shadow_stang

My stock mach shenanigans...

My Mach 1 is bone stock, and staying that way for a while, until I graduate. Even though it's stock though, a few friends have got me out to race some, and I figured I'd share my last 3 races. (assuming this is the right spot to post it)

I was at the gas station one night with a friend, and this turbo 4-banger pulls in, some kind of Dodge Stratus? Cobalt? Looking thing, with a carbon fiber hood. My friend challenges him to a race, on my behalf. And I'm thinking he's going to beat me, since he's in a light-weight 4 cylinder with a turbo, and I'm factory. We go from a dig, and I baby it out of the hole, since I have no traction. Hit all the gears perfect, 2nd right at 6,800, and all the rest a little below. Ran off and left him. He catches back up and says he was spinning, so we decide to go from a 15mph roll, in which he pulled ahead a bit at the beginning, but once I got halfway through second, I went by him, and proceeded to win again. This time he said his engine was missing. And my friend, who was riding shotgun, tells me, "ah... he's a pill head anyway."

Second race was today, against my buddy's 2V GT. It has 4.10 gear, short throw, and a bunch of bolt-ons, think he had some kind of drag/street tire set-up. We went from a roll, about 20mph... he jumped ahead, but the moment I hit 3rd, walked off and left him. We went again from a dig... spun a bit, but eventually passed him again and won. He's a pretty good driver, and told me the Mach ran good for just having the 3.55

Third race was a little later... I lost. It was against a 5,0 foxbody with drag slicks on it, among a bunch of other stuff. Could never launch as good as him, and although he didn't destroy me, he still won. Assuming I had slicks, I think I would have stayed a bit closer, if not even. Dude said he could hear me spinning.

Here is my friends GT, with the Mach:

10255361_238386919685888_700568015365100

Sounds like you have a good time with your car, not preaching but mabey next time you need to talk these guys into goin to the strip and racing doesn't cost much and is a lot safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have a good time with your car, not preaching but mabey next time you need to talk these guys into goin to the strip and racing doesn't cost much and is a lot safer.

You're absolutely right man, they even mentioned going to the track instead, next time.

Man your Mach looks stellar there!

Thanks man, I love the background... really makes for a great spot for photos. I have pics with a couple other cars down there too. Parking garages are the best. lol

Nice Mach and nice wins!

Thanks man! Was hoping it could have been 3 wins, but when that dude said he was going home to change tires, simply to take on a bone stock mach, I realized he wasn't just out to play. lol

Will you just hurry up and come to Lexington. I don't have friends with cool cars here anymore, I need shenanigans!

My friend, there are plenty of shenanigans left to be had! I could road trip soon, maybe see what Lexington, NC looks like. Probably not as basketball crazy as the Lexington up here. You ever talk to the higher ups about getting a 4 day weekend for mustang week?

just a tip you can try out, try shifting a little lower, around 6250, at that RPM our intake dies out and we are just kinda making noise. Brett suggested i try shifting lower (as i shifted around the same 6800) and i picked up two tenths in the quarter. but i also have gears and a few other things.

just a tip you can try out, try shifting a little lower, around 6250, at that RPM our intake dies out and we are just kinda making noise. Brett suggested i try shifting lower (as i shifted around the same 6800) and i picked up two tenths in the quarter. but i also have gears and a few other things.

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. I still have the 3.55, obviously, since it's stock... so any tips on how to best shift a stock mach are much appreciated.

1-2 no higher then 6500, ever other gear I'd shift low 6000's.

now I have early cobra cams and shift about 6700.

thats a very nice, cheap and easy swap btw!

1-2 no higher then 6500, ever other gear I'd shift low 6000's.

now I have early cobra cams and shift about 6700.

thats a very nice, cheap and easy swap btw!

Thanks man, I'll remember that. And I guess you're talking about the 96-98 Cobra cams? Did I get those years right? I've heard about people doing that swap before I believe.

Edit: never mind, just read your sig. lol