sbf305ftw

Moates quarter horse

i take it from that graph that i dont know enough about it to do it myself. i didnt know if it was worth it to save a hundred bucks over having someone else dyno tune it ..... i bought a semi-custom chip from motorvation that i was hoping to fix some bugs im working on but not much help.. having trouble on start up until engine temp comes up to operating range it doesnt want to take fuel. after warm up car runs very rich. 351w swap, procharger 12psi , trick flow top end, 72 lb inj, pro m air meter calibrated to inj. size..car doesnt run bad.. just not perfect

also when pro-m did the mass air recalibration they allowed for artifitial fuel enrichment with it .. anyone know if that can be taken out with proper tune? or would it need sent back to be calibrated once more?

I trouble shot Steve's running problems with just a video and a hunch... It was supposedly running well before the cam ate itself.

This. It ran very well and we only just began the tuning process when it decided to consume itself.

The way it worked for me is Keith wrote a base tune on my setup. Once it ran you go from there. Pretty awesome how one can simply look at datalogs and assess lol.

Mk2..is this something u charge a fee per tune or go by how much time u have in it? Or is it something ur interested in doing at all I guess I should have asked first..sorry

Mk2..is this something u charge a fee per tune or go by how much time u have in it? Or is it something ur interested in doing at all I guess I should have asked first..sorry

Tuning is a flat fee. I'm not looking to get rich. I charge $145 for the tuning. In your particular case, I'd like to see the map that your tuner has created (mail me your chip). More often than not, I can just modify the problem areas of the tune you already have, and then since I'm not making a complete tune from scratch, I charge less.

Also, by sending me the chip you already have, i can rip that map and send it to you as a file that you can load to your QH. This gives you a "fall back" incase shit hits the fan. When I'm tuning my car, I save every revision. So I always have a safety net be having a known good map to default back to.

Hope I am not upsetting anyone tagging along on this post and asking some questions as well.  I might be ready to start putting the motor back in tomorrow and getting parts back from powder in about a week to finish assembling it and realized I am closer then I thought. 

I have the chip in my car now that was dyno tuned for my trickflow 170s, 1.6rr and stage 1 cam that ran well.  I also have an extra chip from when I hoped American muscles tune might help with my problems after the hci swap.  Not sure what else you need to know about what was all done to it other then I deleted all the emissions crap and slapped a vortech with a snow meth kit to go with it.  Still has the stock pulley on it and no real plans to swap it out anytime soon.  I could send the one chip to you to read and the install the other if it helps.