, I got a 96 GT 5-speed with a sticking throttle. Drives me nutz. When driving, anytime i relase the throttle then push it in again, it catches...takes force...making it awakward to drive. funny thing is that when the car is off, no problem...moves just fine! I had this issue for over a year. I upgraded throttle body and intake plenum, THEN added a used throttle cable from a parted out 97 GT 5-speed. I really need help guys/gals....makes my car not fun to drive.

I've heard of the big single blade throttle bodies sticking closed from vacuum. The big throttle blade gives a lot of area for suction. Maybe you're having a similar issue. Try opening the blades a little with the throttle stop.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

if i remember right, the car has the professional products 75mm throttle body. i am sorry, what do you mean by "Try opening the blades a little with the throttle stop". thanks for writing back 01yellercobra. Funny i have talked to a few people from various forums and they said its prob the poor casting...hope that isn't the case. i know it isn't as high-end as some of the other TBs, but i got it for less than 100 bucks including the matching intake plenum.

There should be a bolt that the throttle lever touches when the throttle blades are closed. Turning that out will open the blades. Don't go crazy though. If it was the casting I'd think I'd would happen with the engine off too.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

ok...so update on my 96 GT throttle sticking issue. tried lubing up throttle cable, checked for any binding, cleaned throttle body, and then tried adjusting throttle stop...no luck. so my dad asked if disconnecting cruise control cable helped. Well it did. Never heard of that happening but for the time being no cruise control...but throttle stick is GONE!!!! was bugging the shit out of me. thanks for the suggestions guys. this forum kicks ass

wonder if a new/used different cruise cable would fix the issue then, or if its something with the stepper motor.   Have you tried, while driving down the road, hitting the off button to see if that would then resolve the issue as well?  I realize you gotta hook the cruise back up tho.    Or try disconnecting/pulling fuse for cruise control and seeing if that resolves it.  Would pin down if its the cable thats doing it, or the motor itself.