SniveTroll

"Murphy's Law" A 92 Bronco story. sold

My only question would be "which 4wd adapted trans?"

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ah shit, yea that would be a stumbling block for sure, being in PA it would definitely need to be 4wd. Could get very expensive, ugh.

Maybe buy a wrecked 5.0 F150 and swap everything into the Bronco...hmm...

• Moderators

Ah shit, yea that would be a stumbling block for sure, being in PA it would definitely need to be 4wd. Could get very expensive, ugh.

Maybe buy a wrecked 5.0 F150 and swap everything into the Bronco...hmm...

I would love to do this with a second gen F100 or little Bronco... although @SniveTroll's big Bronco has me thinking the same thing Dan.

today i scoured the area for 8.8 bearings at the local part store. i found "Drive works". they seemed to be the only ones that fit. well, it fits but its crazy cheap in construction. With a little tap on the bearing race, it cracked. "Made in China" cliche applies. so now im calling Downs Ford for a suitable replacement. i'm sure ill have to cut this current bearing out. im very close to looking for a 1 ton axle or 9" bronco rear. 

Dan i think that could work. im sure there is a suitable one in a wrecker across america somewhere. Mine has some soft rusty spots on the frame but i am doing my best to get it in reliable shape. When i get the VA i may have to jack the cab off frame and replace some sections. 

Tonight: 

-replaced the PCV valve. it had zero spring action. 

-installed 1 mr. gasket manifold gasket.

-1 new to me corner lamp lens

-found rust. 

-found vacuum issues that requires finesse. im thinking aftermarket vacuum tree. like the import dudes use. 

My buddy finished the axle swap with new Ford Bearings and seals. 

Tomorrows quest will be finish 4x4 connections and trans harness. i will fix this sucker. 

another classic update. 

whoever had this pig before did a stellar job at rewiring the E4OD transmission neutral safety switch. i found a TRUE ford wiring schematic for the updated plug and sensor.

ccf12192012_00000.jpg

my previous was just thrown together.  I cut and soldered each connection. Reverse lights work now. trans goes in ALL selections and no instant CEL. This vehicle is one big adventure. 

I drive it around base to let everythng settle

Next i have to figure all the vacuum lines. Tad bit brittle

i hattteeee vacuum lines.  

One of the egr diverter valve vac line was smelted. I broke the egr and some other prehistoric valve vac. I going to get an ebay ricer vac manifold and make myown vac lines.

Oh and get rid of the stupid manifold vac tree. Stupid looking design.

Tonight i had a leaking transfer case. I purchased some heavy oil resistant rtv and layered around the trans output shaft flange to transfer case in put.

ujuvyryp.jpg2u3apyby.jpg

I figured while i was waiting for the goop to tack that id swap and hardwire a 4x4 actuator i found in the yardsda6eqa9u.jpg

4x4 now engages.

I never dealt with older ford brakes. These have pushpins with rubber. The pads were fairly easy to swap these :heqavevu.jpg

To these 8e2egyna.jpguvymabet.jpg. While i was messing with fluids i noticed.i had seepage from the trans pan gasket. I decided to use the new/old gasket with rtv. I may have to go get a wix gasket.3ymuvy8e.jpg and installed this gem. So here we are 6e7a3e2u.jpg.

I also swapped some burned license plate bulbs. I decided i want new head/tail lights.

I'm living vicariously in this thread since I've always wanted one of these :2thumb:

And you're doing a great job, it takes patience to fix all the PITA stuff like broken studs and such

Thanks dan. I got it registered today so i can roll it down the turnpike 1 last time. I know for certain it needs outter toe links. 3 and 9 oclock shimmy weight off wheels. So im ordering those. Tonight. It also still has erratic idle which im chaulking up to it for sure needs an exhaust.

Haha thanks for the compliment, you have a distinct luxury of ground clearance on your side, shouldn't be too bad. What are you looking to fab, single/dual, side exit/rear exit?

I drove 145 miles today. No fluid leaks but does smoke. I chaulk this up to exhaust leaking. It does have some kinks. It has a slight sewing machine sound. Other than she has some oomph. I need to correct steering. I changed steering end link. It needs an alignment and wheels balanced. Im proud that it moved that far.

Today i removed the door panel. It needs 4.5" speakers in the front. I have 2 sets of 6x8s. Apparently someone changed the passenger side door.

y7abysyg.jpg

It explains out of alignment.

I changed several dash bulbsto led.

ura3u4e4.jpg

Im taking upper intake off and assess that nightmare.

Here is interior shop. It needs a cleaning.

ybu4yjem.jpg