Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

i can see some rooms because we are having the bedrooms recarpeted next wednesday.  i hate getting out of bed onto a cold floor.

not a whole lot to show today but we got stuff done.  i've decided that doing the trim in the whole house before we move in is just going to be too ridiculously time consuming so i'm only going to do the walls that major furniture will go against so i don't have to move it later.

new washer and dryer are installed

1695A093-A2DE-4FB8-8431-DCFB3212B822_zps

the master bedroom got a coat of paint on the majority of the walls. and is only waiting on the accent wall to be done then i can rip up the carpet.  well that and paint the closet.

03FD5934-7B42-4010-B2D1-FED8AD6F4986_zps

getting back to the carpet topic.  we went and got on the agenda for next wednesday to do the two bedrooms.  getting a tan with a gray hint to it in the master bedroom, and a gray in the spare bedroom. 

also got the spare bedroom ready to be sanded today, meaning all the spackling is done so by tomorrow we should have a coat of paint on that room.

Sounds like we may need to bring a cart to drag you around Laconia in, you're gonna be out of energy by then lol.

I wouldn't be against that.  didn't get much accomplished today.....other than bring the mustang home!

pulled it into the big bay where the lift will go and it just fits in.  the driveway is sloped so that water runs off, and as such the farthest bay has the biggest rake to get in.

F9B53F5C-0029-453E-834D-4E3EDC1BCF51_zps

but it does fit

E110F9FC-E0C2-4E4D-8E80-31CA427A88E7_zps

For some reason I picture you with a tape measure on that entrance when you guys were looking at the house, then checking the bumper height afterward. Then once the measurements checked out, you and Katie shouted "We'll take it!" in unison, lol.

I think it was well it will fit in one of them

i was never worried about any of the others but that's the one where the lift is going as of now.  i'd rather put the lift in the bay next to it, but the septic tank is under that floor and i'm concerned about the weight of a lift on top.

nothing really to show for today other than a magic door.

3C5AD27A-472F-41B8-8335-997B3CF3B2BE_zps

it's the start of the accent wall.  it will have a red stripe as a headboard border thing then the rest of that wall will be black.  our bedroom set is almost black by the way.

also peeled the rest of the wallpaper residue down so that is now officially done.  sanded down the spare bedroom so all that will need is a good wipe down before we start the paint in that room.  also put down a coat of paint on the office's trim. 

didn't want to get too much more involved since I had to work at AM tonight and was already getting pretty sweaty and gross.  I started to straighten up and get rid of a bunch of crap that is on the work table in the garage.  filled a trash bag with stuff and it barely looks like I put a dent into it all.

Car looks nice and cozy in there!  What kind of lift are you planning on getting, 4 post drive on or standard 2 post?

Shit it's your house, bust out the existing concrete transition and pour a new one further out, problem solved :2thumb:

Pretty sure Rich ( @95opal ) would be happy to come down and take care of this for you :D .   Or you could do want Jeff did and have a 1/4" plate bent up to make a ramp!

before we left for Laconia, we had a little work party with @Yeahloh95 @95riosnake and @Shifty.  as you can see, they are hard at work holding that fence up

296CDEEA-AE9C-451D-B78A-D9EA5ECFF86F_zps

got the stupid telephone pole cut down and pulled out.  thanks to my dad's crane, we made short work of the stump.

C2AD7DA4-01FA-4E63-85B0-4E35999E7743_zps

damn thing was like 6ft down in the ground.  anyone need a sittin' log?

Left for laconia and got back on Monday afternoon.  had to get some paint on the walls before the carpeting goes in on wednesday.

master bedroom is now painted

9F1EC8D4-9A86-4FA4-8080-7EC8D1FBA365_zps

986B734D-40BA-4AAD-8300-31CC7E1A894D_zps

the bed frame will go right on the lines and the red will act as a headboard of sorts.  going to stencil in something on the wall later but we haven't decided on what yet.

also got the spare bedroom's ceiling painted as well as the walls primed

E8DC738D-C2D1-48B5-83AA-9944C1907B52_zps

also got the ceiling in the bathroom done since i had the ceiling white out.  so we got a lot accomplished last night after haven driven home from NH all morning.

today's agenda:

1. paint the spare bedroom walls

2. paint the baseboard in the master bedroom

3. paint both bedroom's closets

4. pull the carpet from the spare bedroom

5. finish pulling staples in the floor from both bedrooms

6. try not to get heat stroke

Good God, you and your family have been busy.  My wife and I moved into our place over a year ago and we've managed to paint 4 rooms... lol.  I imagine ambition is a little different when you're doing what seems like a total renovation, though.

Awesome work, though!  Can't wait to see more updates!

been really busy with the house trying to wrap up stuff so we could move in and haven't had time to update this thread with progress.  i don't have as many pictures as previously because it's not as much to actually show.  also, the days kinda of blended together so may not be completely accurate chronologically.

Tuesday:

finished the spare bedroom's paint and pulled the carpet up.  got all the staples out that i could.  Painted the baseboard in preparation for wednesday's carpet installation.

Wednesday:

Put a 2nd coat on the baseboards and painted the closets before the carpet guy showed up.  Here's after the install:

E1A8975F-65FE-4ECC-B9A0-7E16A9DCCF75_zps

C02DD446-2300-4734-AE6E-64F16B056672_zps

guy put the silver carpet in the wrong room at first.  didn't realize it until he was stapling down the doorways.  told him he either had to go back to the shop to get enough to put it in the spare bedroom like we wanted otherwise i'm not keeping it there.  ended up that the size was still okay and he pulled it back out and moved it to the spare bedroom.  so in the end we got what we wanted.  i don't know how anymore clear it could have been written on the work order but apparently he didn't even look at it.   either way though the carpet got done and we were able to bring some furniture in those rooms.

while he was doing the carpets, i was pulling the doors and hardware off the kitchen cabinets so we can sand them down for paint.

A850F4C6-E104-419A-8D44-13EB600A90D9_zps

then taped the doors to the bedrooms so that we could sand down and scrape the popcorn off of the hallway and staircase and not get all the dust everywhere.  finished that up late and left to let the dust settle overnight.

Thursday:

loaded up the entertainment center to bring over, but stopped at the grocery store on the way and picked up a rug doctor so we can shampoo the basement carpet.  Of course it started to downpour while we were en route.  I didn't have the stuff covered in the back of the pickup so i frantically pulled into k-mart and threw those little plastic pools over the stuff so at least to cover it while i ran in and bought a tarp.  of course by the time i got the tarp tied down it had stopped raining.  they weren't saying it was going to rain for another 2 hours when we left and i even checked the radar before and nothing was showing.  it was just a fluke squall that just really pissed me off.  it didn't even rain at the house which is only 6 miles up the road.  pulled the truck in the big garage and unloaded everything and wiped it down good.

Started the house work by cleaning up all the dust from the hallway and wiping down the walls.  Didn't feel it needed to be primed so i threw a coat of ceiling flat on.  by the time i was done with the edges it was pretty much dry where i started since it was so hot in there.  oh and by the way, the air conditioner isn't working anymore.  i'm almost positive it has a freon leak.  I put in a call to Horizon to have them come out and service it but they can't get until the 14th.  so we'll be suffering for a week without it.  colors don't look right in that picture, but it's a slight cream color.  haven't touched the trim yet.

E30CD1EA-FE2B-4D3C-8E4F-A423F88DA666_zps

While i was messing with that and the hallway, my wife was doing the basement carpet in the nice air conditioning.  here's the before and afters

244695E3-B227-44C3-981B-58843508D898_zps

59B65991-FE0D-4E50-BC71-A77337F66CFA_zps

59B65991-FE0D-4E50-BC71-A77337F66CFA_zps

5B4B79EA-B34F-450B-8DE4-53F2E6C35F67_zps

after it dried it pulled up some more stains that will need additional cleaning.  since the stairway was still damp/wet from the cleaning i didn't attempt to paint the walls in there until after it dried.

Friday:

quite frankly i don't remember what the hell i did on the house on friday.  I mowed the lawn and edged.  a couple friends came over later that afternoon and i put the entertainment center together to then realize that the basement ceiling is too low.  so i have to remove the legs and cut them all down by 2" so it will clear.  i left that project for another day.  hoping to accomplish that this thursday night.  i think i assembled this morning

A9AFF7E6-5599-4263-9935-BDD974E15EEA_zps

Saturday:

started the morning by taking apart the bedroom and shrink wrapping the dresser drawers.  proceeded to load up the truck with all that stuff and headed up to the house.  cleaned the high traffic/stained areas again before returning the rug doctor.  then went shopping for some food and cleaning products.  also got the closet organizer parts i needed at Lowes.  got back to the house like 3 and painted the stairway and reassembled the bed.  then come to find out that there is no hot water.  the heater won't turn on.  It's a oil burning boiler summer/winter hookup setup.  it wasn't getting any electricity to anything.  didn't have a meter to test anything so i had to go out and buy another one (it was either that or waste at least an hour to go get mine).  of course this is now 8pm.  messed with it for a couple hours to no avail.  i did have a suspicion that it was the emergency shutoff switch in the stairway because it was getting juice on each wire no matter what position it was in.  my father-in-law was coming down on sunday and he has a lot of experience with that type of setup so i left it be for the night and went to bed sweaty, smelling and disgusting.  (we brought up all the bathroom stuff that morning too but i wasn't about to take a 40* water shower).

Sunday:

went back down to the apartment to load up the cars.  parents came down and loaded up their car too.  also @Shifty and his girlfriend came over and helped load up in exchange for a hair cut.  got up to the house without incident and unloaded the vehicles.  proceed to work on the heater conundrum.  we removed the stairway switch and bypassed it and boom, everything kicked on.  so thankfully it was nothing major to fix, just a faulty switch.  basically spent the day moving and trying to organize.  was able to take a shower finally and then grilled up some barbeque chicken and baked potatoes.

Monday:

last day of vacation.  Verizon guy woke me up at 8:02 with a phone call asking if he can come earlier than the 1-5 timeslot.  i said yes but to call first.  didn't show up until 1:30...thanks for the wake-up call for no reason asshole. went down to the apartment for another load of stuff, pretty much just miscellaneous crap at this point and the kitchen stuff.  since the kitchen is still apart, the priority of getting the plates, glasses, pots/pans up to the house didn't seem to be a priority.  basically took it easy monday and tried to relax a bit.  She took the truck back up to her parents while i installed the closet organizers.  of course that didn't go as smoothly as i had hoped.  i bought the wrong end caps so i had to run to lowes for the right ones.  but overall, it went pretty smoothly.  made some steaks and corn on the cob on the grill and parked my ass on the couch in front of the TV for a couple hours before bed.

the basement is almost full of stuff that needs to be put away.  We still need to work on the living room and kitchen/dining room.  plan is to put plastic up in the hallway entrance so that we can actually live in the house and not sanding dust on everything.  tonight i'm going to stop after work and pick up hopefully the 2nd to last load of stuff at the apartment.  the same goes for wednesday night.  i'll try and take some pictures tonight of what it actually looks like furnished.

Love how your dog cameos in almost every picture lol!

he is pretty much attached to my leg so yeah he tends to be in just about every picture.  the only reason he isn't in the basement carpet pictures is because we gated him upstairs during the cleaning

have you used the creeeper holder since i left ?

haha not yet.  it's buried behind empty boxes and furniture at the moment.  i might just have to move it to the big garage though to make better use of it.

the wife started sanding the living room so that meant blocking off the hallway.  which has a suck factor to it since the refrigerator is now blocked off from the living space.  so if i want a beer, i have to out the basement door, around the house and in through the sunroom.  is what it is though.  hopefully can get all the messy stuff done this weekend.

B33E8751-BD77-44A2-A038-177985B59B7B_zps

stopped back at the apartment last night and picked up what i'm thinking is the 2nd to last load of stuff.  everything is out of there now except for some kichen stuff.  mostly glasses, silverware, and some boxed food.

this currently how the basement looks:

9022CC78-1DBA-462F-9EC2-7C08C62BE520_zps

EF7D751B-95A5-4C28-BB32-8F6B28C6DB7C_zps

and some furnished pictures

27EF79A9-E762-4C76-BCD4-BDB9360AAA1B_zps

closet organizers installed

A95DE04B-7B0D-4AD3-9C3F-A3C98CF23398_zps

going to be buying a french door setup for this closet in the next couple months, just lower priority thing right now

7C804218-2250-4CED-8A89-17FF14BC93BD_zps

0BB6FFF5-7203-4250-AEFA-BE5C36A5DBFC_zps

annnnddd the current state of my office....all those bookshelves will go in the living room when its finished.

C68655CE-7A25-4FC0-8809-F307C4BCF55E_zps

The bathtub upstairs drains incredibly slow.  when you take a shower, it will get up to your ankles.  i've been washing my hair and then turning the water off while suddings up the rest of me to give it a chance to drain down.  So i borrowed a snake from a co-worker.  started with pulling the flapper valve thingy out to check for a blockage there.  nope, clean as a whistle.  next was pull ceiling tiles and clean out the goose neck trap.  that turned out to be clean too. 

F60A84E1-0D8F-4631-80F3-78B73155B16D_zps

as you can kinda see here, the goose neck has a section of pipe after it that has been replaced.  I fish the snake down the copper drain line for it to only go about 5ft before it stops.  pull more ceiling tiles to find out that the pipe makes a 90* left turn.  that section of line is clear.  Not much else i can do with the snake now at this point.  i quit for the night in favor of making food. 

tonights agenda:

1. stop at the apartment on the way home.

2. continue to check the bathtub's slow drain problem.  (find vent pipe and check slope of pipe)

3. sand down some walls in the living room

har har @Steve-Oh.  only the good hand cream for my winky

Friday night:

I brought home the last of the stuff.  We are now officially moved in to the house.

Proceeded to work on the tub again.  I pulled out the drain stopper and as black mage eluded to, i think it's a vent issue.  as soon as i pulled that stopper out it had enough ventilation, and it flowed nice.  put it back in and it sucks.  so i just left the stupid thing out for now.  we never take baths so i see no reason to keep it there.  besides it keeps me from investing more time fixing a problem in a bathroom i don't intended to keep, then that's a win in my book.  by the time i got that all back together and we ate it was getting late so we called it a night and watched some TV

Saturday:

started by sanding down the walls in the living room.  that room is now mostly done.  had to go back over some spots with some spackle to smooth them out more but not very many.  then mowed the lawn.  after showering and going out to get some mexican food, we came back for my first customer car at FMF.

05AD21F7-6C7A-4046-832F-0058CEFE2547_zps

Pat came over so we could replace his bumper core support, install 3k HID's in his fog lights and put in new fender liners.  my garage is still a mess of parts all over the place and junk in the corner, so it wasn't ideal conditions but we got it done. 

while Pat and I were working on his car, the Katie was scraping down the last bit of popcorn ceiling left in the dining room/kitchen.  we then spent some time spackling that area.  called it a night at 2am.

842A55EB-D41D-4813-8CDC-EAE83F7D6ABE_zps

Sunday:

i wish i can say that we spent the day sanding down the ktichen area so it would be done, but sadly no.  Her father decided that this past week would be the perfect time to install his new sheet metal roof on their house.  so we spent the day up there helping him with that.  i did however get sometimes accomplished both before and after.  when i first got up, i cut all the legs down on the entertainment center so that i could fit it under the drop celing in the basement.  when we got back, i put them back on.  Finalized the position of the cabinets and unpacked all the blu-rays/dvd/games.  so that is now done.  i should have taken a picture last night with the lights on it but i didn't think about it until now.  i have red LED's behind the cabinets to light up behind them. 

65405448-80AA-4C12-B30C-E886B942DA26_zps

Today's agenda:

1. working from home so i can do little things here and there.  i plan to try and and organize some of the stuff in the basement so as to clean that up a bit.

2. katie will be sanding down the kitchen area

3. Air conditioning guy will be coming out around 1pm to look at that and hopefully fix it.

4. once 4 o'clock rolls around, i'll be sanding down the kitchen cabinets

here's hoping we can get all the sanding done today! wish us luck

air conditioner ended up being perfectly fine.  here it was just the thermostat went bad.  i had the tech go over it and clean it out and verify everything was good to go.  ended up getting a follow up inspection a year from now with it so that's cool.  got a new fancy schmancy digital thermostat now.  21st century here i come!

the sanding is now done.  our friend came down to help sand down the kitchen cabinets.  that was a chore.  took us about 5 hours with 2-3 sanders going to get all the urethane/stain off the cabinets.  and oh boy the dust.  we aren't painting the insides of the cabinets because i don't care what they look like.  the plan is to redo this kitchen within the next 3-5 years so i'll deal with a mismatched interior for that time.  the upper portion that isn't sanded would have to be done by hand so we said screw that and we'll just scuff it up and hope the paint looks decent.  worst case scenario i take the trim off and sand it down later.  i'm not really worried about it, i don't think anyone would notice it anyway.

E70469F7-8EFA-46BD-BBAA-0CE1E9E52F7A_zps

64C874A5-20B7-4AEB-AE4C-AF180DC335C1_zps

we locked it up for the night to let the dust settle so we can clean it all up later.  most likely won't get touched until thursday but we'll see. 

i also got a exterminator coming out on thursday to nuke the place.  there's been a lot of spider and crawling insect activity and the other day the dog found a dead mouse.  when i was messing with the tub the other night, i was popping a bunch of floor tiles and there is mouse turds all over the place up there.  of course i'm telling the lady that i haven't seen any evidence of live mice, and later that night i hear a nice bit of scurrying across the ceiling tiles that i couldn't trace back.  so thankfully they are coming out in a couple days to address that.