Prokiller

Full Moon Friday Garage w/ attached house

Lookin good Ryan! You guys have been kicking a second helping of ass in that house, I know how much work it is just to paint one room, much less redo every surface in the house lol.

Personally the popcorn ceiling was shiny. Always distracted me!! lol

Weird things happen at this house. Someone somehow ended up with a picture of Jesus in their bag.. troy cough.. Not sure how it got in there. 

Peoples rims are randomly switched on their cars. like out of nowhere. Go inside, stock rims. Come back out, BAM! new rims!

Who knows what may happen next.. creepy twins cough. cough

Personally the popcorn ceiling was shiny. Always distracted me!! lol

Weird things happen at this house. Someone somehow ended up with a picture of Jesus in their bag.. troy cough.. Not sure how it got in there. 

Peoples rims are randomly switched on their cars. like out of nowhere. Go inside, stock rims. Come back out, BAM! new rims!

Who knows what may happen next.. creepy twins cough. cough

Turn your back for a second and BAM! Light poles turn into sittin' logs, just pure lunacy.

yesterday we had Ehrilich come out and spray for insects and put traps down for mice.  i heard some again last night on the drop ceiling.  hopefully it meant they got on a trap.  As far as working on the house, i got the ceilings, walls and cabinets wiped down in the kitchen/dining room and living room.  Also spent over an hour going through the pile of stuff in the basement and organizing it a bit.  put all the seasonal decorations out in the one garage cabinet.  Brought all of the wife's shoes upstairs for her to deal with.  put all the office stuff in one pile and the kitchen stuff in another.  so it's getting there. 

tonight's goal is to paint the ceilings and maybe throw down some primer on the walls.  the priority is the ceilings though.

ended up going to the old apartment friday night to give it a cleaning before turning the keys back in.  it's now officially no longer ours.

Saturday:

mowed the lawn first thing in the morning before it got too hot out.  ended up being a beautiful day anyway.  Moved inside and painted the ceilings in the living room, dining room and kitchen. 

6FEBF0D7-BB07-42C0-A7E9-91C766E5CEC0_zps

wife got home and primed the walls

A002B9BB-7EA8-49D4-9F71-52B283CCF426_zps

5D13E185-060E-45B5-8510-F8B4B9380CE1_zps

our friend came down to help with the kitchen cabinets after went to dinner.  it also gave us enough time to let the primer dry.

used 1.2.3. primer that we had a little gray added to it. 

1AA0E524-41BC-4AA5-81BA-AABACDCD4F5A_zps

meanwhile i was painting the living room

69976A13-2046-4365-AB50-5033E2BC4974_zps

and the wife was painting the hallway wall

CEF7C2A0-AFD3-4497-854D-D893BDDC9411_zps

called it a night at pretty much midnight.  thankfully we didn't have to go up and help her father with his roof so i was able to keep banging away on the house sunday.

Sunday:

started with a hardware store run to get more living room paint because i ran out.  didn't have enough to do an entire second coat and the edges.  also got some odds and ends there, including new white outlets for the living room.  currently half are black non-grounded and other half are beige.  no bueno. 

got the second coat on and then started ripping up the carpet

32A5BCB4-5990-4920-823E-20DAF0CE8BCB_zps

the wife also had to lay down a second coat on the hallway wall.  Then she started on the orange dining room wall

E9BCF021-37BE-4410-A317-F368EB33033A_zps

AA9D1393-6B62-4D74-AE3A-52DF079F4815_zps

meanwhile i was pulling staples out of the living room floor.  i think i pulled out about 500 of them.  it was like 3 pounds of staples. 

CEFC80F4-2851-4B3A-A0AA-939D78B99175_zps

and that doesn't even include all the tack strips around the edges.  I only got half of those done before it was 10PM.  I pulled all the strips where the baseboard is so that the wife could paint it today with the hopes of being able to put the bookcases in tonight.   That will make a HUGE difference in our move-in ability.

Today's agenda:

1. wife will paint the baseboard

2. continue priming the kitchen cabinets

3. 2nd coat of baseboard paint

4. replace outlets in living room

5. bring in the living room furniture (bookcases, couch, tv stand and electronics)

6. put away all the books

whole bunch of pictures today.  Got more done than i would have thought yesterday/last night. 

the wife got all the trim painted in the living room.  it kind of snowballed.  first thing was the baseboards, then they looked really good making the window frames look like ass.  so she ended up doing all the trim in there.

7203705A-152E-41DD-A247-D70E15E7B5EB_zps

I put all new outlets in the room and new plates.  one of which already broke the first time we plugged a lamp into it.

45BD7FD4-E821-4067-94C7-291AC720E190_zps

found out that only one of the outlets works off the switch at the front door.  and it's right where the TV goes.  now tell me that's not stupid....

now for the floor.  it's not as good as the office.  they had an area rug at one point and it really shows.  not to mention all the stains.  we spent some time trying to clean them all up but it looks like we'll be resurfacing that room in the future.  i'm not doing it right now.  too much work at the moment for that. 

49860869-B43D-44C9-AFD2-B487AF66CC1D_zps

849C3F43-768B-49A3-817A-2341FB7826FA_zps

2043D5FB-BE0B-4AF9-8A90-00E71B764B90_zps

BB5E40BE-986F-485B-9AB6-9F4953B2CA44_zps

after having decided to not mess with it any longer because it didn't seem to be getting any better we said screw it and brought in the furniture

6C6FC356-5C5C-434B-9564-5609C1E6A20F_zps

5A467B7A-E839-46C0-B814-6D1A0B52B768_zps

all those book cases will be full.  ended up staggering them and what i'll do it put a board between them to give me more room up top.  i've done this in the past and it works well.  in the future i'll be making built in bookcases in there.  but for now these work.  them being different isn't as noticeable once all the books are in.

since i work tonight and tomorrow night, i will probably only be putting books away the next couple days.

hopefully the wife will be able to prime some more of the cabinets though.

hooked up the TV in the living room last night and moved all the books in there so i can unpack them tonight.  that gave me room to actually put my desk chair in my office.  it was a big win.

7AB1D6ED-50C7-42D9-B059-EE5053D03D5F_zps

081CDE49-43B5-4DC9-B272-B9B87FB0ABED_zps

• Moderators

I remember being floored when I realized ALL those file boxes are FULL of books :o

I donated about that many to the library when we moved last.  

i'm somewhat of a bibliophile.  sadly i've only read about 1/4 of them so far.  it's been hard to keep up on it the last few years.

the wife cleaned up the dining room and all floors yesterday.  also the windows are all washed inside and out.  so that allowed me to bring in the kitchen table

C1681E58-85DB-4934-A9B0-E91397B475C5_zps

then moved onto the book unpacking.

DEE602E8-B64A-4BB9-8A13-9A21F5E46061_zps

because of the new layout i ended up with plenty of extra space actually, but i'm sure that won't last too long.

no picture because it's not fully done, but i also hung the high shelf in the office closet.  i have some left over pieces that i want to make into more shelves on the one side of the closet for actual box storage.  but have to decide on how long i want it and how far to space them apart.  I'll finish that up tonight.

• Moderators

Love all the old 5.0 magazines along the bottom!  My magazines made it out to the garage when I donated all my books.  I need to build a bookshelf out there for the 5.0 and Mustang Monthly as well as all the Chiltons.

its going to take me HOURS to put them all back in order.  i don't go by alphabet, but more so by genre and then how it looks pretty.  right now they are all just thrown in there.  with the exception of the 5.0s.  those all were packed away chronologically and then pulled out the same way.  13 years of 12 issues each makes for one hell of a project to organize so yeah i made sure they were right.

• Moderators

its going to take me HOURS to put them all back in order.  i don't go by alphabet, but more so by genre and then how it looks pretty.  right now they are all just thrown in there.  with the exception of the 5.0s.  those all were packed away chronologically and then pulled out the same way.  13 years of 12 issues each makes for one hell of a project to organize so yeah i made sure they were right.

I feel your pain.  I wish I still had all of mine.  I've only got about the last 2 years and that was bad enough.  I had that many Mustang Monthly issues and some other magazine that catered to the Genesis Mustangs from about 1995 on.  Not sure what possessed me to throw them all away.  Sometimes I go from hoarder to throwing everything out and then regretting it later.

I feel your pain.  I wish I still had all of mine.  I've only got about the last 2 years and that was bad enough.  I had that many Mustang Monthly issues and some other magazine that catered to the Genesis Mustangs from about 1995 on.  Not sure what possessed me to throw them all away.  Sometimes I go from hoarder to throwing everything out and then regretting it later.

i've done that with too many things but the magazines always hang around.  i actually spent a couple nights during the winter and went through about half of them and tagged all the sn95 articles in each issue.  it was fun to look back on some of the cars and things they did.  its amazing to me how many cars had all stock interiors.  like probably 80% of them.

Got any MPH magazines chillin in there?

nah, never really subscribed to anything but 5.0 and modified mustang for a while but thats it.  I think i got some road & track and car & drivers laying around but i usually throw those out.

You should have kept the issue of C&D where they unveiled the 03 Mach 1 with a 95 cobra motor, Brembos, and IRS ;) I'm sure the article in their magazine was even worse than the video, lol.

spent last night cleaning up the garage for a new addition that ended up not happening.  little pissed about that but what can you do...

this back corner is stuff that was left over from the previous people that i still have yet to clean out.  bunch of pieces of wood.

9BC85BB9-ABAA-46F6-A5E6-EDD9CC985120_zps

D24393F0-590C-45EE-A348-225517F00657_zps

and a panoramic

D4826700-0665-4B2A-ABF7-026B0F3CFEBF_zps

So much room for activities.  It's making my head spin.

Been watching this and man you guys waste no time, but I don't blame you.  It's all coming along really great.  That is a cool house.  I really like the layout of it all, especially all the garage space.

I heart that garage...

What's the bullitt wheel from?

let's just say that i found a dumpster with mustang parts in at one point.  i have no idea how it ended up in my garage though :ph34r: