Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

two reasons...

1. the caulk had to cure

2. some guy got hit in the head with a pair of plyers so we went to NYC auto show without him

backsplash just got installed.  i think they were here a total of 10 minutes tops.  the caulk line will cure clear.

20180410_134508

tried to get a couple shots of the actual pattern:

20180410_13455920180410_134626

• Like 1

quartz is cheaper than granite but even still, just this thing cost $1200 for just the top.  that doesn't include the sink or faucet

That looks really sharp!  And I know how much of a pain it is to take goof pictures of stone, I used to try with the boats all the time (back in the day when I built them) lol!

Damn Ry-guy, getting official! if you're feeling like you're needing more light down low, put some on the walls approx 4' off the wall. Just went to Alan and Osh's grand opening and I'm still shocked at what a difference it makes!

• Like 1

for those who would like to see what i was dealing with when we bought the house.  here's some of the last vestige of sparkly popcorn ceiling in the house.  replaced the ceiling fan in the spare bedroom.

20180503_181150

• Like 1

yard work sucks...  spent all last saturday trimming the HELL out of the apple trees.  sooooo many branches to deal with.  I feel your pain @Number Tew.  this saturday with the threat of rain all day, we cleaned up all the flower beds and trimmed all the bushes.  planted a dozen more perennials various places, then mulched everything.  i'm owwey now.

• Like 1

I have tons of mulch beds that need redone, my level of self-loathing hasn't gotten high enough to get me out into that misery. If it was just spreading mulch it would be one thing, it's the weeding and prep prior to it that is terrible.

Couldnt you guys find some neighborhood kids and pay them like 3 doll hairs an hour to do the weeding. Then you come in and do the easy stuff? Or if you have any family that has little kids.

Sister and brother in law got their 3 kids to help with weeding and they still arent sure how they got the kids to love doing it so much. (kids are like 4, 6, 8). I am all for the child labor! lol

Granted it sounds easier than it is to round up a few kids. Its like herding cats

Image result for dollar on a fishing pole commercial

There are definitely some kids in my neighborhood that are in the cheap labor age range, but I don't know their parents well enough to not look like a predator proposing the idea lol. My neighbor has 3 kids, 2 of which are young enough to be cheap labor, but they're the type of kids who are in 3 different sports simultaneously at all times, so that's out :(

On 5/18/2018 at 11:48 AM, Prokiller said:

i'm waiting to put your future kids into forced labor

Lol you and me both. Whenever that may happen. 

1 hour ago, 95riosnake said:

There are definitely some kids in my neighborhood that are in the cheap labor age range, but I don't know their parents well enough to not look like a predator proposing the idea lol. My neighbor has 3 kids, 2 of which are young enough to be cheap labor, but they're the type of kids who are in 3 different sports simultaneously at all times, so that's out :(

HA! yea you dont want to look like a predator. Generally doesnt go to well.

Leave the leaves in the yard this year. They will come. lol. Then you build a rapport with them and make them come back in the spring to do everything else

On 5/23/2018 at 7:25 AM, 95riosnake said:

Yea, forget to put pants on ONE TIME when you walk out to get the mail and never live it down...

right! people are way too sensitive now adays

few things.  got a new sink for the basement kitchen:

791556088351.jpg

will do this probably in a couple weeks.

and last night i got a new fun thing for the garage.  i've never had an actual nice toolbox.  never really needed it before getting the house and when we got it, all the pegboard made it not that necessary.  i got a little top box from my dad when he used to have it in his truck, and that was plenty.  but now its getting to the point where that box is full and its getting annoying to go to a bunch of different places to get tools.  so i said screw it and looked at toolboxes.

i wanted something more solid than the harbor freight ones (the box i have is from there).  it's not a bad box persay, just not that nice either.  what i've had my eye on for a long while had been the kobalt black and blue ones.

6936945605304.jpg

color scheme would have been freakin perfect to match the cars....but of course, i waited to long and they are all discontinued.  i tried looking for used ones and couldn't find any.  so the serach began anew.

i checked out the big box stores and one thing i realized is that i don't particularly like the soft close drawers.  its fine that they close but i hate having to tug them to open them.  yes i know they would get better with use, but still, just doesn't float my boat.  ended up really liking the craftsman pro series boxes because they latch not soft close.  they have smooth articulation through out its travel and i liked the setup of the drawers.  i will say they are a little tall even for me at 6'2" but really the top area will be for power tools anyway so nothing that i have to look down on.  

went to a sears last night and picked them up.  got them home and assembled the bottom box while the changing the oil in the truck.  i don't love the color scheme as i don't like yellow unlike some people.... @Yeahloh95

20190319_191921

go to open the top box and immediately see its messed up:

20190319_19183120190319_19183520190319_191838

here you can see the corners separating and misaligned:

20190319_19184720190319_191856

20190319_191902

tried calling sears about 6 times last night and couldn't get anyone to answer in the tools department.  going to try again today.  for what these damn things cost, i shouldn't have to look at a messed up for the next 20+years.  the misaligned corner would be fine, but a big ass kink in the side and what looks like a ball peen hammer dent is not okay to me.

nothing is made with standards anymore.  the bottom box is perfect though.  

and sears wonders why they are going out of business.....it's because you SUCK!

i wanted something more solid than the harbor freight ones (the box i have is from there).  it's not a bad box persay, just not that nice either.

The new harbor freight boxes are amazing. If your harbor freight box is older, I'd say stop in a store and check out the new ones. Very impressive, and with the coupons, you can usually get a good deal.

This site is the Harbor Freight coupon database. Has all their coupons in one place, digitally so you don't have to keep paper coupons. This way you always have the best discount coupons too. If you reconsider the Craftsman box, I highly recommend the new US General boxes.

• Moderators

Harbor Freight boxes are where it's at.  I've got two of the big ass rolling carts under my work bench.  They're solid pieces.  Rumor is they're made by one of the big companies anyway.

13 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

Harbor Freight boxes are where it's at.  I've got two of the big ass rolling carts under my work bench.  They're solid pieces.  Rumor is they're made by one of the big companies anyway.

And they have redesigned them again recently and made the drawers deeper IIRC.

realized i never updated this after getting the new top box.

20190330_154120

we're cleaning out a storage room at work and getting rid of a lot of junk that has been sitting for way too long.  scored these two cabinets for free.

20190424_172557

spent the rest of the evening re-organizing the garage.  i've never been happy with the arraignment and i think it's finally getting there.  i think i'm just about set with the layout.

20190424_20025420190424_20030620190424_20031920190424_20032620190424_200339

still a few things to change, like that plastic shelf on the side wall needs to get replaced or gone.  yes the carpet is stupid and ugly as hell, but it's something to stand on and prevents dropped things from going anywhere.

the desk on the right has a power strip mounted up high on the workspace.  i direct wired that in last night so now i have power there.

still have to fill the tool box with stuff on the pegboard walls but not too much left.

the redneck couch is in front of @Shifty car for now.  might actually stay there.  kinda frames the countertop area on the left side nicely.

• Like 1