Solar

ah! I almost died...no I didn't.

So...

I went on my Sunday cruise today because I have been neglecting my GT for a while.  I went ahead and cleaned it up from the interior due to the massive amounts of dog fur.  Took it for a quick wash and then went ahead on a cruise. While cruising, I came up on an on-ramp and as usual, I stepped on the clutch and brakes, revved match and when to move my shifter down.  Well, it didn't move down and so I panicked and some how I started to spin out.  When I started to spin out I realized I panicked and so I calmed down and adjusted the vehicle back in place.  Well, I still couldn't move my shifter.  I had to pull over, shut the car off before I could move it.  Well, when I moved it finally, the clutch doesn't catch.  I NEED NEW CLUTCH!  

Hope I didn't ramble on here.

not sure...first i need to afford it. Going through some financial issues right now but I would like an Exedy Stage 1.

Ahhh good choice. Talk to Bert @iRoush I think he's sponsored by them?

Really interesting.  before you tear everything out of the car, I suggest you check and double check everything leading up to the clutch itself.  the quadrant, cable engagement to the quadrant, the cable itself (i've seen them melt on a header and stop working, even though it hasn't snapped).  Even the engagement at the bell housing and fork.  If the clip came out, it wont work correctly.  pull the cover off of the bell and check out the cable at the fork.  and see if you can get a glimpse of the release bearing on the fork.  make sure that moves correctly.  when I looked into mine before the last clutch job, it was in pieces.  The clutch / disk / flywheel was OK, but the Throughout bearing and bearing retainer needed to be replaced.  

FWIW I also replaced the clutch and disk, resurfaced the flywheel and replaced the quadrant while everything was out of the car.  

hopefully your issue is somehting not too costly!  

We took the transmission out yesterday at work.  There is no friction material at all on the clutch and the flywheel sure has some crazy hot spots.  Hopefully the machine shop can make magic.  I have an Exedy clutch on the way.  Love to me is being shown to me at work.  I have to be grateful.

We took the transmission out yesterday at work.  There is no friction material at all on the clutch and the flywheel sure has some crazy hot spots.  Hopefully the machine shop can make magic.  I have an Exedy clutch on the way.  Love to me is being shown to me at work.  I have to be grateful.

I had that happen to a Centerforce clutch once!  I was passing a cement truck several years ago.  Speed limit was 55 they were moving about 45.  I dropped to 2nd and went around him.  Went to put it in 3rd and it would go in.  So I ended up coasting about another 1/4 mile up hill and pulled off on the next road up. 

When we pulled the trans the clutch fibers were all in the bell housing and nothing left on the face of the clutch. 

well guys.  pilot bearing wasn't bad.  throw out bearing sure was.  all of that was replaced of course.  New clutch is in and the flywheel was saved by resurfacing.  All I have to do now is put the transmission up which may be tomorrow and then..some break in period.  After that....it will be time...to roll.

woohoo!  The transmission is back in.  damn that stupid starter!  Well, got it in and I drove it home from work.  Such awesomeness as the clutch is light.  I was so used to the stock clutch it was horrible!  Now it is hard to drive as the softness.  Thanks Exedy.

woohoo!  The transmission is back in.  damn that stupid starter!  Well, got it in and I drove it home from work.  Such awesomeness as the clutch is light.  I was so used to the stock clutch it was horrible!  Now it is hard to drive as the softness.  Thanks Exedy.

i miss having a nice new clutch. glad you got it back together and working man! get back out to enjoying that thing!