Zach

The Toybota build

Well I figured since the mustang build is winding down for this season I should start a thread on my other toy, the Toyota that is. First off its a 2007 trd sport double cab short bed 4x4 with the 4.0 v6 and 6 speed manual trans , in my favorite Toyota color silver streak mica. Mods started out small husky mud flaps, floor liners, n-fab light bar, rigid led lights, and replaced the old foggy headlights. When I got it the front bumper had a crack in it and the hood scoop insert was faded bad so had the body shop correct that. My plans for the truck are a Dailey/ weekend expedition camping rig. The next mod coming is a lift I'm debating on the old man emu 3" lift or eibach/ bilstein 3"lift. 5u4anesy.jpg alabama snow storm. a5a9yjym.jpg day I brought it home. sepy4apy.jpg n-fab light bar, rigid lights. I'll get some more pics up as I can find them, I'm kinda excited to get working on this thing to break away from the mustang so I'll drive it and enjoy it when I get the rear main seal fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice truck man! I am a sucker for Tacoma's and Tundra's.    If you need anything, let me know I can probably get you a deal on stuff, i work for a Toyota dealership.  Also, Im selling this grill cover if you're looking for one. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271587881609

Nice truck man! I am a sucker for Tacoma's and Tundra's.    Also, Im selling this grill cover if you're looking for one.

WELL THATS CONVENIENT! anyone ride a harley? as @Blackmage :D

i like the toyota as well. However being the fan boy and loyal employee to Ford Motor Company that i am. thats not a truck :P

Nice truck man! I am a sucker for Tacoma's and Tundra's. If you need anything, let me know I can probably get you a deal on stuff, i work for a Toyota dealership. Also, Im selling this grill cover if you're looking for one.

yea I realy need a color matched grille because it's a sport and supposed to have one and some reason it has a chrome one.

WELL THATS CONVENIENT! anyone ride a harley? as @Blackmage :D

i like the toyota as well. However being the fan boy and loyal employee to Ford Motor Company that i am. thats not a truck :P

. That may be in terms of towing and other stuff but in offroad maneuverability/ capability, size convenience for parking etc... Fuel economy and reliability I think this little thing does good lol.

ford does not sell the Ranger anymore. If I was in the small truck market I would be going with a Tacoma for sure. Whats the other options? a Chevy Colorado...haha NO

ya word in the street is there's supposed to be a new Colorado/ canyon with bunch of new features and mabey a new Diesel engine.

3ygununu.jpg. u6u3ada6.jpghajapagy.jpgahuvuhyq.jpg. Trip to little river canyon in north al today had a great time and truck did great, just need a little more ground clearance.

Nice yota! Any fun creek/river crossings in your area?

some the middle pic is one of the fords on the little river and we eventually crossed it with ease since the water is down this time of year.

be3ahade.jpgebe7yra5.jpgypydupem.jpg. Finally got the lift on, bilstein 5100 all way around ome 885 lift coils and wheelers 2 inch aal. Got around 2.75 up front and right at 2 in the rear, this thing rides like a frikkin Cadillac now it's awsome. Next is to get some nice wheels with some offset for it.

I like the block LED's! Why did you go that route as opposed to a whole bar?

so I could run true spots in the middle and floods on the outside and have full control of the aiming.

sweet truck man, nice work. love the scenery pics. nothing better than having a vehicle you can go off road and find those cool spots.

thanks man, we are goin wheeling in the talladega national Forrest next weekend. I think I'll be a little more confident with my extra ground clearance and will also get some good scenery pics.

awesome! 1 day i'll get around to lifting the wrangler. it does pretty good now but not "wheeling" good :P

yea next thing is skids and sliders, then front and rear air lockers.

i may get serious about building this wrangler 1 day soon. if so i may chat with ya about things like air lockers lol. heard they do wonders if you get the real deal.

yea they are what sucks is the arb lockers are 1,000 a peice plus air compressor and installation. Yea if you have some spare time check out expedition overland on you tube, and what the first video of the series and that will pretty much sum up what I would like to do in the future with this or another tacoma.

i may get serious about building this wrangler 1 day soon. if so i may chat with ya about things like air lockers lol. heard they do wonders if you get the real deal.

yea they are what sucks is the arb lockers are 1,000 a peice plus air compressor and installation. Yea if you have some spare time check out expedition overland on you tube, and what the first video of the series and that will pretty much sum up what I would like to do in the future with this or another tacoma.

hahaa, i tried to clean up some of the quote replies :P won't let me. i think the forum is kinda screwy...happened to me just now. triple post lol.

i will def check out expedition overload asap. 

hahaa, i tried to clean up some of the quote replies :P won't let me. i think the forum is kinda screwy...happened to me just now. triple post lol.

i will def check out expedition overload asap.

dang triple post haha, and idk if auto correct got you but it's expedition overland not overload lol.

figured I'd post this over here for ya @Zach!  Im sure you know about this since you posted about it, but this is all we have on it right now.

Q1: What is the condition?
A1: The subject vehicles’ rear suspension system contains leaf springs that are constructed of either three or
four leaves. There is a possibility that a leaf could fracture due to stress and corrosion. If this occurs and
the vehicle continues to be operated, the broken leaf could move out of position and contact surrounding
components, including the fuel tank. If the broken leaf contacts the fuel tank repeatedly, it could puncture
the tank, and cause a fuel leak. In the presence of an ignition source, this could result in a fire.

Q2: Are there any warnings or indicators before this condition occurs?
A2: There are no warnings or indicators before this condition occurs. However, if the leaf spring has fractured
and moved out of position, it could contact surrounding components, resulting in an audible Clunk or
Bang from the rear of the vehicle. In this condition, it can also be visible looking under the rear of the
vehicle.

Q2a: What if I experience the condition before the remedy is available?
A2a: If you experience the condition or warnings described above, please contact your local authorized
Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair. If the condition is related to this Safety Recall, the repair
will be performed at No Charge to you. 

Q4: Which and how many vehicles are covered by this Safety Recall?
A4: There are approximately 711,000 vehicles covered by this Safety Recall in the US.

Tacoma Pre-Runner/Tacoma 4X4, Certain 2005-2011, production periods September 2004 through October 2010, 711,000 approx units

Q4a: Are there any other Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicles covered by this Safety Recall in the
U.S.?
A4a: No, there are no other Toyota, Lexus, or Scion vehicles covered by this Safety Recall.

Q4b: Why are the other 2WD Tacoma models not covered by this Safety Recall?
A4b: Although the other Tacoma models use the same leaf assemblies, they are located below the
rear axle instead of above it. Therefore, if the leaf spring fractures in these models, it will not
contact the fuel tank. 

figured I'd post this over here for ya @Zach! Im sure you know about this since you posted about it, but this is all we have on it right now.

Q1: What is the condition?

A1: The subject vehicles’ rear suspension system contains leaf springs that are constructed of either three or

four leaves. There is a possibility that a leaf could fracture due to stress and corrosion. If this occurs and

the vehicle continues to be operated, the broken leaf could move out of position and contact surrounding

components, including the fuel tank. If the broken leaf contacts the fuel tank repeatedly, it could puncture

the tank, and cause a fuel leak. In the presence of an ignition source, this could result in a fire.

Q2: Are there any warnings or indicators before this condition occurs?

A2: There are no warnings or indicators before this condition occurs. However, if the leaf spring has fractured

and moved out of position, it could contact surrounding components, resulting in an audible Clunk or

Bang from the rear of the vehicle. In this condition, it can also be visible looking under the rear of the

vehicle.

Q2a: What if I experience the condition before the remedy is available?

A2a: If you experience the condition or warnings described above, please contact your local authorized

Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair. If the condition is related to this Safety Recall, the repair

will be performed at No Charge to you.

Q4: Which and how many vehicles are covered by this Safety Recall?

A4: There are approximately 711,000 vehicles covered by this Safety Recall in the US.

Tacoma Pre-Runner/Tacoma 4X4, Certain 2005-2011, production periods September 2004 through October 2010, 711,000 approx units

Q4a: Are there any other Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicles covered by this Safety Recall in the

U.S.?

A4a: No, there are no other Toyota, Lexus, or Scion vehicles covered by this Safety Recall.

Q4b: Why are the other 2WD Tacoma models not covered by this Safety Recall?

A4b: Although the other Tacoma models use the same leaf assemblies, they are located below the

rear axle instead of above it. Therefore, if the leaf spring fractures in these models, it will not

contact the fuel tank.

yea I've already got that letter in the mail, question is will we get a retainer clip or new leaf springs.

yea I've already got that letter in the mail, question is will we get a retainer clip or new leaf springs.

ive seen a bunch of new leafsprings in our parts dept storage that are new. (like 10-15 pairs packaged together) so could be all new springs. unless we just bought a bunch for some unknown reason :P lol

ive seen a bunch of new leafsprings in our parts dept storage that are new. (like 10-15 pairs packaged together) so could be all new springs. unless we just bought a bunch for some unknown reason :P lol

heck ya your getting my hopes up now lol.

heck ya your getting my hopes up now lol.

youre gonna kill me.. lol

They unwrapped all of them and put them with all the frame recalls that we're getting ready to do next week.   9 total boxes, so 18 leaf spring sets.    normally we do maybe 3 a month, so this was kinda odd to get them all at the time time.  parts guys told me the same thing, but service is gonna be making bank on these.  it pays 60 hours to replace a full frame, and they can normally get one knocked out in 2 days by one tech alone.  

11075E35-CD72-40EB-B109-B244D4C84CFC_zps

youre gonna kill me.. lol

They unwrapped all of them and put them with all the frame recalls that we're getting ready to do next week. 9 total boxes, so 18 leaf spring sets. normally we do maybe 3 a month, so this was kinda odd to get them all at the time time. parts guys told me the same thing, but service is gonna be making bank on these. it pays 60 hours to replace a full frame, and they can normally get one knocked out in 2 days by one tech alone.

11075E35-CD72-40EB-B109-B244D4C84CFC_zps

damn haha I defiantly don't qualify for the frame recall and hope i never do, but ima wait it out to se what they do with the springs. If it turns out to be just a clip I'll get some ome dakars or an allpro leaf pack.

those pics are amazing zach!! really makes me want to travel this summer.

thanks man!! Mabey one day when I stop having troubles with my stupid car I can buy a good camera and give some of the places I go some Justice on how beautiful they are.

Well I finally got tired of having to roll my windows down and night to see to back up( because they are tinted of course) so I ordered these. bd1a9ce463e42ce28f6cc61f2a062b50.jpg they came complete with a harness, relay, fuse, etc... So the install was straight forward, hardest part was cutting the holes in the bumper. First impression is they are awesome, I can see like it's daylight behind me they also have a 3 position switch come with them so they can just come on when backing or always on if I need light for working behind the truck or loading etc... At night.990c87ff5634dc43795ae201b3eadd8f.jpg and a pic at night. 2df3acf02c371aa150acff9495d13f3a.jpg

Wow those should do the trick and the almost look factory vs looking like an afterthought.

thats what I was going after, I think the ones that hang below the bumper look tacky and they are something else to get knocked off.

those would kinda be nice to have a toggle on them so you could flip them on at night if youre back behind the truck working on something, or attempting to pull someone/something out

those would kinda be nice to have a toggle on them so you could flip them on at night if youre back behind the truck working on something, or attempting to pull someone/something out

but they are hooked up that way, the harness has a 3 position switch for always off on In reverse and always on. And I do use it for that reason it helps a lot, the next thing I want to do is get a set of their rock lights and put them in the bed and set it up to come on when the tail gate is open.