Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

55 minutes ago, 95riosnake said:

Very nice setup, When you're toasty warm this winter you'll be glad you did the work now for sure.

i'm already glad.  that old one was limping along on borrowed time for sure.  every time it started up it sounded like an bomb going off.  every time i would cringe and hope it was still contained inside the chamber and not exploded everywhere

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yeahloh95 said:

all I know is that thing was heeeeeeavy

you're telling me.  we had a tractor to move it around at your house.  had to use a appliance handtruck to get it into the room.  the old one was worse for sure. it SUCKED

• Haha 1

I am curious to see if you notice a healthy difference in your power bill!  Looks really good though.  I want to get in and redo our panels, they look like Ray Charles set them all up, plus they are very dated Siemens panels with super expensive breakers.

finished product pics

20171108_070041

new 3 zone controller mounted on the back.  The thermostat wires all come in from the zones at the top. notice the one that goes to the right, that's the line that then goes to the main controller to trigger the boiler to fire.  the bottom BX wiring; the left goes to the sunroom circ pump, the next two shiney ones go to the upstairs and garage, while the last one comes from the main controller and powers this new box.

20171108_070055

the grey box is the relay box for the basement zone.  the garage switch does in fact still work properly...to at least control the fan.  the other obviously is the EPO for the system.

20171108_070105

temp dropped like a rock the last two days so its been perfect timing to get this sucker replaced.  interested to see what the costs will actually be.

Looking good man! I agree the temps have plunged this week. Supposed to only hit 30 here tomorrow, which is utter bullshit lol. At least you'll get to put the new setup through its paces.

I'm guessing those labels were made by the previous owner, the misspelling of "circulator" would surely drive me insane lol.

Circu, later bitches!  

Nice work Ryan!  That shit sucks for sure but its a necessary evil.  You can have that pipe fitting and threading.  I used to hate that shit in service class.  That panel wiring gave me goosebumps, so well done and organized. 

• Like 2

realized that the lights we bought for the basement garage were on clearance at lowes.  so went and got 8 more of them.  put half of them up yesterday but it was raining and couldn't back the 57 out of the garage to finish them.  i'll get a picture tonight.  already it's crazy bright in there, i can't wait to put the rest up.  it's going to be retina burning bright!!

• Like 2

Nothing transforms a room better than getting an abundance of lumens jammed in, my basement had 4 60w bulbs when we moved in, now it has six 8' fixtures with four T8's in each, and two more 4' fixtures with two T8's. It's like an operating room now lol.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

Nothing transforms a room better than getting an abundance of lumens jammed in, my basement had 4 60w bulbs when we moved in, now it has six 8' fixtures with four T8's in each, and two more 4' fixtures with two T8's. It's like an operating room now lol.

I've got eight 4' LED bulbs over me and it's so damn bright in my office it hurts my eyes.  And, the glare!  I guess if you're not working under them all day, staring at a computer screen, it's fine... which is why I still want to wire up twenty-four 4' two-bulb fixtures in my garage.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

You guys gotta step up to led. They’re not that expensive and put off twice as much light with half as many fixtures. Not to mention the major reduction in electricity used. 

The high voltage side side of my company spends 30-50% of its time upgrading lights for our customers every day and it’s really amazing to the see the difference. 

The bulbs in my office are LED, and I hate them.  WAY too bright to sit under all day.  At least they don't give me headaches like fluorescents though.

the ones i'm putting in are LED @Evilcw311,  

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-Pro-Strip-Shop-Light-Common-4-ft-Actual-3-23-in-x-48-03-in/50352822

@Psychorugby i hear you on that.  they redid a space for me and my team in what used to be a mailroom in the basement.  no windows so they wanted to keep it bright...they went over board.  i'm in a corner with a whiteboard wall behind me, which has a 16' bank of LEDs above it.  that threw off SOOOOO much glare i could barely see stuff on my screens.  made them put a light switch on it.  haven't turned it on since.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Prokiller said:

the ones i'm putting in are LED @Evilcw311,  

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-Pro-Strip-Shop-Light-Common-4-ft-Actual-3-23-in-x-48-03-in/50352822

@Psychorugby i hear you on that.  they redid a space for me and my team in what used to be a mailroom in the basement.  no windows so they wanted to keep it bright...they went over board.  i'm in a corner with a whiteboard wall behind me, which has a 16' bank of LEDs above it.  that threw off SOOOOO much glare i could barely see stuff on my screens.  made them put a light switch on it.  haven't turned it on since.

My office is on a motion sensor, so no real way around it.  I can turn them off and cover the sensor, but I need some lamps... so I'm in the market for some cool old desk/table/torchere lamps.

21 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

You guys gotta step up to led. They’re not that expensive and put off twice as much light with half as many fixtures. Not to mention the major reduction in electricity used. 

The high voltage side side of my company spends 30-50% of its time upgrading lights for our customers every day and it’s really amazing to the see the difference. 

I fully intended to, but found a deal on Craigslist for 25 of these 8' 4 bulb fixtures that were only a year and a half old for $400. It was hard to argue with $16 per fixture compared to what I was looking at for LED. I can always convert them to LED in the future.

well the woman won a $500 gift card to Home Depot at her xmas party.  So we decided to get a fridge to replace the original one that we moved down in the basement.  it was probably from the early 80s.  still works...almost too good because you can't put a water bottle in the back or else it will freeze.  anyway, the depot had a pretty good deal on a 27cu.ft black stainless french door style one.  it was the biggest one i could find which is what i wanted.  more room for beer!

not the best lighting at the moment and it still has half the plastic on it.  waiting to take the rest of it off in a bit because i have to run a new water line to it since, if you remember, that was where the stove used to be.  also need to finish painting the wall behind it.

20180221_132144

but the best part is the dedicated bacardi shelf:

20180221_132749

• Like 2

new copper water line run from the garage, through the wall, above the drop ceiling to the wall.  Ran out of tubing and had to union in another piece.  Then it down the wall and to the fridge.  let it run for a bit before hooking the fridge up to it and had no leaks.  hooked it up to the fridge and since there was now pressure in the line, the union started pissing all over the place.  tightened it up more and no more leaks.  ran like 6 glasses of water through it to get the air out of the lines and put it all back together.

20180225_182150

20180225_182207

20180225_182230

should have taken a shot of the setup inside, but we're low on beer and don't want to advertise the lack of solid refreshments :D

and here's what the garage looks like with the new lights.  still will add 5 more once it's a nice day to back the 57 out and let it sit out there while i mount them.

20180225_182325

• Like 1

What's the little Coke thing by the fridge?  Also, I spent forever wondering why my water/ice was not working on the fridge, only to find they had the line shut off.  I was pulling drywall and everything, and the solution was to turn a knob.  So, your experience sounds better, you knew what to expect at least haha!

Garage looks solid dude!

• Like 1

finished up the basement garage lighting on saturday.

Before:

20180310_123450

After:

20180310_132441

before:

20180310_123442

after:

20180310_132410

hard to tell but it did make a good bit of difference.  i think it will really help with cleaning the sides of cars now that there is light all the way to the wall on that side.

then today we had the vanity installed.  have to wait for the countertop guy to come out and take final measurements.

20180312_09232820180312_092310

you can see here that we wanted it to be on legs, but the problem was the drain and water lines come up through the floor.  so they built a little fascia to cover them.  you can't see it at all until you get down on your hands and knees.

20180312_092319

• Like 3

New vanity really sets the room off! The fascia looks fine to me, if anything, less places for dog hair to settle. I might have missed it but what type of counter top are you going with?

Those LED tube lights really make a huge difference.  My friend just did them in his shop and they beat the old fluorescent tubes by a long shot. ;  The vanity is very nice looking!!  I like how you camo'ed the pipe work, yeah you can see it when you bend over but rather that then seeing pipes.  #wheresjasper 

@Steve-Oh you know hes always right around just not in the pics.

They tried to come and deliver the countertop yesterday but i'm in Brazil this week so that was a no go.  waiting on them to see about coming next week.

• Like 1

i forgot about that.  its a short trip this time.  travel all day monday, with my guys on tuesday and wednesday, fly back thursday, vacation on friday.

guys came on friday to do the vanity.  sadly i can't say it's done done because they forgot to bring the backsplash piece.

handles installed and test fitting the top:

20180406_162144

drilling out the holes for the faucet bits:

20180406_163114

and now the sink installed and top fully mounted:

20180406_172127

had to let the caulk cure before i could hook up the plumbing:

20180406_172138

hooked that all up sunday:

20180408_18485420180408_18490020180408_184912

the blue speckles aren't as prominent as we thought they would be.  but overall really happy with it all.  it's actually a little difficult to get good pictures of it because the sheen reflects so much light.  hopefully they will come back tomorrow to put the backsplash piece on.

• Like 3