Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

wow those are bright , is my bay still open under the porch ?

19 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

wow those are bright , is my bay still open under the porch ?

@Shifty's in there now.

• Confused 1

What's the little Coke thing by the fridge?  Also, I spent forever wondering why my water/ice was not working on the fridge, only to find they had the line shut off.  I was pulling drywall and everything, and the solution was to turn a knob.  So, your experience sounds better, you knew what to expect at least haha!

Garage looks solid dude!

• Like 1

on the pedestal?  popcorn machine.  pedestal is just there for lack of something else to use.  it doesn't fit on the counter 

finished up the basement garage lighting on saturday.

Before:

20180310_123450

After:

20180310_132441

before:

20180310_123442

after:

20180310_132410

hard to tell but it did make a good bit of difference.  i think it will really help with cleaning the sides of cars now that there is light all the way to the wall on that side.

then today we had the vanity installed.  have to wait for the countertop guy to come out and take final measurements.

20180312_09232820180312_092310

you can see here that we wanted it to be on legs, but the problem was the drain and water lines come up through the floor.  so they built a little fascia to cover them.  you can't see it at all until you get down on your hands and knees.

20180312_092319

• Like 3

New vanity really sets the room off! The fascia looks fine to me, if anything, less places for dog hair to settle. I might have missed it but what type of counter top are you going with?

Those LED tube lights really make a huge difference.  My friend just did them in his shop and they beat the old fluorescent tubes by a long shot. ;  The vanity is very nice looking!!  I like how you camo'ed the pipe work, yeah you can see it when you bend over but rather that then seeing pipes.  #wheresjasper 

@Steve-Oh you know hes always right around just not in the pics.

They tried to come and deliver the countertop yesterday but i'm in Brazil this week so that was a no go.  waiting on them to see about coming next week.

• Like 1

Sounds like your traveling thread could use a bump! That is, if you get to leave the hotel/office lol.

i forgot about that.  its a short trip this time.  travel all day monday, with my guys on tuesday and wednesday, fly back thursday, vacation on friday.

guys came on friday to do the vanity.  sadly i can't say it's done done because they forgot to bring the backsplash piece.

handles installed and test fitting the top:

20180406_162144

drilling out the holes for the faucet bits:

20180406_163114

and now the sink installed and top fully mounted:

20180406_172127

had to let the caulk cure before i could hook up the plumbing:

20180406_172138

hooked that all up sunday:

20180408_18485420180408_18490020180408_184912

the blue speckles aren't as prominent as we thought they would be.  but overall really happy with it all.  it's actually a little difficult to get good pictures of it because the sheen reflects so much light.  hopefully they will come back tomorrow to put the backsplash piece on.

• Like 2

why did you not work on it on sat???

two reasons...

1. the caulk had to cure

2. some guy got hit in the head with a pair of plyers so we went to NYC auto show without him

oh yeah my head injury kept me from remembering that

• Like 1

backsplash just got installed.  i think they were here a total of 10 minutes tops.  the caulk line will cure clear.

20180410_134508

tried to get a couple shots of the actual pattern:

20180410_13455920180410_134626

• Like 1

I like that top I am starting to look at them for my basement bathroom not sure what type of vanity I an using yet

quartz is cheaper than granite but even still, just this thing cost $1200 for just the top.  that doesn't include the sink or faucet

i have a local place for the granite remember what I have in my master ? and around my fireplace, they have gave me great deals so far

That looks really sharp!  And I know how much of a pain it is to take goof pictures of stone, I used to try with the boats all the time (back in the day when I built them) lol!

Damn Ry-guy, getting official! if you're feeling like you're needing more light down low, put some on the walls approx 4' off the wall. Just went to Alan and Osh's grand opening and I'm still shocked at what a difference it makes!

• Like 1

for those who would like to see what i was dealing with when we bought the house.  here's some of the last vestige of sparkly popcorn ceiling in the house.  replaced the ceiling fan in the spare bedroom.

20180503_181150

• Like 1

I don't know why you would ever want to get rid of that :)

• Haha 1

The only way to take a popcorn ceiling to the next level is to make it sparkly. Really surprised that trend didn't spread all over the country! lol.

• Like 2

yard work sucks...  spent all last saturday trimming the HELL out of the apple trees.  sooooo many branches to deal with.  I feel your pain @Number Tew.  this saturday with the threat of rain all day, we cleaned up all the flower beds and trimmed all the bushes.  planted a dozen more perennials various places, then mulched everything.  i'm owwey now.

• Like 1

I have tons of mulch beds that need redone, my level of self-loathing hasn't gotten high enough to get me out into that misery. If it was just spreading mulch it would be one thing, it's the weeding and prep prior to it that is terrible.

exactly!  we spent maybe 5 hours prepping and like 1.5 doing the mulch.

i am doing river stone no mulch for me

I HATE the prep work.  Weeding is the devil!

And haha, if you are just taking branches it's not as bad as some 18 entire trees coming down!

Couldnt you guys find some neighborhood kids and pay them like 3 doll hairs an hour to do the weeding. Then you come in and do the easy stuff? Or if you have any family that has little kids.

Sister and brother in law got their 3 kids to help with weeding and they still arent sure how they got the kids to love doing it so much. (kids are like 4, 6, 8). I am all for the child labor! lol

Granted it sounds easier than it is to round up a few kids. Its like herding cats

Image result for dollar on a fishing pole commercial

i'm waiting to put your future kids into forced labor

There are definitely some kids in my neighborhood that are in the cheap labor age range, but I don't know their parents well enough to not look like a predator proposing the idea lol. My neighbor has 3 kids, 2 of which are young enough to be cheap labor, but they're the type of kids who are in 3 different sports simultaneously at all times, so that's out :(

On 5/18/2018 at 11:48 AM, Prokiller said:

i'm waiting to put your future kids into forced labor

Lol you and me both. Whenever that may happen. 

1 hour ago, 95riosnake said:

There are definitely some kids in my neighborhood that are in the cheap labor age range, but I don't know their parents well enough to not look like a predator proposing the idea lol. My neighbor has 3 kids, 2 of which are young enough to be cheap labor, but they're the type of kids who are in 3 different sports simultaneously at all times, so that's out :(

HA! yea you dont want to look like a predator. Generally doesnt go to well.

Leave the leaves in the yard this year. They will come. lol. Then you build a rapport with them and make them come back in the spring to do everything else